Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:31:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone know if this douche bag thief was regular at Houston Area shows?  About the only way middle eastern culture is superior to western culture is how they handle freaking thieves!
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:16:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I just heard from that he may also be LE. Can anyone confirm this?
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:57:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

So are you thinking he was turned loose? Is that why we can't find records of the arrest?
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#4]
No. I just heard this. Who knows.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's my understanding that he's retired LE, Fat...
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Waiting for a picture to be posted since I know most of the faces but not names.  Would also like to know how they caught him since I hear about so many guns stolen at these shows.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:51:44 AM EDT
[#7]
No, In federal custody currently. Bailed out of local and immediately re arrested by Feds. Was a reservist, not a regular cop, 15 years ago. And, apparently had fake credentials on him for another city when arrested. Awaiting to hear if they found my stolen sig rifle, searched his house Friday. So far three stolen guns recovered.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:03:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No, In federal custody currently. Bailed out of local and immediately re arrested by Feds. Was a reservist, not a regular cop, 15 years ago. And, apparently had fake credentials on him for another city when arrested. Awaiting to hear if they found my stolen sig rifle, searched his house Friday. So far three stolen guns recovered.
View Quote

For Christ Sake, just post the name already. The guy has been arrested by MULTIPLE agencies, there is no way he can claim libel at this point merely for having his name published.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:57:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

For Christ Sake, just post the name already. The guy has been arrested by MULTIPLE agencies, there is no way he can claim libel at this point merely for having his name published.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:36:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

+1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

+1 No shit. The suspense is killing me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Then why doesnt anyone??????????? I have sent name to several people here, seems even people who DONT have millions of dollars in inventory doesnt want to. you want to post it, send me an email, i will give it to you with a picture, be my guest! [email protected]...
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:26:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Send me a name and pic I'll post it
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:31:44 AM EDT
[#13]
On a side note. Did anyone notice Richard Banks didn't set up at Markey Hall this weekend?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:36:24 AM EDT
[#14]
CANT grab a pic off of my computer here, has to be direct email only
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#15]
bravo!
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Do you mean the Richard Banks that used to set up at a lot of the DFW shows? You mean the Richard Banks that sold all the black gun bags and some other items? Are you talking about the Richard Banks that always had multiple wall tables? Hmmm, he wasn't at Market Hall.......I wonder why?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Do you mean the Richard Banks that used to set up at a lot of the DFW shows? You mean the Richard Banks that sold all the black gun bags and some other items? Are you talking about the Richard Banks that always had multiple wall tables? Hmmm, he wasn't at Market Hall.......I wonder why?
View Quote

Wait, is this the Richard Banks that won a matching set of aluminum bracelets the other day??
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone got a photo of Dick Banks?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Sorry for the crappy pic.  I cropped and zoomed to be able to see the guy, and to exclude some innocent bystanders in the photo that mysteriously showed up in my inbox...

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sorry for the crappy pic.  I cropped and zoomed to be able to see the guy, and to exclude some innocent bystanders in the photo that mysteriously showed up in my inbox...

<a href="http://s860.photobucket.com/user/AJSully421/media/YoureBusted.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/AJSully421/YoureBusted.jpg</a>

View Quote

Oh that richard banks!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:15:45 AM EDT
[#21]
inside vendor rumor mill bullshite from Sunday Market hall show.

the thief's cousin works his tables and says the guy has been acting nutty for a while.

the thief is on a drug cocktail from too many doc's

theif is supposedly retired LEO.

the thief is NOT facing federal charges as the ATF said meh it's shoplifting!

while I generally trust the gun community, NEVER Trust a vendor at gun shows, swap meets, flea markets
or other gypsy type sales events. and as a vendor. I've been ripped off of 2 holsters, 3 boxes of ammo, 2 knives and a few other minor
table bait items. we're NOT Angels..

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:32:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
inside vendor rumor mill bullshite from Sunday Market hall show.

the thief's cousin works his tables and says the guy has been acting nutty for a while.

the thief is on a drug cocktail from too many doc's

theif is supposedly retired LEO.

the thief is NOT facing federal charges as the ATF said meh it's shoplifting!
while I generally trust the gun community, NEVER Trust a vendor at gun shows, swap meets, flea markets
or other gypsy type sales events. and as a vendor. I've been ripped off of 2 holsters, 3 boxes of ammo, 2 knives and a few other minor
table bait items. we're NOT Angels..

View Quote

Who issued the warrant for this guy's house?  And I agree, the best way for a thief to get access to merchandise is to pay the extra fee, get a table, and swipe goods before/after show hours - since so many fellow vendors are trusting.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

...theif is supposedly retired LEO...

View Quote

He is not retired LEO.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#24]
INCORRECT!
He is IN federal custody, and most certaining facing a multitude of federal charges, not just these. Whom ever told you different, cosuin etc is trying to minnimize what has happened. Correct not retired LE, rather a reservist 15 years ago for ONE year only I believe. Your remarks about vendors are offensive. I have displayed for 23 years and this is the first vendor i have seen caught, period. As a whole we are all hard working honest people, its the trash that comes in the shows that steals us blind, raising YOUR prices to cover our losses. My rifle was not recovered, my offer remains, if this person confesses whereabouts of my rifle I will not personally press charges.
sig 716 308 in flat dark earth, stolen from rodeo gun show three weekends ago. person arrested at mesquite big town mentioned above was buying magazines the next morning for a sig 308........had to have two of them........hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
INCORRECT!
He is IN federal custody, and most certaining facing a multitude of federal charges, not just these. Whom ever told you different, cosuin etc is trying to minnimize what has happened. Correct not retired LE, rather a reservist 15 years ago for ONE year only I believe. Your remarks about vendors are offensive. I have displayed for 23 years and this is the first vendor i have seen caught, period. As a whole we are all hard working honest people, its the trash that comes in the shows that steals us blind, raising YOUR prices to cover our losses. My rifle was not recovered, my offer remains, if this person confesses whereabouts of my rifle I will not personally press charges.
sig 716 308 in flat dark earth, stolen from rodeo gun show three weekends ago. person arrested at mesquite big town mentioned above was buying magazines the next morning for a sig 308........had to have two of them........hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
View Quote

As one of the big dealers, what is your annual shrinkage (theft)?  How often is your merchandise recovered?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sounds like there might be a good sell on Elite Tactical Gear at Market Hall, especially in the Northwest corner.
View Quote

buy one, get your previously stolen one back free???????
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#27]
well, usually two or so handguns a year, never a rifle... average, recvoery zero! This one bothers me and I am offering non prosecution if he admitts it, and, tells me HOW he accomplished this, it helps me not be angry with my crew, which is more valuable to me than the gun...:)
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:41:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Would you post the serial number?

Seems like it would be a rare gun, in FDE ect.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Don't see what it would hurt. Will do so In the morn from the office
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:40:53 AM EDT
[#30]
serial number is.............22C025508
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Not checking arfcom. Unpossible.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#33]
HAVE PASSED offer through the feds. Posted here so if person  who bought it visited boards, maybe they would see this...:)
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:46:32 PM EDT
[#34]
sadly, those days are over...Honesty isnt in peoples vocabulary these days.

Quoted:
Sad.  

I used to comment on the honesty of gun owners.

I could leave my 2000 buck Browning, right beside this old dude's 40k krieghoff special, go inside for lunch
And both of us never doubted both our guns would be there  when we came out of the clubhouse.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:58:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
INCORRECT!
View Quote

I don't know if it's too soon, but both PACER and the BOP locator come up empty when searching for a Richard Banks.  I don't think the BOP locator works on pre-trial inmates, but the complaint should be in PACER soon after the arrest, and there's nothing there.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:43:43 AM EDT
[#36]
If he becomes, or is an informant, there will be no arrest record. If he gives info his intake will he bypassed is my understanding.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If he becomes, or is an informant, there will be no arrest record.
View Quote

Major OPSEC fail right there.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top