Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2014 6:01:50 AM EDT
I need to ship three pounds of powder to a benchrest shooter friend of mine in Arizona, but need a certified hazmat shipper to do so.
Does anyone here qualify, or know someone?
Thanks,
David

PM or email.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:39:13 AM EDT
[#1]
What? That's craziness. You can't send it UPS with an ORM-D sticker like the retailers do?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:24:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What? That's craziness. You can't send it UPS with an ORM-D sticker like the retailers do?
View Quote

For Flammable Solids you need a HazMat Cert. You'll notice a big ol' red Class 4: FLAMMABLE SOLIDS sticker on your powder orders.

ORM-D is just a designation for "Other Regulated Materials - DOMESTIC" which covers low hazard materials that pose limited risk for domestic ground shipping because of packing and form.

I do not know anyone here with HazMat shipping cert OP sorry. I use all my flammable solids!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:43:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Check with any reloading shops. There are a couple of companies that do that if you search on google. It's gonna be crazy expensive. I was gonna sell some primers to someone until I found out about the trouble to ship. If it was loaded into cartridges, you could ship with the orm-d small arms label I believe.

You might find a truck driver headed that way. Otherwise, I would say keep it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#4]
It will probably cost more than for him to just buy locally. Your other alternative is a road trip. Option 3 would be paying fuel and some boot for someone else to take a road trip. I've got the cert until this license expires but have retired from the road. I'd consider option 3 but I'm south of Houston. Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:32:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It will probably cost more than for him to just buy locally. Your other alternative is a road trip. Option 3 would be paying fuel and some boot for someone else to take a road trip. I've got the cert until this license expires but have retired from the road. I'd consider option 3 but I'm south of Houston. Good luck.
View Quote

This is a powder he can't get anywhere else.

A road trip to Arizona or a hotshot for three pounds of powder is not feasible.
I'll call a reloader, and see if they will do it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:36:19 PM EDT
[#6]
just load it into a 105mm shell with a plastic bullet and label it ORM-D sticker.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top