Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/21/2014 12:25:57 PM EDT
Anyone seen this or know anything more about it?

http://tacticalfirearms.us/

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#1]
That's sad.  It's unfortunate.

I wonder why that partner is pulling out if the business is so great and Jeremy is such a great guy to be in business with?

Personal opinions aside and ignoring Jeremy's past actions . . . .

This is bad if the bank is refusing to renew Solely because it's a firearms business.  

I doubt that's the case though.  At least I doubt it's the sole reason.

And don't forget . . . This is the guy that got on the radio and said that online ammo sales should be banned.

Then got on TV and became piers Morgan's Sock Puppet.

Anyway. I hate even someone like this to fail simply because of Obama's anti gun agenda.

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]
And by the way . . . . This type of loan is not abnormal and everyone knows the potential consequence when entering into the loan.

The business must refi or face foreclosure.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 4:08:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And don't forget . . . This is the guy that got on the radio and said that online ammo sales should be banned.

Then got on TV and became piers Morgan's Sock Puppet.

View Quote

Could that be the catalyst behind his business problems?
A lot of gun owners don't approve of his past anti-gun comments.

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 6:38:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I have never done business with them but I have heard of these guys on the news lately with some outspoken comments about FBHO.  Can someone ellaborate more on their past comments about online ammo?  If they spoke out against it they deserve no help.  

Edit to reserve judgement until I read more.  

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:12:12 AM EDT
[#6]
History repeats itself.....Tories
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#7]
After the Piers incident, I stopped all business with these toads.  Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:05:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
After the Piers incident, I stopped all business with these toads.  Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
View Quote

+87
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks like they have made their bed to sleep in.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#10]
They started a gofundme site. Looks like they are trying to raise 6.5 million??? They are just a wee bit off having only $890 in donations so far. I was in there about a month ago looking around and their inventory is pretty lacking.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#11]
After everything I've read, and seen in the store. I just think it's a big show as usual
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Please note that the contact information for the lawyer is incorrect.  I work for him and it is not the same person.  It is causing hell with our email servers...  Can't wait till Monday and see what the phones are like...

Edit to say the I work for the person that is misidentified.  This can be verified by looking at the icon bank board of directors list and checking the state bar website.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like they need to read Dave Ramsey's book/s.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Please note that the contact information for the lawyer is incorrect.  I work for him and it is not the same person.  It is causing hell with our email servers...  Can't wait till Monday and see what the phones are like...

Edit to say the I work for the person that is misidentified.  This can be verified by looking at the icon bank board of directors list and checking the state bar website.
View Quote

And there ya go . . . . . Major investor leaving a profitable gun range/shop . . . .  Mis identifying one of the principles in one of the multiple conspiracy theories being used to explain the financial downfall . . . . . . . Starting a gofundme account to raise 6.5mil.  Yep . . . . This will end well . . . . Where are his minions that were spamming the websites talking about how their free trusts put me out of business?

Anyway . . . . I don't even wish this on this turkey . . . . Karmas a bitch and I hate to see anyone loose their life's dream . . . .
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 11:16:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

They can go fuck themselves.

A conspiracy that forced their employees to overspend and dive into debt?

Really? so no one bothered to check the fucking books? Ever?

Link Posted: 6/23/2014 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Typical Liberal. "We're doing all this for the community. Others are plotting against us." etc

Karma's a bitch.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#17]
They have now corrected the information.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/23/2014 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

But it is still listed incorrectly here.  There page now says this:

Mark Evans, Board of Directors Icon Bank and Managing Partner of O’Connor, Craig, Gould & Evans, [email protected], (713) 266-3311

Someone should ask the OP to delete your employer's information above.  There is no telling how many hundreds or thousands of people have repeated and forwarded the incorrect information.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 11:39:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Any details about their past? I have a friend who wants me to go with him to check them out. It's a long way from north of Ft. Worth to Katy though, and I need excuses
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 4:46:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Any details about their past? I have a friend who wants me to go with him to check them out. It's a long way from north of Ft. Worth to Katy though, and I need excuses
View Quote

If you drive all the way down here to go to Tactical Firearms, I will meet you there so I can slap you on the backside of your head.

Jeremy Alcede, owner of Tactical Firearms, is a worthless POS that supported the ban of online ammo sales. While it's unfortunate that he may lose his business because of the bank's anti-gun sentiments, I will be glad to see him go.

Remember, this is the shop that put up messages on his billboard like, "We like our guns like Obama likes his voters: Unregistered." It often made national news. What did he think would happen?
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 6:00:19 AM EDT
[#21]
So bank records he has and can get online only go back 3 months?????  

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/clip/10295653/tactical-firearms-hw

His Facebook page.

Tactical Firearms Let me say this again I HAVE NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT! They asked for proof and online records only go back 3 months. I do not lie and questioning my integrity pisses me off. IT'S A DIRECT DRAFT SO WE DINT HAVE CANCELED CHECKS AS PROOF. Rest assured the truth will come out.

Link Posted: 6/24/2014 7:53:10 AM EDT
[#22]
There are many reasons and you guys need to becareful of what is said because he will sue.  Anyone who is in the industry down here isn't surprised. The bank is not the reason he's shutting down
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

... The bank is not the reason he's shutting down
View Quote

Why is he shutting down?

Link Posted: 6/24/2014 1:37:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Why is he shutting down?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

... The bank is not the reason he's shutting down

Why is he shutting down?

This
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#25]
In addition to the website, he emailed everyone and heir mother with the incorrect info.

Now, he says he has never missed a payment, maybe so mYbe not. It does seem really tough to square when he says he has put great effort into cutting "their unpaid bills by half" due to the mysterious conspiracy to overspend plus hypnotize him into being unable to check his books.

It's a whole lotta meh. I have unpaid bills due to the conspiracy - we've never missed a payment.  Whatever...some people seem  like magnets for drama.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#26]
A gun store going out of business in this political climate? Some people would starve to death in a grocery store.

Link Posted: 6/25/2014 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Some interesting reading in the lawsuits involving jeremy and his wife.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 4:37:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Fear is used as a tactic regularly and after the most recent scare with the UN Treaty, I must admit that I felt threatened. Threatened that they would sign something into law that banned firearms and this ammo deal seemed like an easy compromise. Here, have the ammo deal but keep your eyes off of my guns.
View Quote

An easy compromise? Why in the holy fuck do you want to compromise with the gun haters? And why let them ban the ammo - but you can keep the gun? Guns and ammo are not mutually exclusive - they are vital inter-related components. Either item is useless without the other. Ban the ammo - and you'll have a steel club. Ban the rifle - and you'll have brass chiclets.

If he can't see that and also doesn't understand how laws are passed, then he should get out of the firearms game, especially Class III stuff. His sophomoric lack of knowledge is liable to fuck something up that will land him - or worse - a customer in jail.

What a dimwit. He deserves everything that he gets.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you have a direct link by any chance? It is referenced at the end of this story: http://www.khou.com/news/local/Katy-gun-store-facing-foreclosure-struggles-to-stay-open-264517091.html

"People know my heart"
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Looking forward to July. Is it July yet?

This makes two monkeys he's choked
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Is there a liquidation sale yet?
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Just took my dad there this past saturday to get him shooting, place was empty.  The store was empty compared to what I've seen in the past.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 11:28:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just took my dad there this past saturday to get him shooting, place was empty.  The store was empty compared to what I've seen in the past.
View Quote

It's been really empty for a while. They haven't had any ammo in months, and the gun selection was slim. 6 months ago I inquired about buying a glock because the prices were great, and I had no idea about all of the drama. The model I wanted was not in stock, and the salesman couldn't be bothered to check when one was coming in...twice.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 6:34:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
A gun store going out of business in this political climate? Some people would starve to death in a grocery store.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t175/one338winmag/cowbot_zps82bc060e.jpg
View Quote

Actually, the gun business is rough right now.  Distributors and dealers are sitting on alot of inventory and sales are slow.  The rifle market is reaching a saturation point, almost everyone who wanted to buy a rifle already has.  I have to ask, I don't get the connection between this and a photo of a guy holding a can of pepper spray?
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 6:53:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Actually, the gun business is rough right now.  Distributors and dealers are sitting on alot of inventory and sales are slow.  The rifle market is reaching a saturation point, almost everyone who wanted to buy a rifle already has.  I have to ask, I don't get the connection between this and a photo of a guy holding a can of pepper spray?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t175/one338winmag/cowbot_zps82bc060e.jpg

When Piss Moron did his show there this is one of the guys that worked at the store and provided private security for the store.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Do you have a direct link by any chance? It is referenced at the end of this story: http://www.khou.com/news/local/Katy-gun-store-facing-foreclosure-struggles-to-stay-open-264517091.html

"People know my heart"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"People know my heart"

Here are some pleadings in the lawsuit. I haven't read them all, but just today, the court entered an order appointing a receiver to take over Tactical Firearms from Alcede, in response to Alcede apparently failing to comply with an earlier temporary injunction.

Wilson's petition against Alcede (note that of course a petition will be only one side of the story, and not everything in it may be true)

Wilson's application for a temporary injunction (spells out the reasons why)

Order granting a temporary injunction (apparently, the judge found the application for a temporary injunction credible and granted it)

Order appointing a receiver to take over Tactical Firearms (apparently the Alcedes were not complying with the temporary injunction, so Wilson went back to the court and got this order appointing a receiver)

This is the URL for the case on the district clerk's website. The case is Wilson v. Alcede, Cause no. 2013-68459, Harris County 151st District Court. Note, however, that these URLs may change (but you can always search by the cause number) and that you have to have a login to view the files.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Here are some pleadings in the lawsuit. I haven't read them all, but just today, the court entered an order appointing a receiver to take over Tactical Firearms from Alcede, in response to Alcede apparently failing to comply with an earlier temporary injunction.

Wilson's petition against Alcede (note that of course a petition will be only one side of the story, and not everything in it may be true)

Order granting a temporary injunction (apparently, the judge found the application for a temporary injunction credible and granted it)

Order appointing a receiver to take over Tactical Firearms (apparently the Alcedes were not complying with the temporary injunction, so Wilson went back to the court and got this order appointing a receiver)

This is the URL for the case on the district clerk's website. The case is Wilson v. Alcede, Cause no. 2013-68459, Harris County 151st District Court. Note, however, that these URLs may change (but you can always search by the cause number) and that you have to have a login to view the files.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"People know my heart"

A big thank you for the links.  100% true or not, this version does not require one to suspend reality in order to believe the account and has much more of the ring of truth IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"People know my heart"

Hokey smoke, Bullwinkle....
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 5:28:53 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm sorry, but who posts all of their internal business all over their website?  That's got to be one of the weirdest & dumbest things I have ever seen.  

I hate to see anyone go out of business, but I also don't need, or give a fuck about, the backstory.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Anyone seen the foreclosure petition?
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Anyone seen the foreclosure petition?
View Quote

The notice of foreclosure and cover letter is attached to one of the pleadings (motion for appointment of receiver, I think) but I didn't want to include it because it had home addresses (though of course by now it's a public record by being filed).
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#42]
That order of receivership means that Jeremy doesn't have access or control over his gun store and range.

Ouch!
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm sorry, but who posts all of their internal business all over their website?  That's got to be one of the weirdest & dumbest things I have ever seen.  

I hate to see anyone go out of business,....
View Quote

I disagree. There are certain people who deserve to go out of business. In this case, I won't shed a tear drop, if this guy does.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Sean- did you see where tactical firearm's attorney for the savage range system lawsuit filed a motion to be released due to concerns about getting paid by Tactical? How common is that?
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That order of receivership means that Jeremy doesn't have access or control over his gun store and range.

Ouch!
View Quote

And it's all up for grabs circa 10AM on 1 July.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Sean- did you see where tactical firearm's attorney for the savage range system lawsuit filed a motion to be released due to concerns about getting paid by Tactical? How common is that?
View Quote

It's very common when the money runs out and the legal bills aren't being paid.  

Basically it's a sign.    Like these other signs:

Like your 30% partner who invested $3mill of hard cash into the LLC suing you. . . .

Like your 30% partner who invested $3mill of hard cash into the LLC refusing to sign a loan . . .

Like your 30% partner who invested $3mill of hard cash into the LLC getting off the personal guarantee bus on the business loan  . .  . . .  Assuming there are personal guarantees . . . Which there generally are . . . . . Right when the market will almost guarantee that the loan is satisfied . . . .

Like the judge in the court that is hearing your 30% partner who invested $3mill of hard cash into the LLC's lawsuit against you and your ex wife for fraud, conversion and general douchebaggery signing an order placing your business into a receivership and locking you out of every aspect of the business.

Like you not paying the $19k in Harris county property taxes.  

Like you suing your ex wife for fraud and conversion while you are divorcing her and then find the bring her back to run the finances of the business hd accused her of essentially stealing from?  

Like screwing a .45 auto into a beer truck drivers chest in your parking lot and getting no billed . . . .  Yep there's a story there . . . . . .  I'll have to see if I have a copy of that offense report.  

Like getting sued for not paying your contractor who built the range.

Yep these are what we call signs in my world.  

But hey . . . What do I know . . . . I'm the guy that according to Jeremy and his minions on this and other forums . . . . That was put out out of  the gun trust business years ago by their free trusts . . . .

But . . I guess it's all Obama-Wilson's -Evans - icon banks fault.  

Frankly. Karma being the bitch it is, I'm saying a prayer for Jeremy.  I don't  even wish this on him.   It's his life's dream . . . And if the allegations are true, he and his wife screwed it up.   He has kids and those children are going to suffer for the sins of their parents and that sucks.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 3:54:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch!

I'm guessing the receiver will try to work something out with the bank ASAP to get it to pass the foreclosure for a month or two. The bank may agree, now that the business is no longer in the hands of Alcede.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 5:02:39 AM EDT
[#48]
I wonder if they'll let him keep management of the sign in the front after he looses everything else................................
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#49]
I wonder if icon bank delays foreclosure with the receiver taking charge.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 3:14:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I wonder if icon bank delays foreclosure with the receiver taking charge.
View Quote

It should be interesting to see if the bank does grant a month or two postponement. I can't imagine if so that the shop's inventory will be improved (and in reality likely even worsened.

Given the speed, I'm wondering if the bank just wants to wash its hands of a class III shop mired in, as you put it, "signs."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top