Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:36:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Be careful of feeding the deer, after a while they can get dangerous when trying to feed them
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#2]
if you find yourself on the southwest side of austin.....drop into boomerz nightclub.....little shit-kicker bar at the y in oak hill.
my wife is one of the bartenders.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:34:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My parents got the kids out here safe today.

They approve.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/lsimmons12345/image-1561.jpg
View Quote

You have it wrong man. You're in Texas...your kids aren't supposed to feed the deer....the deer are supposed to feed your kids.

Amirite?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You have it wrong man. You're in Texas...your kids aren't supposed to feed the deer....the deer are supposed to feed your kids.

Amirite?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My parents got the kids out here safe today.

They approve.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/lsimmons12345/image-1561.jpg

Amirite?

kid's just fattening the little bastard up for a couple more months...
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:00:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
OP, I think you mentioned that you and Mrs. NwG have been to Wimberley... If not, check out the little bars and shops there.

As for NB, I'm the type that hangs out at Billy's Ice House just across the Harley dealership, or at Bubba's Big Deck right on the river. Dirty inkys only.
View Quote

Jacobs well was busy yesterday. Could always check that out. The bar service isn't that great, and the shops are the little tourist trap antique shops full of mostly junk.

Billy's is nice, check when the spazmatics play next and go see them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
if you find yourself on the southwest side of austin.....drop into boomerz nightclub.....little shit-kicker bar at the y in oak hill.
View Quote

I've been there, which one is she?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the hot one
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

the hot one
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

the hot one

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:19:09 AM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

the hot one

http://i57.tinypic.com/2mi2rua.jpg

nope, she don't work there anymore...hasn't for a few months.
mine's the redhead.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:23:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
mine's the redhead.
View Quote

Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:30:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Congrats!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
mine's the redhead.

Congrats!

Thanks - she's a keeper for sure!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:14:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
mine's the redhead.

Congrats!

I will report back
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#13]
It appears we are going to need to start drinking...

We don't drink much, we can, just don't...

There just seems to be a large lack of non-drinking post 9pm things to do...

Mrs.InkyNwG has already asked if she can open a coffee shop.. I appised her with a $100 Kerig.. See how long that lasts.

On a moar exciting note, our LA house went back on the market yesterday..

3 offers received last night. One cash offer to close in under 28 days, sight unseen by the buyer.. H is flying from Park City UT today to see it..

The next few days could be busy.. Guess that is ok as our stuff will now be here Wednesday not today as scheduled..

Maybe I'll go have a drink.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:19:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It appears we are going to need to start drinking...

We don't drink much, we can, just don't...

There just seems to be a large lack of non-drinking post 9pm things to do...

Mrs.InkyNwG has already asked if she can open a coffee shop.. I appised her with a $100 Kerig.. See how long that lasts.

On a moar exciting note, our LA house went back on the market yesterday..

3 offers received last night. One cash offer to close in under 28 days, sight unseen by the buyer.. H is flying from Park City UT today to see it..

The next few days could be busy.. Guess that is ok as our stuff will now be here Wednesday not today as scheduled..

Maybe I'll go have a drink.
View Quote

+1
Ask for a Black Tooth Grin
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Good luck on the house sale.  Any luck on the job market?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:04:18 PM EDT
[#16]
any of you central Texas people have a link to a site that shows local property listings?  My wife and I would love to buy land in the hill country area and would love to live around the Wimberly Marble Falls areas.

OP, if you or your kids like Pizza, go to a little pizza place over on 32 at the corner of 32 and 12 called Brewsters Pizza.  Also, order the beer sampler....  Its north of 306, you can take Purgatory Rd from 306 to 32 and go right...
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:09:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Pie society in san marcos if you can get through the construction. My new favorite place.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
any of you central Texas people have a link to a site that shows local property listings?  My wife and I would love to buy land in the hill country area and would love to live around the Wimberly Marble Falls areas.

OP, if you or your kids like Pizza, go to a little pizza place over on 32 at the corner of 32 and 12 called Brewsters Pizza.  Also, order the beer sampler....  Its north of 306, you can take Purgatory Rd from 306 to 32 and go right...
View Quote

i enjoy browsing http://www.landsoftexas.com/texas/
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I could spend days on that site!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:49:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Right past the devils backbone going from Fischer to San Marcos. Scenic views of the Hill Country from there! Riley's is one of my watering holes there... Brewsters Pizza is great, try the "omnivore"
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Have been pretty surprised how well Mrs.InkyNwG has handled the bug situation...

Mostly a "don't ask, don't tell me" kind of thing... She just doesn't want to know what is out there..

Then she got attacked by what I can only describe as a longhorn cattle with wings last night..

Some a-hole bug with 6" "horns" for antennae... Thing took some killing.

Though me and the road-runners are now homies.. A pair of them came by a few minutes ago and finished off a paper wasp nest I knocked down yesterday.. Tuff little buggers the road-runners are.. And fast as shit when they are hungry.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#22]
This is Tom, Tom Sawyer. He says "welcome to Texas"

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Right past the devils backbone going from Fischer to San Marcos. Scenic views of the Hill Country from there! Riley's is one of my watering holes there... Brewsters Pizza is great, try the "omnivore"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My kids love riding the Devils Backbone....
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

That would be the one...

In fact, it could be the same one.. I'm pretty sure it wasn't all the way dead dispite my best attempts..

I stopped short of setting it on fire and shooting it with a 12ga... Guess I underestimated Tom's abilities..
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:39:22 PM EDT
[#25]
That 'lil 'ol beetle won't hurt ya!

Welcome to Texas!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That would be the one...

In fact, it could be the same one.. I'm pretty sure it wasn't all the way dead dispite my best attempts..

I stopped short of setting it on fire and shooting it with a 12ga... Guess I underestimated Tom's abilities..
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That would be the one...

just wait till you see the swarms of mosquito hunters flying around!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:36:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Have been pretty surprised how well Mrs.InkyNwG has handled the bug situation...

Mostly a "don't ask, don't tell me" kind of thing... She just doesn't want to know what is out there..

Then she got attacked by what I can only describe as a longhorn cattle with wings last night..

Some a-hole bug with 6" "horns" for antennae... Thing took some killing.

Though me and the road-runners are now homies.. A pair of them came by a few minutes ago and finished off a paper wasp nest I knocked down yesterday.. Tuff little buggers the road-runners are.. And fast as shit when they are hungry.
View Quote

I envisioned this in the Rooster Teeth Animated Adventure style.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That would be the one...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That would be the one...

Don't worry about Tom, he's a good guy. Just likes to munch on his trees, he can bite but hardly does. Even if he should, it ain't dangerous.

Have you met Buzzer Jr. the wasp yet? He lives just down the road and loves tarantulas. For dinner.... He's just like most of us Texas folks, heavily armed but not aggressive.

I'd worry about Larry the scorpion and his kinfolk. Nasty little basterds, sorta like the FSA of Texas. Freeloadin' and ain't good for nuffin'. Ya'll will learn to hate him and his family. Creepy ass critters... The sneak into your house, just waiting to sting ya!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Spraying deer with a hose...

Mildly entertaining..
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:54:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Don't worry about Tom, he's a good guy. Just likes to munch on his trees, he can bite but hardly does. Even if he should, it ain't dangerous.

Have you met Buzzer Jr. the wasp yet? He lives just down the road and loves tarantulas. For dinner.... He's just like most of us Texas folks, heavily armed but not aggressive.

http://www.bouldercitysocial.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/tarantulaHawk.jpg

I'd worry about Larry the scorpion and his kinfolk. Nasty little basterds, sorta like the FSA of Texas. Freeloadin' and ain't good for nuffin'. Ya'll will learn to hate him and his family. Creepy ass critters... The sneak into your house, just waiting to sting ya!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be the one...

http://www.bouldercitysocial.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/tarantulaHawk.jpg

If you have scorpions and live in a house with brick veneer there is something that will help keep them out. I don't remember the name of it but there is a product that resembles a copper cjhore boy pot scrubber. Tear some off and push it into the weep holes in your brick, and in any other openings you can find. It will keep them out.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#31]
How are you liking things so far ?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:45:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

We are growing ever more compatant with our decision.. Canyon lake / New Brunsfels is a pretty neat place..

While our driving distances to things is further, travel time is about the same as LA.  

So far we are very impressed with the local produce. Fruits and veggies are better than in CA.. That may not hold true in the winter, don't know, but so far we are very happy.. There is a small produce stand near the end of 2722 on the Canyon Lake end that we are very happy with. Whatever those Black Diamond watermelons are.. I approve.. They are not really available in CA and the heavy moar meaty texture is awesome!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:58:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

We are growing ever more compatant with our decision.. Canyon lake / New Brunsfels is a pretty neat place..

While our driving distances to things is further, travel time is about the same as LA.  

So far we are very impressed with the local produce. Fruits and veggies are better than in CA.. That may not hold true in the winter, don't know, but so far we are very happy.. There is a small produce stand near the end of 2722 on the Canyon Lake end that we are very happy with. Whatever those Black Diamond watermelons are.. I approve.. They are not really available in CA and the heavy moar meaty texture is awesome!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Black Diamonds are the bestest watermelon. Try a Ruby Red grapefruit. It's from the Rio Grande Valley and is also great.
A lot of produce, especially in winter, comes from Chile and Mexico, Florida and Cali. You won't have to do without.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:09:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If you have scorpions and live in a house with brick veneer there is something that will help keep them out. I don't remember the name of it but there is a product that resembles a copper cjhore boy pot scrubber. Tear some off and push it into the weep holes in your brick, and in any other openings you can find. It will keep them out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

We have a horse on the property, so I stay away from chemical stuff too. I sprinkle diatomaceous earth around the house (http://www.richsoil.com/diatomaceous-earth.jsp). Sounds funny, but it really works.

Quoted:

New BRAUNfels (brown rock), named after the Prince of Solms-Braunfels who sent the first German settlers to the Hill Country.

Damn you, I'm hungry for Texas watermelons now, and all I get here is the shit from Greece and Spain...
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:00:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Saying "I'm going fishing" and then actually being fishing in under 5 min is ....

Caught my first Texas catfish while posting this.. Little guy, sent him swimming to get bigger.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Saying "I'm going fishing" and then actually being fishing in under 5 min is ....

Caught my first Texas catfish while posting this.. Little guy, sent him swimming to get bigger.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/lsimmons12345/image-2093.jpg
View Quote

Hope you weren't noodling.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:34:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good on ya.

I've enjoyed your BOTD posts and welcome to Texas.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:45:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope..

But I'm going to have to figure out something.. I've been a spearfisherman for over 20 years and I like to be face to face with the fishes..

May look a little funny rolling down to the lake with a 6 foot long spear gun and 4 foot long fins...

I'm not even sure if that is legal here..
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:12:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Hey, dirty inkies...

Mrs.InkyNwG and I need new ink appliers.. She prefers girls, but quality is what matters.

From Austin to SA, anybody point us in the right direction?  

(Prison is out of the question.. Someone has to drive the girls to school... And it's soo hard to get out on e you're in..)

Speaking of prison.. Got pulled over by the local constable today.. I missed the reduced speed to 45 sign.. honestly it is hard to make sure you are driving fast enough out here..

Chatty fellow.. Never even asked to see ID / reg / ins.. Gave us a very informative talk about all we need to do to get our reg and DL squared away, explained what the 87 different flavors of police cars are.. Asked me to slow it down a bit and keep an eye on the signs. No ticket today. I liked him.

Lastly, where is the nearest, best gun store?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:08:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hey, dirty inkies...

Mrs.InkyNwG and I need new ink appliers.. She prefers girls, but quality is what matters.

From Austin to SA, anybody point us in the right direction? (Prison is out of the question.. Someone has to drive the girls to school... And it's soo hard to get out on e you're in..)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Hey, dirty inkies...

From Austin to SA, anybody point us in the right direction? (Prison is out of the question.. Someone has to drive the girls to school... And it's soo hard to get out on e you're in..)

http://riverrattattoos.com/

Speaking of prison.. Got pulled over by the local constable today.. I missed the reduced speed to 45 sign.. honestly it is hard to make sure you are driving fast enough out here..

Chatty fellow.. Never even asked to see ID / reg / ins.. Gave us a very informative talk about all we need to do to get our reg and DL squared away, explained what the 87 different flavors of police cars are.. Asked me to slow it down a bit and keep an eye on the signs. No ticket today. I liked him.

They are quite OK. Make sure you stay clear of the Bulverde PD.

http://www.gtdist.com/

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:24:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Nope..

But I'm going to have to figure out something.. I've been a spearfisherman for over 20 years and I like to be face to face with the fishes..

May look a little funny rolling down to the lake with a 6 foot long spear gun and 4 foot long fins...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope..

Spearfishing is legal in Texas, but not for game fish- no bass or catfish. Rough fish are good to go- gar, drum, carp, buffalo and perch if you really want to practice your aim.
It's been decades since I went diving and spearfishing, but I think you also can't use scuba gear but that might have just been a rule in the spearfishing contests we used to have.
Check the Texas Parks and Wildlife website to be sure.
Texas Parks and Wildlife. There is info on state parks as well as hunting and fishing regs.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hey, dirty inkies...

From Austin to SA, anybody point us in the right direction?  

(Prison is out of the question.. Someone has to drive the girls to school... And it's soo hard to get out on e you're in..)

View Quote

Hands down.......Southside Tattoo in Austin - 1313 S. Congress.  Go see Chris Gunn (Google his name and you will see why I recommend him).  I have been going to him for over 25 years and I very, very, very, VERY highly recommend him.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Hey anticlimactic weather....

The rainbow was pretty and enjoyed by the girls, but could you please chose a direction of travel..
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:06:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Hey anticlimactic weather....

The rainbow was pretty and enjoyed by the girls, but could you please chose a direction of travel..
View Quote

Ha Ha !
Welcome to Texas.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:43:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Well Texas, it was nice while it lasted..

Fail safes and now been disengaged, firing circuits are being charged and the end is near..

It's time to nuke my backyard from orbit.. It's the only way to be sure...

I first noticed that when you shine a bright light into the yard at night, it looks all sparkly.. Then the sparkles started moving.. Now I have a slightly unhealthy fear of spiders... Like I would beat DaFridge to use his body as a barrier from those leggy freaks..

So moving sparkles in my back yard means there is 12,000 spiders per sq/ft... And those are just the ones looking at me!!! Then, what looked like a standard garden spider who ate the friggin baby Jesus and the 3 wise men decided to take a stroll across the deck...  Tarantulas don't really buy me oddly, but this was not that.. This was bigger than my hand and moved with a quickness that seemed adequate of archiving 88mph and going back in time to fuck with me for eternity..

This was after a taradactal of a praying mantis attacked my face...

There may be a bright flash.. You may feel some heat.. But it will be all over quickly..
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:51:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Well Texas, it was nice while it lasted..

Fail safes and now been disengaged, firing circuits are being charged and the end is near..

It's time to nuke my backyard from orbit.. It's the only way to be sure...

I first noticed that when you shine a bright light into the yard at night, it looks all sparkly.. Then the sparkles started moving.. Now I have a slightly unhealthy fear of spiders... Like I would beat DaFridge to use his body as a barrier from those leggy freaks..

So moving sparkles in my back yard means there is 12,000 spiders per sq/ft... And those are just the ones looking at me!!! Then, what looked like a standard garden spider who ate the friggin baby Jesus and the 3 wise men decided to take a stroll across the deck...  Tarantulas don't really buy me oddly, but this was not that.. This was bigger than my hand and moved with a quickness that seemed adequate of archiving 88mph and going back in time to fuck with me for eternity..

This was after a taradactal of a praying mantis attacked my face...

There may be a bright flash.. You may feel some heat.. But it will be all over quickly..
View Quote

That's called country living.  Experience the fire ants yet?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:19:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Done the fire ant thing before.. Lived in Phoenix for a few years and got but by them a few times..

Thankfully they don't hit me too hard.. Not sure about the rest of the family.. Yet..

I've actually been pretty nice so far to the little fuzzy jumping spiders.. But that hand sized creepy freak can suk it..
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Things in Texas nature can be very big - Hippy Hollow comes to mind.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:50:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Things in Texas nature can be very big - Hippy Hollow comes to mind.
View Quote

We are ravers... Hanging out with nakid people, or 99% nakid people kind of goes with the territory..

Though I'd guess in average raver chicks are about 1,000 X hawter than what washes ashore at the hollow.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Hahaha, spiders. Yeah, I hate them too. Especially the 3 black widows I killed in the backyard within 5 minutes and the brown recluse I found in my shed next to my Harley.

Country living, gotta love it! Nothing dangerous or really poisonous/venomous over here, still I can't wait to get back to Texas...
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top