Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2014 12:47:04 PM EDT
OK, so I'm sure this is a pretty lousy question, because I don't know what I am asking for, but here goes...

I am in Houston (NW side) and need a recommendation on someone to do a custom coating on a upper/lower receiver.
The problem is, I don't know the exact color or pattern, but it needs to be orange (and another color, probably black, so that it doesn't look like junk).

I promised my wife I would build her a rifle, and it would be "pretty", so she wants it orange (not that gross vomit orange), but she does not like camo, tiger/zebra stripes, any of that (easy) stuff.
I have been looking around for a few different patterns, and I have found a few that I think could be done with a orange to black fade, then pattern tape over top, and then coat with black again...

Can anyone explain how these coatings go on, is that even possible, or do the coatings and patterns come pre-made? Can someone custom mix an orange that doesn't look like safety plastic orange?

My final problem is that the lower is a registered SBR lower... so I don't want to mess it up, and I would prefer to drop it off in person to avoid mailing it.

Does anyone have a good recommendation here in Houston?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/resource/locator/
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:17:38 PM EDT
[#2]
AMSS has a guy that does cerakote on the weekends. I would hit them up. DO NOT GO TO GRIPREDUCTIONS.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Locked & Loaded Firearms out of Seabrook does great work.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:06:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AMSS has a guy that does cerakote on the weekends. I would hit them up. DO NOT GO TO GRIPREDUCTIONS.
View Quote

Sent you an IM.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:56:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Ed Vandenberg has coated ARs and a couple social shotguns for me.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:59:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Will AMSS cerakote suppressors as well?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the suggestions.

Has anyone used Gulf Coast Firearms, Texas Custom Guns, or American Firearms Coatings?

Vanden Berg looks to do some pretty nice work, definitely an option I think.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Full Armor Firearms - I-10 and Kirkwood.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#9]
The guys at Dissident Arms work with AMSS and they do excellent work with Cerakote.
http://www.dissidentarms.com/
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I am REALLY fussy on quality of finish.

I use Jason Tumbleson of Tumbleson Arms in Humble.
His work is first class.
The latest thing he has done for me is the below, he did the gun in Cobalt and the Stock pieces black. Perfect factory looking finish.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:39:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am REALLY fussy on quality of finish.

I use Jason Tumbleson of Tumbleson Arms in Humble.

His work is first class.

The latest thing he has done for me is the below, he did the gun in Cobalt and the Stock pieces black. Perfect factory looking finish.

http://i57.tinypic.com/akg49l.jpg  
View Quote

What stock is that?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:06:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I also recommend Jason Tumbleson. Outstanding workmanship.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top