Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 1:47:58 PM EDT
http://www.kristv.com/news/city-wants-power-to-stop-new-wind-farm/

There are plans for a new windfarm to the South of Corpus Christi proper, now the city is planning to annex the land because of claims that it will stifle growth in the future.

Aside from your thoughts on wind power I think its pretty screwed up that city government apparently has these plans for someone else's private property. I'm thinking the city council (which is comprised mostly realtors and developers) wanted to annex the land in the future and hoped property taxes would force the sale of some of that land (to their developer friends) and now they are worried that if the landowners get wind turbines setup that they would be in a better financial position to prevent that.

Now even more worrisome IMO.

CORPUS CHRISTI - The city is against a wind farm project, but it's not within their power to stop it. Now they're asking lawmakers to change that.

The city council approved a resolution opposing the project, which lies within the city's extra-territorial jurisdiction. They're lobbying the state for the power to control any economic development within it's ETJ, or land where the city plans to expand.
View Quote

I don't think we want the liberals living in cities to have any more control than they already have.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#1]
This kind of crap is going on everywhere.  The developers,  lawyers, do gooders, busy bodies,engineers, and various elected officials from all sides, all get together and try to two block the system.  They all love zoning yet when it comes time for their project every variance and agreement goes their way and the little guy gets fucked because he has no body to pull strings it is all about what the big guy wants.

They decide what land gets used for what and they will actually blight a section through code enforcement and regulation so that the developers can come in and buy it up cheap and then once again everything goes their way.

It is a taking and a fuck story
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Austin got it's pee pee slapped by the State for it's shenanigans with E.T.J. many times.

Trying to limit growth by placing rules and restrictions but doing so without providing services....
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:17:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Austin got it's pee pee slapped by the State for it's shenanigans with E.T.J. many times.

Trying to limit growth by placing rules and restrictions but doing so without providing services....
View Quote

Another "tool in their tool box" is called a management district.  They will go to Austin and while no one notices they will set these management districts up.
They can tax and they are in fact a form of zoning.  Regulating everything from what trees you can plant to sign height to setbacks .  I am pretty sure they also can work in ETJ area.  

It might sound like I am against big government but what I really support are freedom and personal property rights.  If a man and his wife own property and pay taxes to the government for years and years only to be told what and how you can use that land and even have it taken from you to be developed by someone who knows better what it should be used for all in an effort to increase tax base is FUCKING WRONG.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:11:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Another "tool in their tool box" is called a management district.  They will go to Austin and while no one notices they will set these management districts up.
They can tax and they are in fact a form of zoning.  Regulating everything from what trees you can plant to sign height to setbacks .  I am pretty sure they also can work in ETJ area.  

It might sound like I am against big government but what I really support are freedom and personal property rights.  If a man and his wife own property and pay taxes to the government for years and years only to be told what and how you can use that land and even have it taken from you to be developed by someone who knows better what it should be used for all in an effort to increase tax base is FUCKING WRONG.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^^This!^^
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top