Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2014 1:51:40 PM EDT
Howdy All,

I'd like to know if any of you are using this feature to prepare for your kid's college?  

This is the plan that allows us to pre-pay for tuition credits at today's costs.  My daughter is currently 5, and I have previously started both a 529 and an ESA (Education savings Account) through my Charles Schwab account.

Are any of y'all using this?  Your thoughts?

Thanks,
CMOS
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Ever get any response to this in private?  I am interested in the same.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Never mind.  Didn't think these were still offered but a quick google shows I am wrong

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:56:08 PM EDT
[#3]
got my kids in the Tx Tomorrow fund, the "pre-ban" version. Some of the benefits were changed (reduced?) in late '03

I haven't used the plan yet, but people I know that have like it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Still looking into this.  Will report what I find soon....

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
got my kids in the Tx Tomorrow fund, the "pre-ban" version. Some of the benefits were changed (reduced?) in late '03

I haven't used the plan yet, but people I know that have like it.
View Quote

Same here.  Paid for four years of college for each daughter.  I think it was the pre-paid program that ended when state tuition became unregulated (something like that) around that time.  My oldest is a HS freshman this year so we will get to use the program soon.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you a veteran?  If so, look into the Hazlewood Act.  My daughter is going to Texas A&M completely tuition and fee free.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#7]
enrollment opened yesterday on this but the TX Tomorrow fund is closed to new entrants.

This thing purports to be the same, but it really isnt.

This part of the contract worries me:

Neither a Contract nor any return paid with a refund is insured or
guaranteed by the FDIC, the state of Texas, the Texas Prepaid Higher
Education Tuition Board, any other state or federal governmental agency
or OFI Private Investments Inc. or its affiliates.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top