Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2014 10:50:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:01:47 AM EDT
[#1]
While we need to remain vigilant...  8% is still a pretty big margin of lead, and this is just one month's poll.  These polls can swing 2-3% from month to month.  This won't worry me a lot unless the D's continue to cut the margin.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:44:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Or you got the people like me(if I answer the phone) tell the pollster exactly opposite of what I am gonna do.    I would not be surprised at this being part of it.  At any rate, Wendy Davis, is in no way shape or form good for anything in Texas.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty nasty TV ad yesterday against Abbott from the Wendy cronies.  Something about a Kirby vacuum salesman sexually assaulting a home owner and the couple sued Kirby saying they were responsible as they failed to do a background check on the salesman who was a registered sex offender.  Said Abbot was the only one out of the 5 or 6 judges that sided with Kirby instead of the victims.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty nasty TV ad yesterday against Abbott from the Wendy cronies.  Something about a Kirby vacuum salesman sexually assaulting a home owner and the couple sued Kirby saying they were responsible as they failed to do a background check on the salesman who was a registered sex offender.  Said Abbot was the only one out of the 5 or 6 judges that sided with Kirby instead of the victims.
View Quote

I saw that today.  To retort he could just bring up the she supports and "stands up" against those opposed to the genocide of millions of unborn children every year
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:33:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote
The tighter control was held with the distributor.  Not Kirby.  Wrong entity was being sued and that is what Abbott stood up for.  Heart wrenching story that attacked the deeper pockets instead where the blaim was.  Terrible thing.  The crime and Wendy Davis whoring the story for political gain.  I hope her mole gets gangrene.

On another note, Wendy Davis was my Rep while she served.  I wrote and called her office many times over many subjects.  Never one response.  When I called after having enough of that to ask why John Cornyn would answer me when I disagreed with him but Wendy was too busy to even send a form letter...I was answered basically with she disagreed with my philosophy and left hanging???   Because we disagree doesn't mean she shouldn't answer or represent me.   She is a truly worthless, self seeking politician.   I despise john Cornyn but at least he answers.  I can't express the venom I have for her candidacy!
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Abbott was in  the right.

Rapist was not a Kirby employee, but a distributor.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 7:27:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

dont let facts and legal truth get in the way of emotions.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Abbott's ad which I saw last night was some old woman, saying what a nice boy he was.  Church going, kind, ect.  

I really expect the dems to come out with some mean ads.  Remember Ma Richards, in her speech, "Stick a fork in George Bush, he's done."  That's not the only thing she got wrong.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:22:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm pretty sure the public is tired of electing people who arent qualified for it.  She will get votes.  But killing babies is not popular here.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 1:35:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Abbott's ad which I saw last night was some old woman, saying what a nice boy he was.  Church going, kind, ect.  

I really expect the dems to come out with some mean ads.  Remember Ma Richards, in her speech, "Stick a fork in George Bush, he's done."  That's not the only thing she got wrong.
View Quote

Abbott and/or his supports can sling mud too.  Big billboard on IH 35 somewhere between Belton and Waco I've passed a few times about Davis being investigated by the FBI in big giant letters I think for her legal practice.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure the public is tired of electing people who arent qualified for it.  She will get votes.  But killing babies is not popular here.
View Quote

If this were true, there would be an awful lot of empty seats come November 5.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 2:21:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or replacements.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 2:38:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope youre right
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 5:06:20 AM EDT
[#14]
theyre both evil shits, like all politicians.

theres things i like, and dont like about each of them, so either way i feel we're screwed.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Or replacements.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or replacements.

No...  Empty seats.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

theres things i like, and dont like about each of them, so either way i feel we're screwed.
View Quote

What do you like about Wendy?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im gonna catch flack for it on here i bet, but i'm pro choice so im with her on that.

just a "coincidence" that the only abortion clinics left are part of a hospital system that rick perrys sister works for, right?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#18]
In regards to the original post...

I said we needed to not get comfortable MONTHS ago when she first announced. I was told on this forum not to worry. Yeah. That worked out real well. It's going to be a lot closer than we realize.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I said we needed to not get comfortable MONTHS ago when she first announced. I was told on this forum not to worry. Yeah. That worked out real well. It's going to be a lot closer than we realize.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 4:13:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

But, voter ID law is in place.  It will be a lot harder to fraud her way in.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Not really. Any half wit hacker can fix a vote just nice. Met a guy who used to work on voting machines. He swore we would never have a fair election until its on paper ballots and hand counted.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Im gonna catch flack for it on here i bet, but i'm pro choice so im with her on that.

just a "coincidence" that the only abortion clinics left are part of a hospital system that rick perrys sister works for, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't feel bad...  I'm non-religious and pro-abortion (the truly conservative choice -- abortion is much cheaper than live births + welfare forever).  I still don't like Wendy.  Even though I am pro-abortion, it isn't an issue I care all that much about.  The 2nd Amendment is the only issue that really matters (and after that it's the economy, illegal immigration, etc)...  She sucks on all of those issues, as do basically all Democrats.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Don't feel bad...  I'm non-religious and pro-abortion (the truly conservative choice -- abortion is much cheaper than live births + welfare forever).  I still don't like Wendy.  Even though I am pro-abortion, it isn't an issue I care all that much about.  The 2nd Amendment is the only issue that really matters (and after that it's the economy, illegal immigration, etc)...  She sucks on all of those issues, as do basically all Democrats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly why i vote republican too.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#24]
That gap will widen the closer it gets to election day.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:57:27 PM EDT
[#25]
IMO - The only votes Wendy will get are the same folks that vote Democrat regardless of who runs.  That woman has told so many lies, I doubt she can keep them all straight.    I'm looking forward to some rebuttal adds that shine a little light on her BS...
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:58:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think her position is totally unrestricted abortions.

I'n curious, do you personally have a final time limit for an abortion?

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#27]
I find it to be interesting dichotomy that the Democrats, including Wendy Davis, will gladly let you kill
your unborn children, yet be the first ones to take firearms away from law abiding citizens.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:14:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Final limit as in how far along? It should be early, as far as a specific time, no. When she finds out she's pregnant, a decision (whatever it may be) should be made pretty soon, as there is a lot of planning no matter what the decision is. I feel there should be some restrictions, but not to the point Perry put in place!
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Final limit as in how far along? It should be early, as far as a specific time, no. When she finds out she's pregnant, a decision (whatever it may be) should be made pretty soon, as there is a lot of planning no matter what the decision is. I feel there should be some restrictions, but not to the point Perry put in place!
View Quote

I was just curious.

What Perry signed was 20 weeks, and I think most any woman would know by 5 months whether they are pregnant or not.
Although, I suppose you could be opposed to the restrictions on the doctors as well.

Probably still an arbitrary time limit.

Kinda found it strange that before she decided to run for governor, Wendy Davis was anti-death penalty, but pro abortion.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Given what is going on with kids these days...  up until 18 years old?

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Kinda found it strange that before she decided to run for governor, Wendy Davis was anti-death penalty, but pro abortion.

View Quote

I'm pro death penalty...  Wendy Davis isn't pro-abortion...  there is a difference between that and pro-choice.  I think if people can't provide proof of financial responsibility to have children, have a license and mandatory parental education (or at least passing an equivalency test) that abortion should be mandatory.  We demand more for people to be able to drive than to have children.  As I said before, an abortion is much cheaper than a live birth + a lifetime of welfare.  It wouldn't take long to really cut down on social spending if we took some positive steps to curbing our overpopulation problem.  It isn't like humans are an endangered species.  We are approaching 7 billion humans on this planet...  which is about twice what it can reasonably support.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:18:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm pro death penalty...  Wendy Davis isn't pro-abortion...  there is a difference between that and pro-choice.  I think if people can't provide proof of financial responsibility to have children, have a license and mandatory parental education (or at least passing an equivalency test) that abortion should be mandatory.  We demand more for people to be able to drive than to have children.  As I said before, an abortion is much cheaper than a live birth + a lifetime of welfare.  It wouldn't take long to really cut down on social spending if we took some positive steps to curbing our overpopulation problem.  It isn't like humans are an endangered species.  We are approaching 7 billion humans on this planet...  which is about twice what it can reasonably support.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man, that's harsh.  I'll choose life over money...and I truly hate the government taking my money.

How about this?...When a female becomes pregnant and cannot do / exhibit as you've listed above, sterilization becomes mandatory after the birth of that child.  I'm all for this.  The baby shouldn't die because the woman is a crack whore, but we could ensure that if the government (you and I) pay to see the baby through pregnancy and birth, there shall be no more.

This solution would be slower than yours, but I believe it would work...and we do not have to kill a baby.  Yes, I believe that a baby in the womb is a baby / has a soul.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:21:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, Webster defines pro-abortion as favoring the legalization of abortion.
However, if you are saying pro-abortion really means mandatory abortion,
then are you saying Wendy Davis is actually a moderate on the subject?

and do you also have a plan for the other end?
I mean, once someone is not working and feeding the machine,
and if they are unable to fully support themselves financially, do we do away with them as well?

Certainly would be cheaper.
also be quite an incentive to get off welfare.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:24:59 AM EDT
[#34]
"Mandatory Abortion."

"Forced sterilization."

What is wrong with you?

That is some totalitarianism if I ever heard it.

How about just ending all these stupid welfare programs so people either are forced to deal with consequences of their own actions or depend on charity?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:55:35 AM EDT
[#35]
I think everyone should get prepared for Wendy to be our new governor.

It is very much in the realm of possibility.  We've have an R in the spot for too long
by Texas standards.  

Houston, SA, Austin and likely Dallas will go all out for Wendy.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:00:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It is very much in the realm of possibility.  We've have an R in the spot for too long
by Texas standards.  

View Quote

For all the hoopla Werndy Derpus creates im thinking not.

Alot of religous ethnic communities dont care much for abortion.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:02:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

by Texas standards.  

I think I understand where your coming from, however a D by her name trumps the abortion issue, in my mind.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Man, that's harsh.  I'll choose life over money...and I truly hate the government taking my money.

How about this?...When a female becomes pregnant and cannot do / exhibit as you've listed above, sterilization becomes mandatory after the birth of that child.  I'm all for this.  The baby shouldn't die because the woman is a crack whore, but we could ensure that if the government (you and I) pay to see the baby through pregnancy and birth, there shall be no more.

This solution would be slower than yours, but I believe it would work...and we do not have to kill a baby.  Yes, I believe that a baby in the womb is a baby / has a soul.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could accept your solution as a compromise.  FWIW, I don't believe in souls, or at very least if there is such a thing, other animals that we don't have much problem with euthanizing (like dogs and cats) do too...  so that argument doesn't really go anywhere with me.  I really don't want to see babies killed either...  BUT, I think every baby needs to be wanted and properly taken care of.  If that isn't possible then they are probably better off not being born.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:09:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It isn't a linear kind of thing.  I'm sure that she'd find my position as reprehensible as pro-life, just for different reasons.

and if they are unable to fully support themselves financially, do we do away with them as well?

Well, if people have earned their keep over the years then they shouldn't be a burden on society in their old age because they will have taken care of themselves.  If their family cares enough, then they will take care of the problem without having to sponge off the government.

Certainly would be cheaper.
also be quite an incentive to get off welfare.

There should be no long term welfare for able bodied.  You could make a case that elderly aren't able bodied perhaps...
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
"Mandatory Abortion."

"Forced sterilization."

What is wrong with you?

That is some totalitarianism if I ever heard it.

How about just ending all these stupid welfare programs so people either are forced to deal with consequences of their own actions or depend on charity?
View Quote

If we did that first, and it worked, then what I'm talking about would rarely if ever be necessary.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I could accept your solution as a compromise.  FWIW, I don't believe in souls, or at very least if there is such a thing, other animals that we don't have much problem with euthanizing (like dogs and cats) do too...  so that argument doesn't really go anywhere with me.  I really don't want to see babies killed either...  BUT, I think every baby needs to be wanted and properly taken care of.  If that isn't possible then they are probably better off not being born.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I appreciate your comments.  As an aside, I truly hope that you change your mind about souls before you die...I'd rather see you in heaven.  As a further aside, not that I think that we should kill animals for no reason, but they do not have souls because they're not people.  

As for being wanted and properly taken care of, I agree that those things are of paramount importance.  Our little boy has no idea how good he has it.  I take pride in being his father, teaching him, and paying for his worldly needs.  It's my duty and privilege as his father.  Unfortunately, many skumbags lack this inherent wiring that makes me feel that I'd die a million times over for him if necessary.  But to kill a baby because he isn't loved or cared for...look at history.  Many important figures had the worst lot in life possible at first, but overcame the odds and made tremendous impacts on our society.  True, this isn't the norm, but it happens.  With this said, how are we to say that this baby dies or another dies because mom is dumb, corrupt, and poor?  Did we just kill a future president, general, scientist, philanthropist ect.?  The fact is that we do not know, and only God is qualified to "sort us out."
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Well, if people have earned their keep over the years then they shouldn't be a burden on society in their old age because they will have taken care of themselves.  If their family cares enough, then they will take care of the problem without having to sponge off the government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will take that as a yes.

so, gas chambers for the elderly?
or something better?

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

or something better?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

or something better?

Take it as you please, you were the one who brought up the elderly in the first place.  Other than charity or welfare, how else do you pay for elderly that didn't plan for the future and save for their retirement and don't have family to take care of them?  Is letting them freeze or starve on the streets more compassionate than gas chambers?  If you feel bad about old folks who can't take care of themselves you are free to give to charitable causes to take care of them.  The other option is for the government to rob from the young and take away money they could be saving for their retirement, which is mostly what we have now.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:54:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Take it as you please, you were the one who brought up the elderly in the first place.  Other than charity or welfare, how else do you pay for elderly that didn't plan for the future and save for their retirement and don't have family to take care of them?  Is letting them freeze or starve on the streets more compassionate than gas chambers?  If you feel bad about old folks who can't take care of themselves you are free to give to charitable causes to take care of them.  The other option is for the government to rob from the young and take away money they could be saving for their retirement, which is mostly what we have now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

or something better?

I am simply curious.

You do seem consistent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top