Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/15/2014 2:25:57 PM EDT

THIS is first draft.......more details to follow!
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:27:13 PM EDT
[#1]
http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/subgunmansubgunman/library/?view=recent#/user/subgunmansubgunman/library/?view=recent&page=1&_suid=139760061853809477512530577897
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#2]
This is me helping the OP...

Too bad I'm not up North.

OP:  copy and paste this into your original post, just remove the asterisk from the first bracket.

[*img]http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag341/subgunmansubgunman/SawEvent-page-002_zps5226d9af.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:37:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Wonder if it'll be as big as the Silencer Are Legal shoot a couple years ago.

Hope so.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Very Tempting. I may go.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn I just remembered I'm going to be out of town that weekend, I really wanted to try out the gemtech SilencerCo Osprey..........
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Will reps be there?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Oooo...A chance to side by side surefire and AAC?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn I just remembered I'm going to be out of town that weekend, I really wanted to try out the gemtech SilencerCo Osprey..........
View Quote

the what?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

the what?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the what?

Perhaps he meant the Gemtech AAC M4-96C/M4-2000
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:31:34 PM EDT
[#10]
eh, I might make the trip. Been thinking about picking up a couple new cans. It would be worth it to try before I buy.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Count me in.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:41:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hope so.
View Quote

That was a fun shoot
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:06:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks good!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:39:33 AM EDT
[#14]
this is awesome, I could try out the Specwar 762 and Sparrow that I have ordered, although the Specwar may be released early for good behavior by then.

ETA: just reread it, it says Product Demonstrations, but does that mean the public can try them?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:51:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Will reps be there?
View Quote

SAW is a stocking dealer for several manufacturers (Gemtech, Silencerco, and Surefire are the ones I recall).
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:16:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That was a fun shoot
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope so.

That was a fun shoot

That it was. With an awesome raffle to boot.

ETA: Any idea of the hours of operation for the event?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:21:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
this is awesome, I could try out the Specwar 762 and Sparrow that I have ordered, although the Specwar may be released early for good behavior by then.

ETA: just reread it, it says Product Demonstrations, but does that mean the public can try them?
View Quote

I would like to know this also. If we can actually try them I'm in. I have two cans in jail now. And am interested in look at a .45 can later this year.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:26:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

SAW is a stocking dealer for several manufacturers (Gemtech, Silencerco, and Surefire are the ones I recall).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will reps be there?

And?

Ever been to a retail store that had mfg reps on hand?  I've been to silencer shoots with dealers & mfg reps so I was curious how this shoot was structured.  Pretty cool to talk with the guy that is selling you the product but also talk with the guy that actually designed/built the product and willing to address warranty work.  With that said, Silencerco has top notch customer service and stands by their products.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And?

Ever been to a retail store that had mfg reps on hand?  I've been to silencer shoots with dealers & mfg reps so I was curious how this shoot was structured.  Pretty cool to talk with the guy that is selling you the product but also talk with the guy that actually designed/built the product and willing to address warranty work.  With that said, Silencerco has top notch customer service and stands by their products.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will reps be there?

And?

No good deed goes unpunished.  Fuck me for trying to help you out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#20]
yes public to try, this was first ad, will replace with more descriptive soon, by the way food and drink is NOT free lol!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:53:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will reps be there?

And?

Are you saying all those mfg reps will be present?  If not, please try not to get offended for answering a question you don't know the answer to.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:59:33 PM EDT
[#22]
yes! So far I have silencerco, and thunderbeast confirmed. Working on gemtech and surefire, feel confident they are coming and if not I will have the newest product there.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Gemtech just confirmed, they are now coming....
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
yes! So far I have silencerco, and thunderbeast confirmed. Working on gemtech and surefire, feel confident they are coming and if not I will have the newest product there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Gemtech just confirmed, they are now coming....

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:26:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Get huntertown arms, thompson machine, yhm....,..
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:30:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Some more questions:

1)  Allowed to bring personal suppressors?
2)  Allowed/required to bring host?
3)  Allowed to supply personal ammo?  If so, requirements?  If not, cost?
4)  Will a meter be provided to compare?
5)  Will there be an open range to shoot?
6)  Full auto allowed?

This sounds like a great event in the works.  Do you have an estimation on attendance level?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:48:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Some more questions:

1) Allowed to bring personal suppressors?
    THIS IS A DEMO OF NEW PRODUCT WITH SALES ON SITE, NOT A GENERAL SHOOT AND COMPARE OF OLDER PRODUCTS. TRUSTS CAN BE COMPLETED AND NOTORIZED ON SITE!!
2) Allowed/required to bring host?
     NOT REQUIRED, WE WILL HAVE PISTOLS RIFLES ON SITE TO USE
3) Allowed to supply personal ammo? If so, requirements? If not, cost?
     TO ENSURE ALL SILENCERS GET EQUAL REPRESENTATION, WE WILL PROVIDE 5 ROUNDS OF EACH AMMO AT ATTRACTIVE RATE, MUCH AS GEMTECH DID AT THE SILENCERCO SHOOT A FEW YEARS BACK. EXTRA AVAILBLE IF YOU WISH TO SHOOT MORE
4) Will a meter be provided to compare?
     NO. METERS ARE ONLY EFFECTIVE IN A SEALED, CLOSED ENVIRORNMENT. SOUND SIGNATURES CAN LITERALLY CHANGE IN MOMENTS DUE TO WIND ETC. SO IT IS NOT ACCURATE OR FAIR.
5) Will there be an open range to shoot?
     YES, FUSION HAS A SEPERATE RANGE FOR THOSE WHOM WISH TO CONTINUE AND SHOOT PRODUCT THEY WISH TO BRING, ETC. CONTATC HOPE AT FUSION, [email protected] FOR INFORMATION AND RATES. I BELEIVE THEY WILL BE OFFERING A "SHOW SPECIAL" FOR MEMBERSHIP
6) Full auto allowed?
     I WILL HAVE A FEW, MAILY JUST FOR MY DEMO USE, I MAY SELL MAGS OF AMMO, HAVENT FINALIZED THIS YET. CONTACT HOPE AT FUSION FOR THEIR RULES REGARDING THIS AT THE SECOND RANGE.
This sounds like a great event in the works. Do you have an estimation on attendance level?

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Forney isn't too far hmm.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:20:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Actually off that weekend...
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Hope so.
View Quote

that was a lot of fun. i'm sad they haven't done another.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope so.

It was great!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Will tickets be available the day of?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:07:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Will tickets be available the day of?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:30:51 AM EDT
[#34]
CALL FUSION TACTICAL, we are putting this all together over the coming week, they are going to start accepting payment for tickets now so we can help determine attendance level.
214-614-8431
ask for hope!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:58:53 PM EDT
[#35]
will you be selling demo cans?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:52:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It was great!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope so.

It was great!

Umm... they are doing it again.

I am leaving Friday afternoon to head up there. This is going to be a really fun event.

There is also a lil something something planned afterwards

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:55:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

That event is organized by Silencer America.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:03:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know, if you looked right next where it says Silenced America... it says something else.

This won't be as big as the SAL shoot a few years ago, that was Kenny B's baby and he put his heart and soul into that event and did a fantastic job but this one will be equally as fun with the people that will be there.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:04:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:Umm... they are doing it again.

View Quote

400 miles away. No thanks.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Umm... they are doing it again.

Yea, that's the shitty part. Fortunately they got a good deal at the Courtyard so the rooms are cheap for this event.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:17:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You know, if you looked right next where it says Silenced America... it says something else.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it says "Little Bang Silencer Shoot", not "2nd Annual Silencers are Legal Shoot"

From the original announcement:

Silenced America will be hosting a suppressor shoot on April 26 in the Amarillo area. We don't have all the details worked out at this time but we will have several suppressor manufactures on site. Follow us on FB or hit me up with questions. As we get closer I will post times and cost as well as specific companies that will be attending.

This in no way is related to the original Silencers are Legal Shoot, whose web page has not been updated in 2 years.

http://silencersarelegal.com/legalshoot/
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:37:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yeah, it says "Little Bang Silencer Shoot", not "2nd Annual Silencers are Legal Shoot"

Silenced America will be hosting a suppressor shoot on April 26 in the Amarillo area. We don't have all the details worked out at this time but we will have several suppressor manufactures on site. Follow us on FB or hit me up with questions. As we get closer I will post times and cost as well as specific companies that will be attending.

This in no way is related to the original Silencers are Legal Shoot, whose web page has not been updated in 2 years.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit sherlock. You figure that one out on your own? If you read the last half of my original post you failed to quote you will see why there won't be another SAL shoot, let me re-quote it for you:

"This won't be as big as the SAL shoot a few years ago, that was Kenny B's baby and he put his heart and soul into that event and did a fantastic job but this one will be equally as fun with the people that will be there."

Kenny Bozich planned and organized this (with the help of Scott Bittner from Silenced America) when he worked at Silencerco, he has since left to go back on tour with his band. This was his thing that turned out to be a huge success. The people at Silencerco got together with Scott and decided it was time for another shoot. Since this one never had the intention of being as big as SAL, it wasn't billed as such. NFA Guns on facebook also had a large part of organizing this.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:46:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No shit sherlock. You figure that one out on your own? If you read the last half of my original post you failed to quote you will see why there won't be another SAL shoot, let me re-quote it for you:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know, if you looked right next where it says Silenced America...it says something else.

Nice backtrack.

I like how you went from claiming it was a SAL shoot: "they are doing it again."

to agreeing with me it is not a SAL shoot: there won't be another SAL shoot.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:11:47 AM EDT
[#44]

thats because the people (companies) who organized the SAL shoot are organizing this one but not billing it as such. Jesus christ you are hopeless.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:56:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Geez guys, stop with the purse swinging.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Geez guys, stop with the purse swinging.  
View Quote

Silencers shoots are serious business.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:09:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Any idea what the hours of the shoot are going to be? I'd like to check it out but work that afternoon.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 7:27:44 AM EDT
[#48]
FYI-

There was a Glock shoot scheduled for this past weekend at this range. Range was flooded and no prior notification was given to anyone. Lots of folks showed up to a locked gate and nobody there.

Perhaps Jeff can update this thread Friday night to confirm if it is go/NoGo.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 8:19:27 AM EDT
[#49]
ok guys
not sure where all the confusion came from but let ME clarify this............

1) saw and fusion are hosting this event, NO ONE else. This was dreamed up and implemented by ME, not silenced america or anyone else, period

2) yes of course if rained out there will be a posting, etc.

any questions please go to sawguns.com or fusiontactical.com
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 12:08:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Do you have to be present for the silencer drawing and raffle?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top