Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2014 1:32:11 AM EDT

Anybody going? Planning on taking the FIL and a buddy of mine from Germany there.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:43:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I will be there on Saturday the 26th.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:43:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Ill be there working the show at SAW, its a smaller show but a decent one.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:55:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like we gonna be there sunday. Won't make it back to Spring Branch from DFW until late saturday.

I'll stop by the S.A.W. table. Want me to bring imitation crab meat? Fruit plate? Paper plates or a BFL on my shirt to ID me as an ARFCOMMER?
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll probably be there, just a 20 min drive or so.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 10:31:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Planning it on Saturday.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes saw inc will be there and guess what????? No obnoxious goofy looking weirdos at front  door yelling " better deals here"
LOL !!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Im going have a few rifles I need to unload
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im going have a few rifles I need to unload
View Quote

Whatcha got? Plan on going Saturday.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:55:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Still on for sunday. Enjoying the San Antonio weather right now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:18:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Just moved down here, used to the Nation's Gun Show up in NOVA. What's the scene like in Austin? Decent ammo prices? MILSURP stuff? Dealers? I didn't usually look for new guns because most dealers up there didn't cut any deals, but old military rifles, stripped lowers, LPKs, and surplus parts were my main pick. Just trying to see if there's anything worth heading out to see.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:08:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looks like we gonna be there sunday. Won't make it back to Spring Branch from DFW until late saturday.

I'll stop by the S.A.W. table. Want me to bring imitation crab meat? Fruit plate? Paper plates or a BFL on my shirt to ID me as an ARFCOMMER?
View Quote

CRAB MEAT!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:33:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Its mostly just dealers, or guys trying to buy your stuff half price so they can sell close to retail. (Avoid anybody in a cowboy hat.)
always thought about getting a table to sell the uppers i build, but I walk around and have done pretty good for the past 4 years, just trading and having fun with others.

As for what I have for sale or trade, pm me.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Its mostly just dealers, or guys trying to buy your stuff half price so they can sell close to retail. (Avoid anybody in a cowboy hat.)

View Quote

+1 on the vultures trying for quick flips...  I don't know how many times I've had to say "no, it isn't for sale, I just bought it"...  What I do nowdays is quote them a price a little above what I just paid...  "I'll take 400, I just paid $375, and I have to make some profit you know"...  that always pisses them off...  They don't like it if someone pushes their own game back on them.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

CRAB MEAT!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CRAB MEAT!

If you want real crab meat instead of the imitation stuff stop by the Cedar Park Farmer's Market (at Lakeline Mall near the Sears), there is a vendor there that brings it over from the gulf.  They usually have lump and claw meat, but you have to get there fairly early because they often sell out.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you want real crab meat instead of the imitation stuff stop by the Cedar Park Farmer's Market (at Lakeline Mall near the Sears), there is a vendor there that brings it over from the gulf.  They usually have lump and claw meat, but you have to get there fairly early because they often sell out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CRAB MEAT!

Whoosh! That was the GD joke that just went over your head. It's ok though, it's a crappy joke.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Whoosh! That was the GD joke that just went over your head. It's ok though, it's a crappy joke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CRAB MEAT!

Meh -- I stay out of GD as a general rule...  tends to be too much herp-derp over there.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#17]
How is the powder situation over there ?  I went a few months ago and it was nick knacks and beef jerkey.  I really need a particular powder.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How is the powder situation over there ?  I went a few months ago and it was nick knacks and beef jerkey.  I really need a particular powder.
View Quote

Kind of hard to say considering it's been several months since they've had a show there.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:45:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hit or miss, usually overpriced. I've found a decent deal every now and then.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

CRAB MEAT!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CRAB MEAT!

Paper plates or fruit plate?

Anyhoo, I'm gonna be there Sun, magpul t-shirt and ACU ball cap.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks like i'll be down there pushing Class 3.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:56:21 AM EDT
[#22]
I haven't been to a gun show in years.  I may have to change that since this is 5 miles from my house.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:09:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MY NINJA! Bring that ldub goodness for me please.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:10:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CRAB MEAT!

BONG!!! No idea i stay out of there as well.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:16:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CRAB MEAT!

BONG!!! No idea i stay out of there as well.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:52:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That UCIW is one gun I bring with me everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:48:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:13:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Looks like it's going to be a fun weekend!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:12:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Who all is going Saturday?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:28:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

shut up you noob
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:44:56 AM EDT
[#31]
I'll drag my son along with me on Saturday
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Lots of AR's, prices seem back to prepanic prices although the stripped lowers I saw were a little high I thought. Saw at least two tables with reloading stuff.  Ammo prices still high, but I don't think I've ever seen great prices on ammo at a gun show.  Even saw some 22lr ammo, but for $23/box CCI, they can choke on it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Lots of AR's, prices seem back to prepanic prices although the stripped lowers I saw were a little high I thought. Saw at least two tables with reloading stuff.  Ammo prices still high, but I don't think I've ever seen great prices on ammo at a gun show.  Even saw some 22lr ammo, but for $23/box CCI, they can choke on it.
View Quote

Man I thought 10 for cci pre panick was bad.  Any powder?
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:47:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't reload so I don't pay much attention to that stuff.  I did see I think one vendor in the main floor area and one in the concourse are with reloading/power stuff.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:04:18 PM EDT
[#35]
WC Armory was the powder vendor, had some good stuff, scored some TAC and 2230 at decent prices. They had good selection of Alliant as well. Made my day to score some powder.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Going tomorrow noon...
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:21:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Went yesterday afternoon. Not real crowded, scored 4 lbs of CFE Pistol powder.Alot of 22 ammo for sale but the  Neckbeards were selling 22 ammo $150 for a 1K rds. Talked with WC and pistol powder has been coming in just a couple pounds at a time, make no sense to me
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:00:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
WC Armory was the powder vendor, had some good stuff, scored some TAC and 2230 at decent prices. They had good selection of Alliant as well. Made my day to score some powder.
View Quote

+1 for wc armory. Good guy, prices are beyond fair. Only person with bcm charging handles for $35 and cmc trigger for 140! Always give him a few of my minutes. And lots of my money.

How was the show other wise? I have 2 psa chf dissapators and 2 chf Midlengths need to unload since the selma gun show was a dwop. And texasguntraders are being cheap. Is it worth making the hour trip from bulverde to cedar park?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

+1 for wc armory. Good guy, prices are beyond fair. Only person with bcm charging handles for $35 and cmc trigger for 140! Always give him a few of my minutes. And lots of my money.

How was the show other wise? I have 2 psa chf dissapators and 2 chf Midlengths need to unload since the selma gun show was a dwop. And texasguntraders are being cheap. Is it worth making the hour trip from bulverde to cedar park?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw people walking around yesterday with guns for sale, didn't really hear anyone stopping them to ask about what they were selling.  There was a lot of AR stuff there including several dealers selling complete uppers.  And the show wasn't nearly as crowded as I thought it would be considering there is no more SAXET in Austin and this show hasn't been here since December.  The big show will be at Freeman in San Antonio on May 31st/June 1st if you don't make it up to Cedar Park.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Just back, pretty much what others reported.  WC and the guy outside the arena had powder/ primers.  Ammo still high.  Not crowded at all!
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:27:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Went Saturday, and had to force myself not to pick up one of those Come And Take It FDE billet lowers for $120, pretty cool. Looked really hard at a Just Right Carbine in 45, but decided to pass on it at $700. S.A.W had two Sig P210s that were gorgeous, but the lowest priced one was 2100 bucks, so WAY out of my price range. All I got was a coupla t-shirts from the table on the concourse.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:12:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Went sunday. Found me a few parts, a lower kit and of course beef jerky.

Nice little gunshow I think.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top