Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2014 1:44:46 PM EDT
http://m.click2houston.com/news/hpd-man-choked-to-death-after-road-rage-incident-near-texas-medical-center/25492174

According to Detective Jesus Sosa with the Houston Police Department, the driver of the Nissan said, "You'll be sorry you gave me your information. I'm going to find you and kill you and your family."

Witnesses told police the driver of the Nissan pushed the older man.

"The driver of the Nissan started to assault the older driver," said Sosa. "The older driver was so badly beaten he was rushed to the hospital in serious condition,and could physically not talk to officers."

Police said while the older driver was being attacked, his son got out of the truck and tried to defend his father. Officers said there was at least a 100-pound difference between the young man and the driver of the Nissan,but in that moment, detectives say, the younger man jumped on the driver's back and put him in a choke hold.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:04:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Good Choke.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good Choke.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

+1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good Choke.

+1

+87
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Good Choke.
View Quote

First Post Nailed It.  

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Good Choke.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow. That is some primal instinct shit right there.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#7]
how do they know the a threat was issued?

the person that supposedly issued the threat is dead and the person that he issued it to is in serious condition and cannot speak to the police.

maybe the son heard it?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Good choke
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good choke
View Quote

Agree
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

the person that supposedly issued the threat is dead and the person that he issued it to is in serious condition and cannot speak to the police.

maybe the son heard it?
View Quote

One would assume the son heard it or there were other witnesses.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

maybe the son heard it?
View Quote

The beating of his father justifies his actions even more than the verbal threat....  The detective also stated that the son was yelling "call 911" while he was on the attacker's back.  Sounds to me that there must have been a witness.  The event went down in a golf course parking lot, so it doesn't surprise me that someone had to be in the area.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#12]
That's messed up. I park in that lot quite often when I'm waiting to pick up a passenger in the Med Center....

Oh, and damn good choke.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The beating of his father justifies his actions even more than the verbal threat....  The detective also stated that the son was yelling "call 911" while he was on the attacker's back.  Sounds to me that there must have been a witness.  The event went down in a golf course parking lot, so it doesn't surprise me that someone had to be in the area.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

maybe the son heard it?

that does sound like a pretty good thing to claim the other party said if you ended up in an altercation.  especially an altercation where the other party ends up dead.  

the guy who got killed would have had to say that pretty loud for others to hear.

not doubting their story, just playing devils advocate.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

maybe the son heard it?
View Quote

If the other guy wanted his story told, he shouldn't have gotten himself killed.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:43:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Son needs to lawyer up.

The level of force seems justified.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#16]
The dead guy in the Nissan left the scene of the accident.

The Dad & son followed in a Ford until Nissan pulled over to exchange insurance information as required.

Evidently Nissan guy didn't like not having gotten away with hit and run, and then threatened to come kill the Ford folks and then unleashed a beat down on the dad.

Kudos to the Son for trying to save his Dad and doing the right things (shout for help, asking bystanders to call 911, heck having bystanders / witnesses)....

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:09:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm glad the son was able to prevail and save his father.  

Adding holes to bad guys requires so much less physical effort.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm glad the son was able to prevail and save his father.  

Adding holes to bad guys requires so much less physical effort.
View Quote

A rear naked choke doesn't take much effort at all.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:52:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:30:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Dead man is obviously a biker (Harley decal in the center of the window).  What do you make of the other two stickers?  Anybody recognize them?

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/TGrayman/DerekBrowntruck_zpsb1b668e6.jpg

ETA:  think I've found a picture of the deceased man.  I'm not going to put it up, but he's a fair-sized guy.

ETA2:  if it's the same guy, he got into a car chase with some guys who burglarized his house a few years ago.

ETA3:  Apparently, the dead man attempted to take off after hitting the other truck... something he'd done before
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Dead man is obviously a biker (Harley decal in the center of the window).  What do you make of the other two stickers?  Anybody recognize them?

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/TGrayman/DerekBrowntruck_zpsb1b668e6.jpg

ETA:  think I've found a picture of the deceased man.  I'm not going to put it up, but he's a fair-sized guy.

ETA2:  if it's the same guy, he got into a car chase with some guys who burglarized his house a few years ago.

ETA3:  Apparently, the dead man attempted to take off after hitting the other truck... something he'd done before

Apparently this wasn't his first rodeo, only his last.

Brown, who leaves behind a wife and two children, spent four days in
jail and paid a fine in 2009 after being charged with failing to stop
and give information after an accident, according to records.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#21]
To choke or not to choke. .....

Happy Ending.....
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#23]
It is getting to the point these days that you can't even flip a guy off in traffic without someone trying to get out and drag you out of your car. Or they pull a knife or gun on you. People need to chill out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It is getting to the point these days that you can't even flip a guy off in traffic without someone trying to get out and drag you out of your car. Or they pull a knife or gun on you. People need to chill out.
View Quote

Here's a thought.  Stop flipping people off in traffic an you won't have to worry about the potential consequences.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:22:07 AM EDT
[#28]
When I took one of my choice classes the instructor stressed NOT to initiate things, ie, flipping people off.

I admit I've done and I've also jumped out of my car over stupid crap but haven't done so lately.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:39:28 AM EDT
[#29]
He choked him the fuck out

In aviation there is an appropriate term for this situation.....It's called "wind check"
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Guy should have tapped out.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Guy should have tapped out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:20:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...absolute TRUTH
....sometimes the gene pool flushes itself...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Guy I worked with when I lived in California was riding to a job site with me one day. I don't remember exactly what happened but the guy flipped off the driver of another car. I asked him to not do that while he was a passenger with me and that if anybody needed to be flipped off I would do it while driving my car or truck.

About two weeks later I went into our office and there was the same guy with a black eye. I asked him wtf happened. He told me that a guy driving a concrete truck cut him off. He got back in front of the guy and flipped him off.

2-3 miles later while at a red light he saw somebody walking up to his car in the side mirror on the drivers door. As he turned to see what was going on the concrete truck driver knocked the shit out of him.

He told me he had learned his lesson.

I know csb.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:07:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Good Choke.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#35]
The only negative I see here is that he didn't suffer more as he met his maker.....
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The only negative I see here is that he didn't suffer more as he met his maker.....
View Quote

It's not hard to choke someone out, and it doesn't take long before you'll pass out (about 6-8 seconds), but as someone who's been choked out a lot during practice, let me tell you...

It's NOT fun. Even when you see and know it's coming, it still sucks balls.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:08:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's not hard to choke someone out, and it doesn't take long before you'll pass out (about 6-8 seconds), but as someone who's been choked out a lot during practice, let me tell you...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An old friend of mine would 'hug' you.  Next thing you know, it's about 10 seconds later and you're starting to regain consciousness.  That was one of his ways of saying that he automatically got 'shotgun' in the truck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top