Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2014 9:24:59 PM EDT
Movin' to Fort Worth in mid-May and want to know Arfcom's opinion on which LGS to visit? Which to avoid?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Movin' to Fort Worth in mid-May and want to know Arfcom's opinion on which LGS to visit? Which to avoid?  Thanks.
View Quote

WHEN you obtain your TX CHL, check out DSG Arms. They only allow LEO/MIL and CHL holders to enter their storefront.  Cheaper Than Dirt Outdoor Adventures changed their name to Fort Worth Gun and will be opening in a new location too. I'm not crazy about them but I guess you can check them out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:16:54 PM EDT
[#2]
My personal opinion is I will not ever darken a CTD or derivatives door.  There are lots of good ones in this area. Euless guns and ammo not bad.  Always been nice enough to me but it is a LGS expect tagged prices as such.  Sportingarms.com is a little bit of a drive but great prices and net shopping too.  Awesome people.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:07:29 AM EDT
[#3]
The shop at Alpine Range is great for firearms related things and some guns are well priced.

Academy Sports and Wal-Mart have the best local prices on run of the mill guns.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:35:35 AM EDT
[#4]
MIlitary Gun Supply is good. Elk Castle has good selection, but quite proud of it. one of the better smiths in the area, wait is stupid long. Cabelas of course.
Only one I dont waste my time with is Panther City. Are they even there still?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:56:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Another vote for Alpine Range. They keep a fair stock reloading supplies and have decent gun prices

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:10:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Avoid euless guns and ammo, prices are stupid at that place. I went 1 time and powder was 30 to 40$ per pound. For a 8lb jug it was 289$!! Normally 8lbs of powder are 150$ to 200$...I'm fine with lgs making a profit but within reason. There's a small shop in north Richland hills off hwy 26, always been very nice and reasonably priced. Besides that cheaper than dirty, cabelas, bass pro are all ok
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:11:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Double post
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Arlington Tactical inside of hearth house fireplace shop. Scott Rambo is a great guy and he treats customers like family. Also you can bring along wife or female companion to look at fireplace stuff while you look at guns. Some shops don't allow dry firing, but Scott does. Tell him Luke referred you (I don't get a kick back, I just like to give him business as he has been awesome for all my firearm purchases). One of the few shops that I know of that absolutely refused to price-gouge during the gun ban scare last year.

I would also avoid cheaper than dirt (fort worth gun) as they price gouge like crazy during every crisis. Tried to charge $30-40 for a box of 20 round tula ammo, $50-60 for some .22LR. They do it every time. Winchester shooting gallery off 820 usually has high prices.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Avoid euless guns and ammo, prices are stupid at that place. I went 1 time and powder was 30 to 40$ per pound. For a 8lb jug it was 289$!! Normally 8lbs of powder are 150$ to 200$...I'm fine with lgs making a profit but within reason. There's a small shop in north Richland hills off hwy 26, always been very nice and reasonably priced. Besides that cheaper than dirty, cabelas, bass pro are all ok
View Quote
When did you go in Feb 2013?   I know they are high on the tagged price. More to it than that. Go in once OP.  If you don't like it don't go back.  

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I went about 2 weeks ago to euless guns and ammo, prices were from that visit
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Cool.  I appreciate all the feedback and hopefully I'll meet some of ya'll.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:25:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

WHEN you obtain your TX CHL, check out DSG Arms. They only allow LEO/MIL and CHL holders to enter their storefront.  Cheaper Than Dirt Outdoor Adventures changed their name to Fort Worth Gun and will be opening in a new location too. I'm not crazy about them but I guess you can check them out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true. I bought a rifle from DSG at their store in December and my chl expired years ago. No problems.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Cheaper Than Dirt Catalog:
When they were pushing $99.97 Colt AR15 30rd mags during the scare - lost my business after 12 years...

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:35:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not true. I bought a rifle from DSG at their store in December and my chl expired years ago. No problems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like DSG Arms is getting a bit lax about it. Which is a good thing!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I went about 2 weeks ago to euless guns and ammo, prices were from that visit
View Quote
Cool.  Tagged prices can be high.  They do have deals from time to time. And tagged price is not always sale price.  Just FYI.  But I hear you.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

When they were pushing $99.97 Colt AR15 30rd mags during the scare - lost my business after 12 years...

View Quote

This but the one that changed their name was not affiliated with the "real" cheaper than dirt.  Personally I would never want a name associated with them.  Website goes "down" for two weeks and magically all their product is inflated.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#17]
GT Distributors. Not exactly a "gun shop" (though they do sell a lot of guns), but more of a tacticool warehouse

Lots of accessories, clothing, armor, lights, you name it. Funny, I always seem to find things I didn't know existed but I desperately NEED every time I go there.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#18]
It isn't Fort Worth, but isn't GrabAGun in Coppell, TX?

I've never been (just moving now), but I'm a huge fan of GrabAGun's online store.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This but the one that changed their name was not affiliated with the "real" cheaper than dirt.  Personally I would never want a name associated with them.  Website goes "down" for two weeks and magically all their product is inflated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, you had Cheaper Than Dirt (Catalog) and Cheaper Than Dirt Outdoor Adventures (Retail)
From what I heard they have finally broken away and have renamed themselves...can't blame them either.
I have always come away from the retail side with a good impression.

I can always understand a business that might raise prices based on supply but what the CTD catalog did during the
scare to it's (loyal) customer base from a business point of view - was beyond idiotic.

Drove by the retail store the other day and noticed the Cheaper Than Dirt signs have been removed from the building...
I look forward to going to the new location

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Yep, you had Cheaper Than Dirt (Catalog) and Cheaper Than Dirt Outdoor Adventures (Retail)

From what I heard they have finally broken away and have renamed themselves...can't blame them either.

I can always understand a business that might raise prices based on supply but what the CTD catalog did during the

scare to it's (loyal) customer base from a business point of view - was beyond idiotic.

Drove by the retail store the other day and noticed the Cheaper Than Dirt signs have been removed from the building...

http://ontheoutside.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/nn50dfd5a4.jpeg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://ontheoutside.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/nn50dfd5a4.jpeg

Still related.  Can't in good conscience give money to either one.  Change of name or not.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Savings FAIL

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Well as long as we're ragging on CTD for being so shitty during the scare, here's my favorite from then (seen on the website page for a Gen 3 Glock 19):
"High capacity magazines are becoming very scarce. This Glock has TWO high capacity magazines, but this gun quickly before the magazines are banned."

No, this Glock has two standard capacity magazines and CTD can go fuck themselves forever. Won't see another dime of my business and I actively encourage anyone I meet into guns to avoid them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top