Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 10:14:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We will be there- I believe friday and saturday are 8am-8pm in this building (9-5 Thurs & Sun)
We should plan on a specific day/time for an official get together for those looking to just meet and greet though.
It can either be lunch time Sat, Saturday evening, or sometime Sunday. Up to all of you that want to maximize meeting of other  arfcommers.

There will be some- at least in 5.56mm. Working on .22LR next.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will you guys be there from "sunup to sundown"? I work the whole weekend but could get out there later in the afternoon around 3 or 4.

We will be there- I believe friday and saturday are 8am-8pm in this building (9-5 Thurs & Sun)
We should plan on a specific day/time for an official get together for those looking to just meet and greet though.
It can either be lunch time Sat, Saturday evening, or sometime Sunday. Up to all of you that want to maximize meeting of other  arfcommers.
Quoted:
They should contract with someone for brand name ammunition.  Arfmo or Arfmunition.

I will be there Saturday sometime between 8:00 and 12:00. I will be picking up some swag for the upcoming Christmas exchange.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 9:51:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will you guys be there from "sunup to sundown"? I work the whole weekend but could get out there later in the afternoon around 3 or 4.

Quoted:
They should contract with someone for brand name ammunition.  Arfmo or Arfmunition.

22LR? I guess that will be in stock around next century then
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:34:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Dunno if it will be implemented on the first weekend, but, rumor has it there would be an area set aside for arfcommers only.

Maybe just a place to sit on a couch, watch Red Dawn, Platoon, etc while the wives shop.

That alone is enough reason for me to stop by and say hello.

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly, I'd be more interested in the cheap "swag" type things (bumper stickers, tshirts, belt buckles, etc.) than guns, $500+ optics, and $2k+ night vision.

Dunno if it will be implemented on the first weekend, but, rumor has it there would be an area set aside for arfcommers only.

Maybe just a place to sit on a couch, watch Red Dawn, Platoon, etc while the wives shop.

That alone is enough reason for me to stop by and say hello.

TRG

Who's gonna be shooting tracers in the background while we watch Red Dawn?

TXL
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Sure, I'd go just for the ARF/Com booth,
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 8:46:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Finally, an island of testosterone in that sea of estrogen.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 1:18:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll have to talk, yeah right, my wife into going to Canton.  She loves to go and now a reason for me.  LOL.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Last question: What days are you going to be there? The link in the OP has the weekend dates as 7/3-7/6. Or will you just be there on Saturday and Sunday?
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Will Redgoat be selling his surplus produce?
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Remember for those of you that want to get together and meet others, we have to pick a time.
View Quote

Ok....how about in 15 minutes in Rowlett?

mm
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Will Redgoat be selling his surplus produce?
View Quote

I'll bring you a carrot.  I'll keep in in my pocket for you.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 2:55:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Preview of the space:
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=65221

Remember for those of you that want to get together and meet others, we have to pick a time. So unless someone else suggests something better, the two I would throw out there are noon or 5pm Saturday
(noon means you/spouse can still check out rest of Trade Days, 5pm means you come after the rest of trade days shuts down, but our building and all of its vendors will still be open).

We will have giveaways, door buster specials and promotions all weekend; product reps will be in attendance, and we're working on a few other partnerships and ideas for the opening.
Things like ammo (killer deal on 5.56 55gr) we'll do our best to try to split up so it lasts all weekend, but as always first come first served...

Any interest in a Texas CHL course? We can offer that in the future if there is interest...
View Quote

Question ... If I plan to just come and hang out, is there going to be a place where we can just sit around, prop up our feet, talk with Arfcommers as they come and go?

Next Question:  On those 'killer deals' are those open to anyone that walks in the door, or will there be some set back for some sort of 'arfcommer' deal with a hand shake, chicken dance, or some other identifier?

TRG
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I will drive from san angelo
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 4:58:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: As we go forward, how important this is will be determined by how many members come out and how the space is used. We're purposely leaving things flexible so we can see what works and what doesn't and adjust as necessary.

If you're looking for a 'show me your carrot and I'll show you mine' greeting, then the answer is most likely not. If we want some deals to be open to members only, and they just have to ask for it, we can do that as well. That's why I started this thread asking for ideas on what members would like to see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Question ... If I plan to just come and hang out, is there going to be a place where we can just sit around, prop up our feet, talk with Arfcommers as they come and go?

Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: As we go forward, how important this is will be determined by how many members come out and how the space is used. We're purposely leaving things flexible so we can see what works and what doesn't and adjust as necessary.

Next Question:  On those 'killer deals' are those open to anyone that walks in the door, or will there be some set back for some sort of 'arfcommer' deal with a hand shake, chicken dance, or some other identifier?

If you're looking for a 'show me your carrot and I'll show you mine' greeting, then the answer is most likely not. If we want some deals to be open to members only, and they just have to ask for it, we can do that as well. That's why I started this thread asking for ideas on what members would like to see.

FWIW, I will be bringing 3-5 Arfcommers and stopping by to visit.  I am sure we will want to hang out at least a little while and chit-chat.

I drove by the venue today, is it posted 30.06?  I thought I saw a no handguns sign, but, it did not look like a legal posting with the correct letters, but I did not slow down to look.

What about bringing in ARs to test fit, and try out slings, optics, handguards, etc?  With all the Open Carry Texas circus, is it going to be kosher if people come by with their guns?  Hell, it's be kinda kewl if some of you AR15 staffers were there to sign T-shirts and gunstocks.

Also, as for the deals ... if I was an AR15er and drove 2-5 hours to see you guys, and you sold out all the 'good stuff' to the average Joe from the street, I would be pissy about it.

Parking is 5.00?  Or do we get free parking with an Arfcom sticker on our car?

TRG
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Where at on the grounds are you located at? Maybe an MSPaint of a map to where you'll be?
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 7:00:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We will be there 7/3-7/6: hours updated in OP, and open late on Friday and Saturday nights after everything else has shut down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Last question: What days are you going to be there? The link in the OP has the weekend dates as 7/3-7/6. Or will you just be there on Saturday and Sunday?

We will be there 7/3-7/6: hours updated in OP, and open late on Friday and Saturday nights after everything else has shut down.

Cool. Work gets in the way over the weekend, but I should be able to make it by Thursday.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#20]
For those in the new century ...  here is a QR code that you can simply scan with your smart phone and it will take you to the map that you can then follow using your phone's GPS.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 7:17:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I know of some other flea markets in town that allow their customers to print out a parking voucher (from the flea market's website) to present at the parking attendant booth to save the 5.00.

Just a suggestion.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#22]
You will have wifi so we can login and post and a live video feed that GD can view of the store, right?

TRG
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

MSPaint we can do! (ignore the google First Monday Trade Days Marker, we're at the top right of the map BIG BFL, NW corner of that building)
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=65233

To give you a perspective, here's the google maps high level shot of the area.

Actual address is:
Canton Marketplace
1455 N. Trade Days Blvd.
Highway 19
Canton, Texas  75103

So we're right off highway 19, which is right off of 20, so easy to get to, and away from most of the large lots.
We have parking at our building, and air conditioned trolley service that will take you to various other Trade Days areas (free) and back.
There is a main entrance right in front of our space, so easy to come in and out.
Parking is $5 EVERYWHERE for Trade Days, but vendors in our building will give you $5 off purchase to counter that.

Within the building, we are in the NW corner, easiest entrance is via the North door.
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=65236

Yes- you can bring in ARs/guns (ideally cased in order to avoid scaring the sheeple). We're working on an ultrasonic cleaning service for those of you who never clean their guns (TRG will be customer number one for this!). Drop it off, shop around, pick it up before you leave.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where at on the grounds are you located at? Maybe an MSPaint of a map to where you'll be?

MSPaint we can do! (ignore the google First Monday Trade Days Marker, we're at the top right of the map BIG BFL, NW corner of that building)
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=65233

To give you a perspective, here's the google maps high level shot of the area.

Actual address is:
Canton Marketplace
1455 N. Trade Days Blvd.
Highway 19
Canton, Texas  75103

So we're right off highway 19, which is right off of 20, so easy to get to, and away from most of the large lots.
We have parking at our building, and air conditioned trolley service that will take you to various other Trade Days areas (free) and back.
There is a main entrance right in front of our space, so easy to come in and out.
Parking is $5 EVERYWHERE for Trade Days, but vendors in our building will give you $5 off purchase to counter that.

Within the building, we are in the NW corner, easiest entrance is via the North door.
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=65236

Quoted:
What about bringing in ARs to test fit, and try out slings, optics, handguards, etc?  With all the Open Carry Texas circus, is it going to be kosher if people come by with their guns?  Hell, it's be kinda kewl if some of you AR15 staffers were there to sign T-shirts and gunstocks.

Yes- you can bring in ARs/guns (ideally cased in order to avoid scaring the sheeple). We're working on an ultrasonic cleaning service for those of you who never clean their guns (TRG will be customer number one for this!). Drop it off, shop around, pick it up before you leave.

Fantastic. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got my Amazon alert, the Jello-O pool is inbound.

Any updates on the thongs?

TRG
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#25]
In like Flynt.

Canton is about 30 mins from DOW headquarters.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#26]
ARE YOU SERIOUS
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow, First Monday is 10 minutes from my house.  I like it
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#28]
this gives me a reason to swing into canton
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#29]
might have to make that trip I've promised the Goat 1/2 dozen times

CHEF
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 9:55:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Almost forgot....

Canton has an EXCELLENT 30 minute firework display on the 4th.  It is on the main First Monday grounds, and I am sure it will be worth the time for those coming to stick around and watch.

The view from the parking lot at the Arf event will probably be excellent as well.

Might plan for some chairs, Edward?  Maybe a cooler of soft drinks?

TRG
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

?

TRG
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
might have to make that trip I've promised the Goat 1/2 dozen times

CHEF
View Quote

Maybe we can get Edward to get you in front of a grill and do some hotdogs?

TRG
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 10:00:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Work on the 4th.

Will talk to the bosses about having off.

Will be driving from San Antonio, will need to crash somewhere.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 11:01:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

We can definitely do a Friday night ARFCOM tail gate party....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Almost forgot....

Canton has an EXCELLENT 30 minute firework display on the 4th.  It is on the main First Monday grounds, and I am sure it will be worth the time for those coming to stick around and watch.

The view from the parking lot at the Arf event will probably be excellent as well.

TRG

Let''s make this happen.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 11:02:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Work on the 4th.

Will talk to the bosses about having off.

Will be driving from San Antonio, will need to crash somewhere.
View Quote

San Antone to Canton .. 5 hours with a tailwind.

6 if you are battling traffic.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
?

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

?

TRG
Not sure what your question is.  First Monday is what the locals call it

Link Posted: 6/14/2014 11:25:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 11:28:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

?

TRG

My question is why I don't recall you, and we apparently live within minutes of each other.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 11:28:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Man....I have to figure out a way to head to Canton.  I'll bring adult soft drinks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Almost forgot....

TRG

Man....I have to figure out a way to head to Canton.  I'll bring adult soft drinks.

I know a party barn that will probably be used for the after-after party.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 11:41:25 PM EDT
[#42]
this

Link Posted: 6/14/2014 11:44:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Almost forgot....

TRG
View Quote

Awesome!! I think I know where I'll be for fireworks then.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 11:47:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 12:27:59 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
My question is why I don't recall you, and we apparently live within minutes of each other.

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

?

TRG

TRG
Hell, I may have met you and don't even know it.  I've got a place in Lindale and one in Van, but I'm on the road a lot.  I'm looking forward to this.

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 12:42:27 AM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#47]

LOL!

TRG
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 10:15:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Awesome!  I haven't been to a HTF event in a while.  Need to get the East Texas Crew together and head out for Saturdays festivities.  Is TRG going to be table dancing?

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Awesome!  I haven't been to a HTF event in a while.  Need to get the East Texas Crew together and head out for Saturdays festivities.  Is TRG going to be table dancing?

View Quote

Gonna need to be more than 1.00 tips this time.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm going to try to swing by. Sounds like a really cool idea.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top