BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 7:31:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So, where is the store? Is it literally on the other side of the world?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So, where is the store? Is it literally on the other side of the world?

If you are from the Houston area you should know what I mean.  2 things . . people normally buy form the store that are within a few miles of their homes.  This is true for the vast majority.  Guns over Texas  . .The gun store . . is on Beltway 8 between 290 and 249 on the NW side of town.  Its competitors:  Spectre, Shiloh, AMSS, spring guns and ammo, tomball pawn, northwest pawn, Cypress Armory is in that group . . .  Testicle firearms is way out I-10 on the west side of town in Katy.  Its competitors are AJC sports, Fountain firearms, Athena, Xtreme guns and ammo and a few others.  yes, that's the other side of the workd in Houston customer terms.  They really do not compete with each other directly.  

I don't like How Alcede treated us regarding online ammo sales, I've only bought one rifle from the store and have no other opinion on the matter. He obviously has big dreams and no business sense whatsoever. I can't purchase a damn thing on a company PO without accounting wanting to know details, how did his employees get away with over purchasing for so long?

yeah . . . those are the tough questions that Fox would dare delve into.  it might show their poster boy in a bad light.  The one thing that the alcede's want to avoid is someone reframing this spin job from an anti bank, anti obomber story into a business practices and investor relationship story.  

Sounds like Mr. 30% didn't have a fuckin clue either, to let it get all the way to bankruptcy.

actually, Mr. 30% is damned smart.  The only way he gets out from under the personal guarantees on that loan and the other loans . . .  and out of bed with the Alcede faction is to get the loan foreclosed on and into Bankruptcy court.

And I'm sure Mr. Alcede has the funds to buy the BAE plant. For those that don't know, it was big when S&S had it. BAE only made it bigger. I can't imagine you could touch the property alone for under 50 million.

I really wish that store was run and staffed by competent people. We need a good shop around.  

God Bless the Alcede faction if they can pull this off and make this happen.  Its good to have big dreams especially when your life's work is burning down around you due to actions that you have engaged in.  Like I said, I am keeping the Alcedes in my prayers because I wouldn't wish this on anyone, . . even them  . . . after that crap that he and his minions have pulled with me over the past few years.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Bit of clarification from the TF group on FB.

Reporter Fox 26 yesterday: Additionally, the last time TF was in touch with Gov. Perry's office was yesterday when Perry's office called them to schedule a meeting.

TacticalFirearms posting today all I know is a state representative said another representative and congressman said they wanted to know if I would be available next week to meet with the governor and others to discuss our plans to open our ammo plant. Why would I put this out to the nation if it were not true. If the governor is aware as of yet, I don't know but it doesn't look like it by her post. I am just doing as I am asked. I never said the governor was supporting us either as some have claimed. I will keep everyone posted on what is taking place and thank you all for your continued support!

And from a post on the Fox 26 page of Facebook, NOT FROM THE NEWS SOURCE. 3pm

You can consider the below information an official response from the Governor’s office.

Neither the Governor nor anyone from his staff has scheduled a meeting with Mr. Alcede.

The Governor’s office has not endorsed Mr. Alcede’s business plan because it hasn’t reviewed it.

The Governor’s office is not working with Mr. Alcede and wasn’t made aware of any plans for an ammunition manufacturing company.

Travis Considine Deputy Press Secretary, Office of the Governor

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 6:38:01 PM EDT
[#3]
This article states that Alcede said he "has the support of Governor Rick Perry."

I'm not going to sit through the videos to see if he actually said that.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

This article states that Alcede said he "has the support of Governor Rick Perry."

View Quote

1:35 in

Alcede "that's what we're meeting with the Governor For"

Reporter: "Ah ah!"

Reporter: "That' governors meeting is coming next week right?"

Alcede nodding his head "Yes mam."

2:10

Reporter: "ya, meeting with the Governor AND other top legislator leaders from Texas that's all next week from TacticalFirearms.

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Reporter: "ya, meeting with the Governor AND other top legislator leaders from Texas that's all next week from TacticalFirearms.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So its that Fox screwed up the article, not that he lied to them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Alcede indicated he was going to see the Gov when asked by the reporter.  We know that is not true and he didn't correct her.

Reporter was either mislead by or misunderstood Alcede when she came into the interview and wrote the article and further stated the ammo plant had the Gov's support or his offices and that there was a meeting there next week.

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

No.  The alcede faction was at work.  Where is that old song . . .dont believe the hype?
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#8]
WooHoo B!otches!

$2,050 Dolla's Down!  
$6,497,950 To Go!!

What is more stunning... He has 35 people who gave him money.

Link Posted: 7/3/2014 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I've supported numerous kickstarter projects, and the common thread through them all has been that I get something in return for my investment. I don't mind backing things that wouldn't come to be without support, but I'll be damned if anyone is going to get a free lunch on my dime if I have any say over it.

Thus, the entire premise of this gofundme project just pisses me off to no end. Whether the "boo hoo, everyone's conspiring against me" story, or the "this guy's nuttier than squirrel shit" story is true is immaterial. This dude wants people to hand him $6.5 mil. People in hell want ice water...

Give me a bumper sticker, a hat, a t-shirt, lifetime use of the range, a cut of the profits or a ZJ (if you have to ask, you can't afford it) for my money, but don't every come around, hat in hand, asking me for a metric ass ton of money to get you out of trouble, regardless of whose fault it is, and offer me nothing in return like some spoiled fucking child with "affluenza" or some bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 2:01:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've supported numerous kickstarter projects, and the common thread through them all has been that I get something in return for my investment. I don't mind backing things that wouldn't come to be without support, but I'll be damned if anyone is going to get a free lunch on my dime if I have any say over it.

Thus, the entire premise of this gofundme project just pisses me off to no end. Whether the "boo hoo, everyone's conspiring against me" story, or the "this guy's nuttier than squirrel shit" story is true is immaterial. This dude wants people to hand him $6.5 mil. People in hell want ice water...

Give me a bumper sticker, a hat, a t-shirt, lifetime use of the range, a cut of the profits or a ZJ (if you have to ask, you can't afford it) for my money, but don't every come around, hat in hand, asking me for a metric ass ton of money to get you out of trouble, regardless of whose fault it is, and offer me nothing in return like some spoiled fucking child with "affluenza" or some bullshit.
View Quote

I wouldn't be cool with a ZJ from the same people asking for the assload of money.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

For the love of God, someone make this man president!  F ing A!  +1
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sheeeeeit! I'd run for any office that I qualified for, but I'm basically unelectable. I'm too fiscally conservative for the democrats and too socially liberal for the republicans. This country (IMO) needs true libertarians, but will almost invariably fail to elect one because people get too hung up on pet issues. My chief value is that everyone has the inalienable right to be left the fuck alone, but few people truly want that.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 5:14:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sheeeeeit! I'd run for any office that I qualified for, but I'm basically unelectable. I'm too fiscally conservative for the democrats and too socially liberal for the republicans. This country (IMO) needs true libertarians, but will almost invariably fail to elect one because people get too hung up on pet issues. My chief value is that everyone has the inalienable right to be left the fuck alone, but few people truly want that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Left alone? Are you kidding?  There are terrorists hiding under every rock...if you aren't doing anything wrong, you shouldn't worry about the NSA spying on you.... You mean that mentality?

As another dyed in the wool libertarian, well said.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 6:27:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
<snip>
View Quote

I only disagree with the last sentence.

I think people do want to be left alone,
The problem is,

too many want to be left alone, but don't want to leave the rest of us alone.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 6:46:45 AM EDT
[#15]
interesting... just found this out and i live like 10 miles away. only been there twice and i have to say its a nice place but little rich for my blood. normally i go to the out door ranges that are cheaper.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The problem is,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>

The problem is,

Yeah, you worded it more accurately.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
WooHoo B!otches!

$2,050 Dolla's Down!  
$6,497,950 To Go!!

What is more stunning... He has 35 people who gave him money.

http://www.webtoaster.com/images/Alcede.jpg
View Quote

How many employees does he have? Hmmm....
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#18]
That store has been nothing but good to my wife when she has been in there to buy me a few things.  That said, fuck that place.  Alcede wants to ban online ammo sales....fuck that retard.  Invite Piers Morgan down to his shop and dress his employees like Mercs with gear and guns to stand around in the parking lot and control the "GROWING MOB" of a dozen people who hate Piers Morgan that showed up.  

Sorry your dream is going down in flames but you picked your business partners and now you want the community to bail you out?  Maybe you should go take an Econ101 class and learn how to budget your money and not be an asshat to piss off people who exercise their 2A rights in Katy and the surrounding area.  Douche.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Anything new?

About that meeting with the .gov?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anything new?

About that meeting with the .gov?
View Quote

He posted on facebook that he is not buying the BAE plant.  Nothing about the meeting with the gov.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Well we knew he wasn't buying the bae plant . . Even before he knew it
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#22]
The way he says it-the BAE plant is not "suitable" and he is going to build a new building.  Its not that he can't afford it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:16:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The way he says it-the BAE plant is not "suitable" and he is going to build a new building.  Its not that he can't afford it.
View Quote

So . . It's been suitable for the past year or so and for the Fox News sob story piece . .  .and for the meeting that was scheduled with the governor . . . But now it's not suitable?  

Lol.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:00:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Word at the range is he has a secret meeting set up with Mayor McCheese about building a factory in McDonaldland some time this week. I imagine he'll lean heavy on Grimace to use his political influence to get it through but Officer Big Mac Is anti 2nd amendment so he might put up a fight. If word gets out and some of that Bloomberg money starts getting thrown around no telling how this will end.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Word at the range is he has a secret meeting set up with Mayor McCheese about building a factory in McDonaldland some time this week. I imagine he'll lean heavy on Grimace to use his political influence to get it through but Officer Big Mac Is anti 2nd amendment so he might put up a fight. If word gets out and some of that Bloomberg money starts getting thrown around no telling how this will end.
View Quote

What does the Burger King have to say about it?
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#26]
They announced a chapter 11 blowout sale.  Stripped lowers for $100.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Lol
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I laughed so hard, I shat a hot apple pie
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Stopped by there yesterday to have a look-see.  Not nearly as much inventory as they previously had, but the doors were still open.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Stopped by there yesterday to have a look-see.  Not nearly as much inventory as they previously had, but the doors were still open.
View Quote

If their inventory is down below what it has been the last several months, then it must be SLIM pickings.

The $100 stripped lower blowout sale just sums up everything quite nicely....
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 12:14:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Hate to see anyone in the industry go down, but I would have to say they were the most deserving of it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Andrea Watkins finally followed up on her facebook page. Phil Stephenson is the representative arranging the meeting.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I went by there this past Friday.  Not a lot on the shelves. I've been wanting to rent a P238 to try out but they haven't had .380 in months.  Finally took my own ammo and they let me use it so I could try out the pistol.   Still had a bunch of people working behind the counter.  Seems like they are trying to stay open but don't see how they are going to do it if they don't at least get in some ammo soon.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:36:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They announced a chapter 11 blowout sale.  Stripped lowers for $100.
View Quote

Any discount for cash????    
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top