Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2014 9:45:44 PM EDT
My GF and I are making a trip to Austin and Kerrville on the first week of June and I'd like to see if there are any indoor or outdoor ranges that I can visit while we're there.

Probably just bringing a pistol and rifle if there's anywhere I can visit in those areas.

Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:31:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Best of the West in Liberty Hill
Red's north/south Austin
Copperhead Creek Marble Falls
Cedar Ridge San Antonio
Bullethole San Antonio
Lonestar in Lockhart

Look at what else you want to do. Want check out Lockhart BBQ then Lonestar. Want a nice drive out of town BOTW or even better Copperhead Creek

Call the ranges for hours not all are open 7 days a week.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:38:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out Youngs Jewelry and guns in Kerrville. Used to be a great store. Haven't been in a couple of years though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:58:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Both Red's locations are indoor 100yd ranges.  Just FYI in case it is raining and you want to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:06:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool.  We'll just be there Monday afternoon through Friday morning as I'd like to have a day to relax when we get back home.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Well it turns out we didn't do any shooting there.

We visited for a couple days in Austin and Kerrville each and got to see the Pacific War Museum in GeorgetownFredericksburg, a little nature walk in downtown Kerrville where animals were easily came up to you, and had some Coopers in Llano.

I did see a store called Gibsons where I wondered why a G19 was $590

The trip was also highlighted by a green light from her dad, so all was good on that front.

I look forward to our next trip there.

I also noted that while in the Enchanted Rock area, photos were slightly more difficult as I encountered the state bird known as the mosquito.

Here's a few of the photos I was happy with.

It was a good trip.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 4:17:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Glad you had a good time.

Gibsons is usually a fun store, but I would not buy a gun there.

However, I thought the Museum of the Pacific War is in Fredericksburg.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 4:24:59 AM EDT
[#8]
If you haven't been to Young's in a few years, go back. It used to be a nice little jewelry store with a gun counter in the back.  Now it's a big gun shop with a cute little jewelry section. Also, they moved to a bigger location, still on Sidney Baker, across from McCoy's.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 9:45:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glad you had a good time.

Gibsons is usually a fun store, but I would not buy a gun there.

However, I thought the Museum of the Pacific War is in Fredericksburg.
View Quote

I was mistaken.  I thought something didn't sound quite right when I was writing it.

Thank you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top