Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I like Texas people.. They are night people..  Most likely because it is still 103* at 9:00pm..

Not exactly clear how it happened, but after we got back from looking for a place yesterday and had some dinner we decided to look for something to do...

Fast forward a few hours and I'm lost in a field.. This is a problem as I am support to be surround by trees.. (And a whole bunch of pretty lights and thumping bass.. But I can't even hear that clearly anymore)..

Only light is my phone and I'm not sure how I got so turned around.. All I know is I'm about 25 miles outside Austin and in a dark field. Had to use my phone GPS and a Facebook like to find my way back to the party..

We enjoyed our time in the not so hot nighttime outside.. A lot.. Though we got eatin by bugs..

Headed back to Austin at sun-up.. Only been up for about an hour..

Weeeeee..
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:31:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully y'all can drive better than the cali folks that have invaded this area so far.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It gets better.. Not only is my wife a dirty inky with pink, purple and blue hair, she is also bisexual.
View Quote

So what are your FL names?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hopefully y'all can drive better than the cali folks that have invaded this area so far.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
It gets better.. Not only is my wife a dirty inky with pink, purple and blue hair, she is also bisexual.

Its funny.. The city we currently live in Torrance is ranked ont of the top 10 worst drivers in the country. (Huge Asian population)

I think they drive better then people out here.. At least they use their turn signal before the hit you..
And Austin traffic.. It never seems to be caused by anything other than people being terrible at changing lanes or merging..

Maybe it is all my homies from Ca that best us out here.. But many of these bad drivers seem to have stickers that say "GO BACK TO CALIFORNIA"

I am ready to slap my wife for telling every person we meet where we are from and our plans for moving..
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Its funny.. The city we currently live in Torrance is ranked ont of the top 10 worst drivers in the country. (Huge Asian population)

I think they drive better then people out here.. At least they use their turn signal before the hit you..
And Austin traffic.. It never seems to be caused by anything other than people being terrible at changing lanes or merging..

Maybe it is all my homies from Ca that best us out here.. But many of these bad drivers seem to have stickers that say "GO BACK TO CALIFORNIA"

I am ready to slap my wife for telling every person we meet where we are from and our plans for moving..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Texas drivers can't merge and love to tailgate. Better get accustomed to that. Whoever came up with the drive friendly it's  the Texas way crap needs a kick in the jimmy.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:42:34 AM EDT
[#5]
"It never seems to be caused by anything other than people being terrible at changing lanes or merging.. "
This is very true and aggravates me the most about the traffic. I've been in TX almost 19 years and like it here but people really suck at driving.
I work on the river, near congress.   Where are you staying?
I'm one of those who moved out of Austin to escape the crowd although im not under the impression that ive made it to the country. I got what I could afford on 1 acre in Manchaca and just made sure to avoid hoa.
Welcome.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:46:35 AM EDT
[#6]
We are off s congress at the extended stay next to hooters.. :)

Slept too long today.. Now I'm stuck in the hotel, Mrs.InkyNwG crashed out, and I fear going outside for a smoke sans bug spray after losing a pint of two to the skitos in the fields last night..

Going to have to build up an immunity to those fuckers..
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:46:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Double tap..
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:20:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Rental house secured 100%.. Schools checked out (nice place!) everything in order for us to move out next month...

Lots-O-stress over with.. Some more to come but for the better..

We will be living in a place off 2673 and Westhaven.. Looks nice, lake access 150' away..

Having some tacos on the east side waiting to fly hoom.. Thanks for the help so far everyone, we will be back soon!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:04:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Made it home safe.. It's 87* here and I'm freezing.

Won't be missing that at 9pm for a few weeks..

Inky invasion is well underway.. Look for the inky girl with bright purple / blue hair with a cat tattoo on each shoulder..  I roll a little more low key..
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:48:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Cool, close to Cranes Mills. Las Barcas Tex Mex just down the road from y'all isn't bad.

Now you just need to get a motorcycle and you can come and ride with me and the boyz.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:34:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Second and final POD 90% loaded.. Will finish in the morning.. POD ships out Saturday morning and the two of them will meet us at the rental house on Sunday of next week..

Mrs.InkyNwG, the 4 kittez and 1 dag head our for Texas on Tuesday or Wednesday.. Not sure if I'll marathon it in 1 1/2 days or spread it over 2-3 days.. Play it as it goes...

My parents fly the girls out on next Sunday.. They rented a cabin at Lakeview resort just around the corner from us for a week.. Them watching the kids while we drive out and set up the house basics will be more than helpful.. So will having a fully set up cabin a few minutes away to escape from house-O-boxes when we get fed up and done with dealing with it.. Looks like a beautiful place to stay..

Today was the day I was dreading.. Moving most everything from the house.. It's pretty much done now.. So am I for the night.. Hurting pretty good..

We are exhausted yet excited.. Ready to be out there and done..

Thank you guys for your continued help.. Couldn't have done it without you all.. While this place is a big retarded and disfunctional lot, there really is something special about it when it matter... It means a lot to us..

When we get settled we would like to invite the locals over for a thank you party / BBQ.. And then again when we buy our property and build our house..

I'm spent for the night.. Some mild narcotics are in order..

More updates and questions to come.. Sure there may be a request for help at some point down the line.. We are glad to lend a hand to any neighbors in need as well.. We take care of our own and give where and when we can..

Thanks again guys! We will see you in little over a week!

The NwG family.
Nate, Leana, Ava, Millie.... + Jack Bauer, Pew, Stinky, Baby Kitteh and Dash.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:42:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Welcome to Texas. Having a cabin nearby to stay in while setting up the house is a good idea, as is having the kids out from under foot.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 2:57:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Once you load up shit gets real, right? LOL

Ya'll have fun and be safe. Lakeview Resort is a nice place, I had extended family stay there when our house was full.

Enjoy the move and getting settled in.

We'll be home for x-mas so we might see you guys somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:07:55 AM EDT
[#14]
T- 48:00:00 until we hop in the car and tell California to kiss our ass...

Has been the busiest week of my life..

Due to our HOA giving us one last "hey, fuck you buddy!" Thursday and Friday morning consisted of moving all the remaining things from our home to my parents house and into a POD..  Ouch..

Friday afternoon I went in for full mouf dental implants.. Now has 8x 1" long Ti bolts in my face.. Ouch..

Saturday was my dad's 70th birthday and party and the PODS left for TX.. Not even 24 hours out of bone grinding, face bolting fun and I have to entertain 28 of our closest family and friends.. It was awesome actually.. Just a big table in the back yard and a fantastic multi corse Italian meal (dad is from Italy) that lasted 4'ish hours.. Dispite the pain I managed to eat... Thankfully there was a homemade rocctta cheese and roasted tomatoes and bell peppers I would have traded a kid for..

Sunday we moved the kids over to a extended stay type hotel with the animals so we could start the final cleaning of the house before we leave and it goes on the market again..

More of the same today.. Mrs.InkyNwG spend all day doing the "change over" calls.. Utilities, cable, Internet and all that stuff shut off or turned on, new accounts and the hassle of trying to cancel service.. Opening and closing bank accounts..

We head out Wednesday night / Thursday morning.. Leave LA in the middle of the night and get into AZ by sunup..

It's happening..
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:59:16 PM EDT
[#15]
T - 32:00:00...

House is 99.9% empty.. Only the stuff going in the car with us tomorrow..

I'm broken..
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Well, come on. We turned the heat on for ya.

Have a safe trip, and again, Welcome to Texas.

BTW- no beans!
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
T - 32:00:00...

House is 99.9% empty.. Only the stuff going in the car with us tomorrow..

I'm broken..
View Quote

Make sure you wave at all us ARFCOMMERS at the border during the parade !
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:11:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Actually I'm a little jealous.... I have to wait until 19DEC for my flight back home, MUC-IAH-SAT.

Anyways, have a safe drive ya'll, and welcome to Texas!
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Actually I'm a little jealous.... I have to wait until 19DEC for my flight back home, MUC-IAH-SAT.

Anyways, have a safe drive ya'll, and welcome to Texas! http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr301/300Acera/TexasSmiley.gif
View Quote

Go drink some beer and you will feel better. We saved your spot here so don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Go drink some beer and you will feel better. We saved your spot here so don't worry about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyways, have a safe drive ya'll, and welcome to Texas! http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr301/300Acera/TexasSmiley.gif

Thanks, I appreciate it! I'll have a couple of beers for ya'll!
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#21]
welcome to Texas
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#22]
T - 14 hours...

Thanks for the welcome, we should be into Texas on Friday..
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:25:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
T - 14 hours...

View Quote

Fuck you OP !
I've been standing here waving at all the people with Cali. plates passing by for 4 hours.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:13:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Fuck you OP !
I've been standing here waving at all the people with Cali. plates passing by for 4 hours.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
T - 14 hours...

Fuck you OP !

Knowing people from out here, they all most likely think you are taunting them.. Thee old "welcome! We gonna murder you good!"

They have pretty active imaginations out here...
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Knowing people from out here, they all most likely think you are taunting them.. Thee old "welcome! We gonna murder you good!"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
T - 14 hours...

Fuck you OP !

Here is a tip.
Start calling people from Cal. the people out there.
Here is Texas.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:41:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Fuck you OP !

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
T - 14 hours...

Fuck you OP !

Waving? The friendly Texas wave? This is how we say "Welcome to Texas"!  LOL

OP, drive safe!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:45:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Leaving in the next 20-30 min...

Pretty impressed at how close to our set time to leave we got.. Today was a friggin crazy one..

In about 6-7 hours, California will be behind us...

I R excited..
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:26:29 AM EDT
[#28]
In Arazona now...

<-------- has officially changed tag..
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:06:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Ima like yo new tag...

Watch out for dem roadrunners and armadillos!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:57:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Well?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Ima like yo new tag...

Watch out for dem roadrunners and armadillos!
View Quote

And deer
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:21:39 AM EDT
[#32]
In Boerne.. Be at the house in about an hour.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#33]
We has arrived..

No power.. That was supposed to be on.. Checked all the breakers.. It has yet to be turned on.. Oh well.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Glad you and your family made it safely without any issues!  Welcome to Texas!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Did you get the power on?
Who is your provider?

Welcome home!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:35:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We has arrived..

No power.. That was supposed to be on.. Checked all the breakers.. It has yet to be turned on.. Oh well.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/lsimmons12345/image-1659.jpg
View Quote

Nice view!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Power on, AC units blasting, gate openers picked up, bunch of other small stuff done today.

Our stuff doesn't show up until Monday.. So Mrs.InkyNwG and I are having a pile-o-blankets in the middle of the floor party..

No TV or Internet yet (posting from my phone.. ) so it's bad DVD movie night..

Don't have a ton to do before Sunday when my parents show up with the kids. Thankfully they rented a cabin about 1/2 mile away.

The kittez are very concerned they are no longer anywhere near the top of the food chain..

Jack is still a little traumatized after seeing his first deer..
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#38]
School start Monday?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
School start Monday?
View Quote

We are going to give them the first week off..

We tried hard to get out earlier so they wouldn't miss any.. Didn't work out.. Arriving on Sunday and starting school the next day was a little too much we figured.

So they will start next week.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 3:18:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Glad ya'll made! Again, welcome to Canyon Lake!
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 3:47:18 AM EDT
[#41]
         Howd'y'do!

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:34:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Welcome!
Be sure to check out the Buc-ee's at the 191 exit (Canyon Lake) off I-35.
If you head north on the interstate, Cabela's is around the 220 mile marker.
And we have monthly dinners in Austin on the 2nd Tuesday Saturday of each month.

ETA: Saturday, not Tuesday. That's what I get for trying to dash off a message two minutes before I leave for work.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Welcome!
Be sure to check out the Buc-ee's at the 191 exit (Canyon Lake) off I-35.
If you head north on the interstate, Cabela's is around the 220 mile marker.
And we have monthly dinners in Austin on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.
View Quote

The beef jerky at Buc-ee's is awesome...
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#44]
go find Granzines Meat market, behind the Ford Dealer in NB; you'll be buying all
your meat there,,

we pick up a # 7 or 8 package every time we visit my sister, who lives in the hood
behind there.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
go find Granzines Meat market, behind the Ford Dealer in NB; you'll be buying all
your meat there,,

we pick up a # 7 or 8 package every time we visit my sister, who lives in the hood
behind there.
View Quote

It's Granzin's, right behind Bluebonnet Ford in I-35 northbound.

Granzin's

And yes, the have great meats!
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Also, the tips about where to shop, eat and all that are very helpful.. We spent all day pretty much driving around just figuring out where things are..

Now we have an idea where things are we just need to find out what is good and what sucks..

If you know the area, all tips are welcome! We need good places to be loyal customers too!
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#47]
If you want to check out a place to shoot I am a member at Austin rifle club, you are welcome to come with me one day and check it out.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:55:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Since you and family are going to be hanging around a week before your girls school starts, take them to schlitterbahn before it closes for the season.  Gristmill in Gruene is a nice place for the tourists to go so your parents might like the casual environment.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#49]
OP, I think you mentioned that you and Mrs. NwG have been to Wimberley... If not, check out the little bars and shops there.

As for NB, I'm the type that hangs out at Billy's Ice House just across the Harley dealership, or at Bubba's Big Deck right on the river. Dirty inkys only.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:45:34 PM EDT
[#50]
My parents got the kids out here safe today.

They approve.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top