Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2013 9:27:49 PM EDT
From HKPro.com

Fellow Dallas residents, write the Mayor. I have already written him to express my disgust in his comments and inform him that he not be receiving my vote next election. I also stated that I would inform as many Dallas pro-2A residents that I can.

Article:
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/columnist...trol-agenda.ece

Email page for the mayor to contact him:

E-Mail to Mayor Mike Rawlings, City of Dallas
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 10:07:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Our own Golden Boy™ also favors another AWB...

How could you not trust this face?
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 5:34:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Mike Rawlings is a nice guy. Fun to talk to and a decent person which is rare in politics. He is also an ultra-liberal from New England. I think he's from Boston, went to college there too if I recall and carries that liberal government mindset with him. Some of the things he has done for the city are great, like running the homeless out of downtown(sort of) and over to a new homeless center called "The Bridge".

The gun control thing is pretty silly because Dallas has some of the most obscure loophole laws that allow for illegal carry of firearms inside the city limits. I had police officers tell me that the District Attorney will not prosecute "unlawful carry" or "discharge" cases unless the officers personally witness the gun being fired. Warm barrels and spent shells do not count. The detectives will just circular file the paperwork. No teeth.

If Dallas wants to crack the whip on idiots carrying guns then pass some ordinances with teeth forbidding in clear cut language something that can be prosecuted. For the patrol officers and even the headquarters staff at each division, the laws are too obscure.

People that break the laws screw it up for everyone else. People who hunt in city parks for instance, piss me off. There are plenty of these recreational poachers in city parks who shoot anything they come across. Using mostly high powered pellet rifles they know that most people will not call the police when confronted. Brazen, ballsy, arrogant and flat stupid, they wander around shooting in parks that back up to homes, onto bike/jogging paths and playgrounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwuR6rStaec

The guys above did all that. Arrogant, rude, brazen. Pissed me off as they were shooting at songbirds in a park. Muzzle sweeping me a bunch of times with their pellet rifle pissed me off even more. There are very few things worse for a poacher than an angry responsible hunter who knows all the laws and won't listen to a second of their BS.
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 6:12:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Mike Rawlings is a nice guy...

People that break the laws screw it up for everyone else...

Mike Rawlings is NOT a nice guy
There are NO nice guy anti-gunners.

The anti-gunners have no intentions of separating the law abiding gun owners from those who break the law using guns.
They want to take ALL guns from everyone.

Dallas gun owners should call, e-mail or even visit his office and voice their opinion on this matter.
And most definitely vote him out of office.
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 6:32:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Mike Rawlings is a nice guy.

I generally don't refer to people that disrespect civil rights as "nice." Fuck that guy.

Link Posted: 5/5/2013 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The anti-gunners have no intentions of separating the law abiding gun owners from those who break the law using guns.

Dallas gun owners should call, e-mail or even visit his office and voice their opinion on this matter.

The Dallas form of government neuters the elected Mayor from doing anything on their own. In Dallas, the City Manager and professional civil employees run the city. The Mayor only gets one vote, in a 14-1 system where a city councilpeople get the an equal vote on par with the mayor. The City Council is a dysfunctional organization that cannot accomplish much.

A such, the Mayor and city council can merely dictate policy. They hand it off to the City Manager who is supposed to make the "policy" a reality. The Mayor just shows up for luncheons, ribbon cuttings and kisses babies. Dallas will never address gun violence or guns in general. They don't have ordinances on the books of any kind to even enforce firearms inside the city limits. The only laws that are easy to enforce are ordinances for shooting firearms at Lake Ray Hubbard.

The Dallas Citizens Council runs the city. A large group of businessmen from Dallas, they hold the purse strings and tell people how high they want them to jump.

http://www.dallascitizenscouncil.org/

These people will bury you if you get in their way.

Mike Rawlings became mayor because he was able to pay for the Southern Dallas vote, using enormous monetary donations to South Dallas African American ministers. The ministers in turn take their flock to the polls in buses after church, they all vote the same way.

Like I said, Mike Rawlings is a nice guy, I know him personally, some of his kids, I go to the same church and have known him since I was a kid. He has no real power to do anything.

Link Posted: 5/5/2013 7:34:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd have to agree, but then I'm pretty much a one criteria voter these days...and it's nott how 'nice a guy' somebody who want's to take our guns is...because the poor baby is a yankee transplant. .

Link Posted: 5/5/2013 7:53:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Dallas is now a liberal city in a liberal county. The mayor represents that base. With a largely worthless citizenry of FSA'ers, Gimmiedat oompa-loompas and a haven, an absolute haven sanctuary for criminal illegal aliens, there is no hope. Some of you think there is hope. There is none. Dallas as a great city is now something in the history books. It is no longer that and never will be again. I'd compare the decay to that of Detroit, you can call if Detroit on the Prairie, I guess.

I'm not sure why you guys are even worked up about this. Maybe you don't know that Dallas has already been flushed down the toilet and sold off long ago. Corruption and fraud runs rampant through city hall in the professional ranks.

People ride Austinite's asses for being ultra-lib. I think Dallas is far worse with the sheer number of residents who are just government leeches, cradle to grave.
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 8:06:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dallas is now a liberal city in a liberal county. The mayor represents that base. With a largely worthless citizenry of FSA'ers, Gimmiedat oompa-loompas and a haven, an absolute haven sanctuary for criminal illegal aliens, there is no hope. Some of you think there is hope. There is none. Dallas as a great city is now something in the history books. It is no longer that and never will be again. I'd compare the decay to that of Detroit, you can call if Detroit on the Prairie, I guess.

I'm not sure why you guys are even worked up about this. Maybe you don't know that Dallas has already been flushed down the toilet and sold off long ago. Corruption and fraud runs rampant through city hall in the professional ranks.

People ride Austinite's asses for being ultra-lib. I think Dallas is far worse with the sheer number of residents who are just government leeches, cradle to grave.

This.

You've still got a few decent pockets, but the rest is circling the drain.
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Dallas form of government neuters the elected Mayor from doing anything on their own. In Dallas, the City Manager and professional civil employees run the city. The Mayor only gets one vote, in a 14-1 system where a city councilpeople get the an equal vote on par with the mayor. The City Council is a dysfunctional organization that cannot accomplish much.

A such, the Mayor and city council can merely dictate policy. They hand it off to the City Manager who is supposed to make the "policy" a reality. The Mayor just shows up for luncheons, ribbon cuttings and kisses babies. Dallas will never address gun violence or guns in general. They don't have ordinances on the books of any kind to even enforce firearms inside the city limits. The only laws that are easy to enforce are ordinances for shooting firearms at Lake Ray Hubbard.

The Dallas Citizens Council runs the city. A large group of businessmen from Dallas, they hold the purse strings and tell people how high they want them to jump.

Mike Rawlings became mayor because he was able to pay for the Southern Dallas vote, using enormous monetary donations to South Dallas African American ministers. The ministers in turn take their flock to the polls in buses after church, they all vote the same way.

Like I said, Mike Rawlings is a nice guy, I know him personally, some of his kids, I go to the same church and have known him since I was a kid. He has no real power to do anything.

Whatever. Fuck Mike Rawlings
He is a POS.
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone have a live link? The above link is dead and I can't find the article...

Thanks

ETA: Got It

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/columnists/todd-j-gillman/20130118-dallas-mayor-rawlings-says-he-s-all-in-on-obama-s-gun-control-agenda.ece

Snippets:

WASHINGTON — Mike Rawlings, mayor of Dallas and gun owner, is endorsing the president’s demand for a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines. He’s especially keen on universal background checks for gun buyers.

“We already say we can’t own Stinger rockets. So the question is where does the line go? And the line being at semi-automatics is the right place,” Rawlings said Friday over breakfast two blocks from the White House. “The proposals that the president has put on the table are solid, and I support them. … We’re going to have to throw everything against the wall.”

“Which side am I on in this thing? I’m on the side of universal background checks and minimizing these magazines. This is a common sense approach,” he said. “I’m most passionate about magazines. There’s no reason for a 30-round magazine. What the right number is, I don’t know.”

Link Posted: 5/5/2013 11:50:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having seen his comments, let me rebut your statement:

He's not a "nice guy" - he's just another worthless anti-gun, anti-freedom piece of shit working to strip citizens of "his" city of the rights they have left.

Just because some petty little wanna-be tyrant doesn't yet have the power they need to force their agenda down our throats doesn't mean that they get a pass. If "he has no real power to do anything", then he should keep is trap shut, smile, and wave like the figurehead you make him out to be. He's obviously trying to either influence policy or draw attention to himself and consolidate power. Given his stance and statement, I find neither of those options to be acceptable.

Every one of these anti-gun fuckstick politicians started out small but thanks to folks like you turning the other cheek "because he's a nice guy", they just keep on growing like a cancer until they DO have the power to make their twisted plans a reality. These pieces of shit need to be called out as the traitors they are and shunned in every aspect of their lives.

It's what you choose to stand for that defines you, not whether or not someone else has the power to stop you. Just because he's been temporarily checked doesn't make his agenda any less repugnant or treasonous. From his numerous comments, it's obvious where he stands and it's not on the side of the Constitution. That makes him a traitor in thought, word, and deed.

Go ahead and have lunch with the "nice guy", as for me and mine, we will oppose traitors and those who stand with them.

Fuck him and the subway he rode in on.

Link Posted: 5/5/2013 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#13]
While it is true that the Mayor has less power in the council-manager form of government he is not a figurehead. The Mayor sets the agenda and runs all the meetings. The City Manager does run the city but the Council can fire him. A smart, charismatic Mayor (or one willing to get dirt on the other council members) can always muster a majority vote to fire the Manager if he doesn't do their bidding. You can't do this on every issue but on big issues it works. The Mayor also has the public podium since he is perceived by the Media and the public and the leader. He gets most of the face time on TV. It's a job much like the Governor of Texas, on paper it looks pretty weak but someone willing to work the system can be pretty powerful.

As previously stated, it's no surprise coming from Dallas. Very left wing over there in Dallas County. I wonder how long it's going to be before Tarrant County goes the same way?
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Having seen his comments, let me rebut your statement:

He's not a "nice guy" - he's just another worthless anti-gun, anti-freedom piece of shit working to strip citizens of "his" city of the rights they have left.

Just because some petty little wanna-be tyrant doesn't yet have the power they need to force their agenda down our throats doesn't mean that they get a pass. If "he has no real power to do anything", then he should keep is trap shut, smile, and wave like the figurehead you make him out to be. He's obviously trying to either influence policy or draw attention to himself and consolidate power. Given his stance and statement, I find neither of those options to be acceptable.

Every one of these anti-gun fuckstick politicians started out small but thanks to folks like you turning the other cheek "because he's a nice guy", they just keep on growing like a cancer until they DO have the power to make their twisted plans a reality. These pieces of shit need to be called out as the traitors they are and shunned in every aspect of their lives.

It's what you choose to stand for that defines you, not whether or not someone else has the power to stop you. Just because he's been temporarily checked doesn't make his agenda any less repugnant or treasonous. From his numerous comments, it's obvious where he stands and it's not on the side of the Constitution. That makes him a traitor in thought, word, and deed.

Go ahead and have lunch with the "nice guy", as for me and mine, we will oppose traitors and those who stand with them.

Fuck him and the subway he rode in on.

WELL SAID!!!

Link Posted: 5/5/2013 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Since you root in the same trough as Mike Rawlings, please show him the posts here and let him know what gun owners think of him.
He's lost a lot of votes today.

Link Posted: 5/5/2013 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
From HKPro.com

Fellow Dallas residents, write the Mayor. I have already written him to express my disgust in his comments and inform him that he not be receiving my vote next election. I also stated that I would inform as many Dallas pro-2A residents that I can.

Article:
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/columnist...trol-agenda.ece

Email page for the mayor to contact him:

E-Mail to Mayor Mike Rawlings, City of Dallas

Dallas voted for Obama.  Nothing new here.
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 4:56:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Rawlings is a dipstick,

thankfully Texas has a preemption law:

LGC 229.001

Link Posted: 5/5/2013 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I did not like the former Mayor Tom Leppert because he just parroted the RNC talking points. I'm a huge conservative and Leppert made me sick to my stomach with his robotic pandering towards an invisible Republican base. I wondered why in the hell he would talk about national platform issues at city hall, like Iraq and Afghanistan. Turns out he was grooming himself for a US Senate run. Rawlings is probably doing the same.

Dallas is a screwed up town, man.
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

This. As if all the prior Mayors for the past 2 decades were not all in for gun control, + the rampant corruption of the city council, DISD, Commissioners court, etc. All of whom have had members convicted in recent years with many active investigations and more indictments to come.

Link Posted: 5/5/2013 9:34:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Kind of like threats from North Korea...

Riiiiiiiight.
Link Posted: 5/6/2013 8:16:30 AM EDT
[#21]
I have worked in Dallas for 29 years now and I'm on the countdown to retirement (10 months). I live in Tarrant County and love the different attitudes in that area. I always tell people to set their watch back 50 years when crossing from Dallas to Fort Worth. The liberal leadership and corruption in this toilet of a city will be it's undoing. I can see Dallas turning into another Detroit in the next 10 years if things don't change. I will not purchase gas or stay in hotels in Dallas so as not to contribute to their economy, nor do I travel  to Dallas on my off time. What was once a cool place to live and call home is now a embarrassment that I look forward to putting in my rear view for good next year.
Link Posted: 5/6/2013 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/7494/juliancastro.jpg

Or his twin brother... Congressman Castro?

Link Posted: 5/6/2013 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/7494/juliancastro.jpg

That Marxist SOB will walk you to the showers and shovel you into the ovens with that sly grin on that face...
Link Posted: 5/6/2013 9:47:07 AM EDT
[#24]
the Progressives took control of Dallas 20 years ago and have done nothing but grow their power since.

very glad I no longer pay taxes there and can at least get an audience in the little Serfdom I am in today..and we're doing our
best to make that 20 year lifetime panel removed next election cycle.

Dems are determined to turn Dallas navy blue next election cycle..stop em where you can
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top