Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2014 10:36:51 AM EDT
Just read that Abbott backed out of one of two scheduled gubernatorial debates with Davis. I don't know what he is thinking but he keeps this up we will get stuck with Davis shit
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:52:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just read that Abbott backed out of one of two scheduled gubernatorial debates with Davis. I don't know what he is thinking but he keeps this up we will get stuck with Davis shit
View Quote

Maybe he found out Candy Crowley was moderator.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wouldn't get too worried just yet...  He may be skipping it because it isn't worth his time to bother with it...

Closest poll shows him ahead by 8%.  Most of the polls show him ahead by 12%.  Some as high as 17%.  I think it very well could be closer than a lot of people might think...  but I'd be surprised if he doesn't win by at least 51% to 47% with the other couple percent going to the minor party candidates like the Libertarians and Greens.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't think it will be too close unless the Dem party machine really turns up the dirty tricks with outside help from the National.
Wendy's platform will not play well outside of the normal blue cities.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Politics 101:

You only address credible threats to your election.

Everyone and everything else, you ignore.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't think it will be too close unless the Dem party machine really turns up the dirty tricks with outside help from the National.
Wendy's platform will not play well outside of the normal blue cities.
View Quote

National party has already said it isnt investing time and money into her race. something about it not being winnable I'm sure.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, like I said in the other thread I started the other day, he better pulls something substantial from his sleeves, because, so far, I haven't seen shit. And, folks said, eh, don't worry, it's too early. Election is 2 months away. "Too early"? Right!

I'm foreseeing defeat being snatched from the jaws of victory, here, if he keeps this up.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#7]
As long as he is at least willing to do the one debate, he still saves face, but not allow Davis a chance to gain on him needlessly. He's smart enought to know that she's prettier then him and it's not to his advantage to give her anything she can use. Right now it's his race to lose.

He will use the one debate to answer and discredit her mud-slinging ads, but not give here a foot in the door with any more debates.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:39:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Glad he did it.  Debating when the moderators are biaeds, lying, libs accomplishes nothing.  I hope the Republican prez candidate tells the media to kiss his ass and does not debate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top