Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2014 9:09:07 PM EDT
One of the things I miss leaving TX.

Just curious if it's still around?....Any recent pics?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, with improvements even. I have some pics on my laptop, will put a couple up in the morning.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:05:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yup, with improvements even. I have some pics on my laptop, will put a couple up in the morning.
View Quote

Please do post pictures.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:18:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Not me in the pic, it's my step-daughter.  Actually probably not me in most pics, we'll see.  I think this is it for now, I'm usually too busy shooting to take pics.  Maybe next time I'll do some more photos actually showing the lay of the land.

This one you can see a little better down the river.  He's got some welding tanks or something setup at the bend to use as "gongs", 6 or 7 of them I think (400yds roughly/supposedly).  Off to the right you can see the metal frame to hang targets.

This one looks down the rifle lane, it's been cleared out further back, I still have not lasered it, keep forgetting.  Supposed to eventually (if not already) go back to 500yds.

There's also a couple "chairs" now too.  Don't have pics, but several picnic tables, bbq grills, playset for the little kids.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow that's a huge improvement over when I was last there. Next to none of that stuff was there.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:46:07 PM EDT
[#5]
First rule of Mickey's violated in this thread.  

Why is it so hard to understand?  
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not sure where you are in Colorado but Ben Lomond gun club is awesome!  New club house is fantastic
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:22:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Which rule is that?  Don't talk about Mickey's?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Please explain?  I'm thinking about paying to shoot there, and I'd like to know the rules.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice pics.
It's a coin toss as to whether I'll get to shoot this year.

It's starting to look like the Mickey's of old: very family friendly!
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:08:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Not sure where you are in Colorado but Ben Lomond gun club is awesome!  New club house is fantastic
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Montrose

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:01:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Montrose  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Montrose  

Nevermind on that!  Keep in mind though you are surrounded by national forest when you can shoot for free.  You can even hunt for free with a license!  I was in Ouray last month, I miss Colorado
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Got my renewal notice early this year, going up to $300 (due to improvements).  If you're looking to join, get on the list now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I've always wondered how people shoot down river ?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#14]
What do you mean?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:50:36 PM EDT
[#15]
This place doesnt exist so stop looking for it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:18:18 AM EDT
[#16]
^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I nd to call Mick and check on my non-existent paperwork.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean illegally, unsafely, or both?
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is what I've always thought.
ETA. Used to fish in a boat along the Trinity.
In Ft. Worth though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't know texas law but in Colorado one cannot shoot within 100 feet of a body of water or river.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:50:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't know texas law but in Colorado one cannot shoot within 100 feet of a body of water or river.
View Quote

Tx does not care about that, but, you are legally responsible for the final effect of every round.

TRG
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:42:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Looks pretty nice just moved to mckinney and would love to know where this place at or find out some information about it. Anyone??? thanks
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:41:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Did someone set that place on fire yesterday?

**Mutual Aid/Grass Fire (Seagoville\DCFR)
S Beltline Rd @ Post Oak Dr
SFD Booster-1/Command en-route
DCFR Brush-1/Tanker-1 en-route
Seagoville FD en-route for mutal aid with Combine FD, DCFR, and Wilmer FD on a grass fire SB Beltline Rd just west of Trinity river.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:23:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Was out there Monday, took a couple more pics.  As you can tell, I don't do this for a living

For the first time I can remember, there was a dude out there almost acting as a 'range master'.  Just kinda checking in on people, making sure nobody was being an ass.  A few families out, it was nice.

Just to the right of the rifle lane is another pistol/rifle lane (goes out to 100yds).  Yes it's hard to see, I was not close and I don't feel like editing the photo lol.
Where the black car is on the left is the main rifle lane (goes out to 500yds, maybe).  Center of the pic (past the tree) is the new 100yd pistol/rifle lane.

Also here's a pic of the kid's area I mentioned.  Has a play set (couple kids were there Monday), picnic table, and grill.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#25]
I also just moved to mckinney and would love to find out more info too please. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I also just moved to mckinney and would love to find out more info too please. Thanks
View Quote

It's a bit of a drive, but looks like a good place to shoot.

I live in McKinney, a few blocks north of downtown. It's nice, but the Mexican polka music can get a bit loud sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Whoever wants to go check it out (as long as you don't shoot me or anyone else while we're there ), let me know.  Maybe we can setup a little group meeting out there, I can get in up to 4 guests at a time (total, not 4 + kids/spouse/whatever).

You'll just have to come in when I go in and leave when I leave (gate is locked).  Typically I end up staying out there for maybe 2 hours.  Of course if it's a nice day, not overly busy, and having a good time, maybe a little longer.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Whoever wants to go check it out (as long as you don't shoot me or anyone else while we're there ), let me know.  Maybe we can setup a little group meeting out there, I can get in up to 4 guests at a time (total, not 4 + kids/spouse/whatever).

You'll just have to come in when I go in and leave when I leave (gate is locked).  Typically I end up staying out there for maybe 2 hours.  Of course if it's a nice day, not overly busy, and having a good time, maybe a little longer.
View Quote

I'd like to take you up on your offer. I've always wanted to shot there. A friend from work just got his first AR and really wants to shot someplace fun and possibly my wife. Contact me if you would like to set something up, weekends would work best for us. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:21:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Not me in the pic, it's my step-daughter.  Actually probably not me in most pics, we'll see.  I think this is it for now, I'm usually too busy shooting to take pics.  Maybe next time I'll do some more photos actually showing the lay of the land.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-xf1NpHeQp70/U_c-AvdsgjI/AAAAAAAAEtg/ZVu_aNEEkaY/s601-no/942399_677458528938033_1151087837_n.jpg

This one you can see a little better down the river.  He's got some welding tanks or something setup at the bend to use as "gongs", 6 or 7 of them I think (400yds roughly/supposedly).  Off to the right you can see the metal frame to hang targets.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-oK2ICuVvxQw/U_c_bNFp5wI/AAAAAAAAEuE/WlxUKsN_Srg/w801-h601-no/DSCF1814.JPG

This one looks down the rifle lane, it's been cleared out further back, I still have not lasered it, keep forgetting.  Supposed to eventually (if not already) go back to 500yds.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-PW1QOlndPBI/U_dAGSANarI/AAAAAAAAEuY/PgCxxvcjkUc/w958-h540-no/DSCF1825.JPG

There's also a couple "chairs" now too.  Don't have pics, but several picnic tables, bbq grills, playset for the little kids.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-R-obnAzXj9A/UwkASsAEmYI/AAAAAAAAEg0/iM424egRPvw/w520-h601-no/CAM00493.jpg
View Quote

Thats a CHAIR???

I thought the woods were givin me the bird!!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:33:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Thats a CHAIR???

I thought the woods were givin me the bird!!!!
View Quote

lol great, now that's all I'm gonna see when I look at it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top