Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2014 9:12:13 AM EDT
Other than Lone Star Protective Solutions, or the staff of the local gun range, is there a tactical shooting school/instructor that you would recommend?

I've trained with LSPS and would like to get some new sources for instruction.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh god. Let us know where you decide to go.

That way we can know to avoid it so we don't end up getting shot for having a rifle out in plain sight.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Op seriously, you might consider a handle change.  Your credibility is basically shot on this board, it appears.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:09:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh god. Let us know where you decide to go.

That way we can know to avoid it so we don't end up getting shot for having a rifle out in plain sight.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:13:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Other than Lone Star Protective Solutions, or the staff of the local gun range, is there a tactical shooting school/instructor that you would recommend?

Thanks
View Quote

Are you LE or a private citizen?

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:34:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Again guys....read what I posted on the other thread.

Lets decide to act like leaders and encourage one another.

Lets commit to raising the bar on this forum and acting like men.

I would absolutely bet my last bottom dollar that if I were standing flat footed in front of you asking your thoughts and opinions, you would not spout out the names and sarcastic gigglings like you have been doing.

So be on-line like you would be if we were talking in the isle at Cabelas or something...

Besides, if you think I am SO crazy....then why would you NOT want to recommend a training source for me??

Think about it...

I have received quite a bit of training over the years. I consider it to be a maintenance function of my gunmanship much like many licensed professionals are required to complete continuing education courses throughout their careers. I have a monthly budget for ammunition, training, and time. I try to meet but not exceed those budgetary benchmarks because I have other things to do. At the same time however, I choose not to ignore that training regiment so that I don't get rusty. I was fluent in three languages leaving college but now can barely hold a slow paced conversation in two of the three because I did not use them. Gunmanship is just like that too. You lose what you don't use.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:45:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Ex-mil. Pvt citizen. I was in the Army during Desert Storm/Desert Shield, but folks think you shoot a lot in the military which just isn't true for 95% of us. I had more trigger time as a high school student with a 10/22 than I did in the Army. Got out. Went to college. Shot pistol quite a bit recreationally while in school. Graduated and then didn't shoot with any regularity for years until early 2000's, when I started collecting and shooting rifles, mostly M1 Garands, AR's, and a few others, quite frequently for fun. Do lots of wild boar hunting too. Didn't start with private training until about 4 years ago, and that has been mostly pistol with some carbine work.

I mainly want to practice concealed carry and pistol shooting techniques. I've found lots of practice is valuable. No replacement for it..
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:15:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Well thank you for your service. But see my IM reply to your IM.  And while I would agree with what would have been your basic premise on leadership that leadership needs to include progun posts on a progun board and telling two differnt outlooks between Arizona and Texas.  If you wanna plead brain fart and make amends for previous posting I'm all up for bygones.  But so far I have seen some seriously questionable rhetoric from you with no real change of heart or listen to reason from other guys.  I admit to being very hard on you in my posting but it is the result of what I have seen from you Arizona posting and texas posting.

Wanna hit the reset button with hometown maybe issue some mea culpa's.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:48:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well thank you for your service. But see my IM reply to your IM.  And while I would agree with what would have been your basic premise on leadership that leadership needs to include progun posts on a progun board and telling two differnt outlooks between Arizona and Texas.  If you wanna plead brain fart and make amends for previous posting I'm all up for bygones.  But so far I have seen some seriously questionable rhetoric from you with no real change of heart or listen to reason from other guys.  I admit to being very hard on you in my posting but it is the result of what I have seen from you Arizona posting and texas posting.

View Quote

You're welcome. I hate to compare how easy my deployment was in Storm/Shield in relation to the guys that have been over there in the last 10 years. I just drove around and blew up abandoned stuff for the most part. These guys today are the real deal.. And I wasn't trying to play the vet card, I was just trying to answer the other fellows question.

Yes, I saw your IM response. Thank you.

I don't see a disparity in my Texas versus other state postings. I in fact pointed out that I was asking open carry states their opinion and I brought that fact back here to that thread. Someone called me a liar for doing this....but it was confusion on their part because I WAS the one pointing out what I WAS doing over in those states. Any difference in the complexion or intent of these different threads is a misunderstanding by the person calling me the names, not by me.

I appreciate your olive branch, but I don't think I owe apologies for not having the identical opinions of everyone here.

I don't think I owe apologies for being defensive about having 6+ members here vomit childish name calling on me.

I don't think I owe apologies for examining my own thought processes and going to an established forum to attempt that examination.

I think it is obvious however that this forum was not fertile ground for that analysis however. I didn't seem to get a very cerebral response from most; just "you're brain damaged / you're an idiot / you shouldn't own guns / you're a liar ".... Playground talk...
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:58:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You're welcome. I hate to compare how easy my deployment was in Storm/Shield in relation to the guys that have been over there in the last 10 years. I just drove around and blew up abandoned stuff for the most part. These guys today are the real deal.. And I wasn't trying to play the vet card, I was just trying to answer the other fellows question.

I don't see a disparity in my Texas versus other state postings. I in fact pointed out that I was asking open carry states their opinion and I brought that fact back here to that thread. Someone called me a liar for doing this....but it was confusion on their part because I WAS the one pointing out what I WAS doing over in those states. Any difference in the complexion or intent of these different threads is a misunderstanding by the person calling me the names, not by me.

I appreciate your olive branch, but I don't think I owe apologies for not having the identical opinions of everyone here.

I don't think I owe apologies for being defensive about having 6+ members here vomit childish name calling on me.

I don't think I owe apologies for examining my own thought processes and going to an established forum to attempt that examination.

I think it is obvious however that this forum was not fertile ground for that analysis however. I didn't seem to get a very cerebral response from most; just "you're brain damaged / you're an idiot / you shouldn't own guns / you're a liar ".... Playground talk...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well my posts were not particularly grown up either.  But respectfully sir, you have to begin to wonder when you bring your point of view to a progun board, and childish or not, you get similar responses from everybody.  Does issue lie with the people who all have the similar opinion, even if voiced childishly, or does the problem lie with the opinion presented.  Appearances are reality quite abit.  And when the score appears to be 99-1 you might want to soul search it or find a more popular place to post that kind of ideology.   Those that post opposing ideology most often times seem to be looking for the fight.  It's America, post whatever opinion you like.  Please don't post falsehoods.  And if they are unintentional or misunderstood maybe own it.  That is all this 13'er has for now.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well my posts were not particularly grown up either.  But respectfully sir, you have to begin to wonder when you bring your point of view to a progun board, and childish or not, you get similar responses from everybody.  Does issue lie with the people who all have the similar opinion, even if voiced childishly, or does the problem lie with the opinion presented.  Appearances are reality quite abit.  And when the score appears to be 99-1 you might want to soul search it or find a more popular place to post that kind of ideology.   Those that post opposing ideology most often times seem to be looking for the fight.  It's America, post whatever opinion you like.  Please don't post falsehoods.  And if they are unintentional or misunderstood maybe own it.  That is all this 13'er has for now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure man I hear what you're saying. The majority opinion isn't necessarily the correct opinion, but it does lend credence to them that there are many saying it.

I don't lie. Don't have to. Truth always is more colorful IMHO. I guess some of the guys here responded with "fight" rather than calmly examining a different ideology. I guess that is reasonable to expect from most men in a crowd.

As far as my own "soul searching" on the topic of open carry.....I cant say this exercise has helped. I see the open carry advocates in even lower regard than I did before. I agree that there is a constitutional premise for the right to bear arms, and that it should not be infringed upon. But where is the reasonable line where that SHOULD be infringed......to the extent of concealed carry....or open carry....or machine guns....?...or handgrenades....?....or chemical arms...????.....or nuclear arms....?????!! Should my right to bear arms mean that I should be able to buy a surplus MX missile and park it in my backyard pointed at Dallas??

Heck no!

There IS a line of REASON. There is a reference of intent of the framers of the Constitution and Bill of Rights; men that only knew open carry of LONG guns and flint lock single shot pistols. A world where no one had to make an argument against a 14 years old being able to buy a full auto Tommygun at a hardware store.

It is from this line of reason, I am trying to examine my thoughts on open carry. I did an absolutely miserable job of asking the questions in the way I did in the original posts and dug myself a hole in the middle of the playground and ended up with the cast of the Simpsons standing around me saying HAAhaa. That was my bad..
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sure man I hear what you're saying. The majority opinion isn't necessarily the correct opinion, but it does lend credence to them that there are many saying it.

I don't lie. Don't have to. Truth always is more colorful IMHO. I guess some of the guys here responded with "fight" rather than calmly examining a different ideology. I guess that is reasonable to expect from most men in a crowd.

As far as my own "soul searching" on the topic of open carry.....I cant say this exercise has helped. I see the open carry advocates in even lower regard than I did before. I agree that there is a constitutional premise for the right to bear arms, and that it should not be infringed upon. But where is the reasonable line where that SHOULD be infringed......to the extent of concealed carry....or open carry....or machine guns....?...or handgrenades....?....or chemical arms...????.....or nuclear arms....?????!! Should my right to bear arms mean that I should be able to buy a surplus MX missile and park it in my backyard pointed at Dallas??

Heck no!

There IS a line of REASON. There is a reference of intent of the framers of the Constitution and Bill of Rights; men that only knew open carry of LONG guns and flint lock single shot pistols. A world where no one had to make an argument against a 14 years old being able to buy a full auto Tommygun at a hardware store.

It is from this line of reason, I am trying to examine my thoughts on open carry. I did an absolutely miserable job of asking the questions in the way I did in the original posts and dug myself a hole in the middle of the playground and ended up with the cast of the Simpsons standing around me saying HAAhaa. That was my bad..
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Heck no!

Where, in the HELL, is it legal for a 14 year old to buy an automatic weapon.  Please I ask you where.  The hardware store owner is guilty if it was done.  Criminals break laws.  How in the hell is making something else illegal gonna stop this.  This is why your first thread got locked and as far as I am concerned you outta be banned if you cant learn.  Criminals break laws, they don't give a damn about laws.  Criminalize guns and only the honest people dont have them.  Geez freaking Louise.  Will you PEOPLE of libtard lunacy ever learn this lesson.  Please everybody pile on with the childish remarks this guys loves.  He wants to make more laws the criminals won't obey so honest people can be at a disadvantage.  That is exactly your reasoning in your statement BROHAM!!!  A world where no one had to make an argument.  If it is against the law there why would more laws do any better.  You gotta be 18 to buy a long gun dude.  Much less automatic.  double face palm!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Where, in the HELL, is it legal for a 14 year old to buy an automatic weapon.  Please I ask you where.  The hardware store owner is guilty if it was done.  Criminals break laws.  How in the hell is making something else illegal gonna stop this.  This is why your first thread got locked and as far as I am concerned you outta be banned if you cant learn.  Criminals break laws, they don't give a damn about laws.  Criminalize guns and only the honest people dont have them.  Geez freaking Louise.  Will you PEOPLE of libtard lunacy ever learn this lesson.  Please everybody pile on with the childish remarks this guys loves.  He wants to make more laws the criminals won't obey so honest people can be at a disadvantage.  That is exactly your reasoning in your statement BROHAM!!!  A world where no one had to make an argument.  If it is against the law there why would more laws do any better.  You gotta be 18 to buy a long gun dude.  Much less automatic.  double face palm!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heck no!

Good grief sir....Ease up buddy..

1. The first thread got locked because of all the childishness of whining follow up dog pile counterproductive posters, not anything I said. The mod stated "question has been answered", indicating that he saw no value in the ongoing donkey-show of posts. Neither did I.
2. My "14 year old Tommy gun" example was a reference to the ease of access to NOW controlled weapons in the US prior to the National Firearms Act of 1934. It was just an example.. Pretty much anyone could go buy what they wanted.

I am amazed that you responded to my IM in a cool and calm fashion then posted this explosion...

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:10:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:22:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Not sure what you're looking for exactly but Dave at www.decisivegun.com is a close friend. I've taught with him and have learned from him. Does almost entirely pistol work, and for the most part, it's defensive work aimed towards citizen carry. Not really an LE or Tactical type trainer, but can do that kind of thing. Touch base with him and see what you think.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:51:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the IM...

I'll take it into consideration. Not really though.

Don't post stupid stuff if you don't want to face the backlash.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Not sure what you're looking for exactly but Dave at www.decisivegun.com is a close friend. I've taught with him and have learned from him. Does almost entirely pistol work, and for the most part, it's defensive work aimed towards citizen carry. Not really an LE or Tactical type trainer, but can do that kind of thing. Touch base with him and see what you think.
View Quote

Excellent. Thank you sir
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Longhorn,

Maybe I flew off the handle.  I don't think so.  You post about being concerned of a 14 year old boy buying a full auto tommy gun. Never heard that story.  I'm sheltered, I don't hear them all.  But post no background hence my reaction.  And like it or not your thread that got lock flat out misled people to think open carry states didn't give a flip about their right to open carry. Flat out misrepresentation. Or back in my small hometown we used to call misrepresentations, lies.   I sugar coat it today because you apparently have difficulty understanding the way your posts are interpreted.  Me on the other hand. I think you and everybody else know exactly where I stand.  Flying off the handle or not.  I did not handle your little IM session any differently than I have out in the open.  And I extended no olive branch. I was simply civil because you approached me personally.  Post what you mean exactly and quit changing or having to further explain how that's not what you meant when you posted it.  

Dun here

Good luck finding new training hope it works out for you.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top