Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 1:09:00 AM EDT
Hello everyone.

I've lived overseas with my family for a few years now and we feel like it's about time to move back to the US!

We are hoping to settle in the Fort Worth area.  As I've searched for home listings, Saginaw keeps coming up.  It seems as though the housing prices are reasonable, and major highways are easily accessible.  (It's a bit too early to begin the job hunt, so have no idea what kind of commute I'll have.)
What about things like crime?
Are there nice city parks?
Any good gun stores?

Any advice or relevant info is appreciated!

Best wishes
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:50:18 AM EDT
[#1]
sorry, i can't, but now i've got to go listen to some lefty.....
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hello everyone.

I've lived overseas with my family for a few years now and we feel like it's about time to move back to the US!

We are hoping to settle in the Fort Worth area.  As I've searched for home listings, Saginaw keeps coming up.  It seems as though the housing prices are reasonable, and major highways are easily accessible.  (It's a bit too early to begin the job hunt, so have no idea what kind of commute I'll have.)
Any good gun stores?

Best wishes
View Quote

No gun shops but you would be a 15-20 min drive from cabelas ,cheaper than dirt, academy.

Crime isn't bad, when I was in high school they had a lot of meth heads but it's cleaned up a lot.

They have 3 parks  they keep the trash picked up and grass cut.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I have lived in Saginaw for the past 14 years.  It used to be a small community and was fairly quiet however like everywhere else in the DFW area it has grown.  There is a small park on the west side of town that is not to bad, it is kept clean and has a very good walking path all the way around it.  The high school is new as of a couple of Yeats ago.  There are several small grade schoold scattered around town and I do not think they are over crowded.  At this time crime is low.  As for guns stores there are many scattered around the DFW area and many are within a thirtyish minute drive depending on the time of day that you venture out.  I hope this answers some of yor questions and let me know if you need to know anything else.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have lived in Saginaw for the past 14 years.  It used to be a small community and was fairly quiet however like everywhere else in the DFW area it has grown.  There is a small park on the west side of town that is not to bad, it is kept clean and has a very good walking path all the way around it.  The high school is new as of a couple of Yeats ago.  There are several small grade schoold scattered around town and I do not think they are over crowded.  At this time crime is low.  As for guns stores there are many scattered around the DFW area and many are within a thirtyish minute drive depending on the time of day that you venture out.  I hope this answers some of yor questions and let me know if you need to know anything else.
View Quote

This post pretty much covers it.  Saginaw isn't a fancy place and used to be out of town, but growth is pretty much surrounding it now.  Still, it's a decent and affordable place to live.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#5]
They still sport some big grain elevators.
http://www.saginaw-texas.com/saginaw-texas-grain-elevators-pics/
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:03:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No gun shops but you would be a 15-20 min drive from cabelas ,cheaper than dirt, academy.

Crime isn't bad, when I was in high school they had a lot of meth heads but it's cleaned up a lot.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hello everyone.

Any good gun stores?

Best wishes

Cheaper Than Dirt is changing it's name to Fort Worth Gun and moving as of May 4th.

My brother-in-law & family have lived in Saginaw for 15 years. They live in a nice neighborhood & really like it there. I've lived in the Mid-Cities area over 30 years and have always thought of Saginaw as being a nice area, although a bit remote. Besides gas & groceries, most everything else you would be interested in will probably be a 20 -30 minute drive. I know of 1 gun shop in Hurst, 1 in Bedford, and 1 in Euless.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:30:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hello everyone.

Any good gun stores?

Best wishes
View Quote

Cool.  Be aware, I35 is a disaster even on weekends - avoid it at all costs, and adjust your map programs to think it's a river or something.  Property taxes are intense, and can be half the size of your mortgage bill.  There are plenty of indoor shooting ranges, but rifles ranges are harder to come by in this area.  There is no 3-gun anywhere close.  Crime is pretty good.  House hunting can be tough.  This is where the shale revolution started - they have frac'ed everywhere you look, including under the city directly.  Yet there is no significant, or even noticeable environmental impact, and the water quality is the best in Texas.  Women here are pretty - (you sound like the young member of the family, you'll enjoy yourself.

My standard welcome:  "Welcome! happy to have you!   Have fun, please don't fuck it up and vote like those who destroyed the lesser place you are fleeing."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top