Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2013 2:59:28 PM EDT
Hey All,

I was in the right place at right time on Thursday.  I was meeting with another ARFCOM member a couple of exits up Hwy 290 and decided to check out Gander Mountain on the way back into Houston.

The delivery for ammo had just hit, and they had .22lr on the shelf. Awesome!  I am helping my son's Boy Scout Troop with some shooting training and events, and they have had a heck of time finding .22lr.  So Boy Scouts need it, Gander Mountain has it, and I have cash in pocket.  Sounds like a win-win-win eh??

However the store was limiting customers to ONE 100 round box per person period...  

But never fear, where there is a will, there is a way.  

I made the first purchase normally,

Then went out to the car, took off my glasses and put on a hat and hit up another counter person and checked out with a different cashier for box 2.  

Then figuring I should go for 3 in a row, I went back out to car, switched into a different shirt and hat, and made run #3 in my different "disguise" to a different counterperson and cashier to get that third box trying to get some of the .22lr ammo needed for next BSA event.

What is it coming to when people have to disguise themselves and sneak back through the lines just to buy a few boxes of .22lr?

Surprisingly, they did have many boxes of .223 on the shelves (American Eagle & Remington) .  Prices were in the $9.50 - $10 per box of 20.   The girl at the counter didn't know that MC = FMJ and when I opened a box to show her, she remarked it looked just like 5.56 ammo...   I let her know that they were interchangeable for all practical purposes...   How do they have people working the gun counter who don't know that?

Would be telling customers, "No, we must be all out of 9mm parabellum because I don't see any.  We just have boxes of 9mm luger left on the shelf...)

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Good effort for the scouts. Glad you did it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Good hussle!!

Now if I could find some 22lr locally.....  Down to 2k and I have a couple of 22 rifles on order for the kiddo.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Good hussle!!

Now if I could find some 22lr locally.....  Down to 2k and I have a couple of 22 rifles on order for the kiddo.

Google Champions Choice. Like most everybody else, they don't have squat in stock. However they will let you backorder. I backordered 1000 rounds of Wolf MT on Wednesday night. Got shipping notice today. The shipped price for the 1000 rounds was less than 120.00. The last time I bought it at the Cabelas in Ft Worth, it was about 110.00 with tax.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top