Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2014 6:14:16 PM EDT
Well I just received word I was selected for a relocation to the DFW area with my employer.  You can add one Conservative, freedom loving gun nut to your ranks and I will be dam proud to have my vote count for the first time in my life.  I have to rent a u haul just to bring my guns and ammo cause the movers wont touch that stuff.

Having said that I have a 15' Tracker Deep v with a 9.9 HP motor.  I love to fish but I'm thinking this is a very small and slow boat for the fishing opportunities around DFW.  Thoughts on if I should bring it or buy something once there with some more motor?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Lots of fishing lakes around DFW.

Not sure why a fishing boat needs Formula 1 speed, so i'd say bring it.

Keep in mind we've been in drought for years, so lakes are way down right now
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Bring it, just make sure to install wheels on the bottom for the shallow spots.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bring it, just make sure to install wheels on the bottom for the shallow spots.
View Quote

Ha!
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Welcome to Dallas, look me up when you get here!

PS:  You misspelled damn.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#5]
The boat is gonna limit you for sure but i wouldnt move anywhere with out mine. I have a bass boat and a CC so yea, bring it and expect to buy another one. Kinda like guns, you can never have enough or just one. Here is an awesome website to help ya out and meet.local fisherman. 2coolfishing
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lots of fishing lakes around DFW.

Not sure why a fishing boat needs Formula 1 speed, so i'd say bring it.

Keep in mind we've been in drought for years, so lakes are way down right now
View Quote

That depends on where and what lake.

http://www.lakelevels.info/?StateID=TX
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the info.  I would love to bring it but I may leave it for now and buy a new one once I assess the fishing situation down there.

I also might sell it use the money to put a 5 speed tremec in my 68 Camaro for the city driving.  Then replace the boat later :)
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the info.  I would love to bring it but I may leave it for now and buy a new one once I assess the fishing situation down there.

I also might sell it use the money to put a 5 speed tremec in my 68 Camaro for the city driving.  Then replace the boat later :)
View Quote

That sounds like a plan!
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#9]
When I moved here, my company took care of all shipping of the house contents, pets and both cars. So I sold my boat (sans motor), and bought one down here for just a little less.
There's good fishing all over DFW, miss ice fishing though...

ETA: 16" with a 15hp Yamaha.... and you'll need a motor title if you want to sell that here, no titles where I moved from.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:24:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Be very careful with that 68 in DFW traffic.....
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:31:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I concur with the above post, the drivers around here are almost the worst in the country. You'll get hit at some point. Been here 3 years and been hit twice.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:31:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Be very careful with that 68 in DFW traffic.....
View Quote

LOL...........never saw a more beater bunch of commuter rides as here. [QFT]

ETA: I have been rear ended twice at red lights.
Once on a M/C,last time in my Tundra,Drop hitch saved the day on that one.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:53:27 AM EDT
[#13]
you guys are starting to scare me.  The 68 is not an everyday driver just a weekend fun car.  I'm probably looking to be north or east of Richardson so I'm hoping not to have it in too much traffic.  I will not be in Dallas county in case they make trust changes and require CLEO signature.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:44:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Texas laws about boats are a little different. They require separate titles for the boat, motor, and trailer. If you don't have them it would be less hassle to sell it before you get there.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#15]
That boat is not going to limit you. It sounds like you are just tired of the boat and just want to upgrade. Bring it down here with all the titles/registrations and transfer it here. Or just sell it out there and get you a new one here.

That would be a perfect catfish platform.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#16]
If you have room for it, bring it. Lots of lakes around here.
If you decide to sell it, you can sell it here just as easy
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That boat is not going to limit you. It sounds like you are just tired of the boat and just want to upgrade. Bring it down here with all the titles/registrations and transfer it here. Or just sell it out there and get you a new one here.

View Quote

So you would take that 15 footer trolling in the middle of Lake livingston or on lake conroe with those 40' baja's and other power boats? Yes it limits you with that small of a boat. Are there plenty of other ways to use it ..... hell yea. But its not a boat to go any where on any lake at anytime. Thats a limit, not a reason to never use it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I concur with the above post, the drivers around here are almost the worst in the country. You'll get hit at some point. Been here 3 years and been hit twice.
View Quote

It's just because you're and import and don't know how to drive here. I grew up here and been driving here for 15 years with no problems
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So you would take that 15 footer trolling in the middle of Lake livingston or on lake conroe with those 40' baja's and other power boats? Yes it limits you with that small of a boat. Are there plenty of other ways to use it ..... hell yea. But its not a boat to go any where on any lake at anytime. Thats a limit, not a reason to never use it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't fish those lakes but will gladly take it on Grapevine, Worth, Arlington, Benbrook and others. Just have some common sense and you'll be ok.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Wasn't even moving both times I was hit! Native Texas drivers don't like stopped vehicles at lights or while waiting to turn etc. Lights here are just suggestions I guess.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#21]
You misspelled Texas...
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 6:34:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well I just received word I was selected for a relocation to the DFW area with my employer.  You can add one Conservative, freedom loving gun nut to your ranks and I will be dam proud to have my vote count for the first time in my life.  I have to rent a u haul just to bring my guns and ammo cause the movers wont touch that stuff.

Having said that I have a 15' Tracker Deep v with a 9.9 HP motor.  I love to fish but I'm thinking this is a very small and slow boat for the fishing opportunities around DFW.  Thoughts on if I should bring it or buy something once there with some more motor?
View Quote

would make a good duck or deer hunting boat.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:50:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Just come get it out of Wisconsin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top