Site Notices
10/24/2014 2:42:22 PM
Author
We're Clever but we're clueless...
Posted: 4/15/2012 7:20:33 PM
Flying down to Texas for an interview in Georgetown Texas. Sounds pretty interesting. Thoughts on the Georgetown/Round Rock area?

Schools? Property values? Crime? Ect?

Thanks!
PFC-Demon: Thomas Jefferson taught me that sometimes you gotta shoot a motherfucker in the face with a rifle.
DangerJ: Apparently you have to respect the diversity of this company and the fact that some dudes just like to jerk off into packed lunches.
electrojk
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/15/2012 9:09:08 PM
Round Rock is one of the safest cities its size in the USA. Georgetown is safe too, has more retirees and is the county seat.
"It doesn't surprise me you question everything the goverment says. What are you, a God damn communist or one of those hair-head pot-smoking fucking hippies?" Lumpy196
PantherArms762
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/15/2012 9:21:20 PM
Originally Posted By electrojk:
Round Rock is one of the safest cities its size in the USA. Georgetown is safe too, has more retirees and is the county seat.

Looks like housing prices are reasonable. No way you get 2800sq/ft and a half acre for $165k in KC.

Stable market?
PFC-Demon: Thomas Jefferson taught me that sometimes you gotta shoot a motherfucker in the face with a rifle.
DangerJ: Apparently you have to respect the diversity of this company and the fact that some dudes just like to jerk off into packed lunches.
SoftwareJanitor
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/15/2012 9:53:33 PM
Originally Posted By PantherArms762:

Looks like housing prices are reasonable. No way you get 2800sq/ft and a half acre for $165k in KC.

Stable market?

The market appears to be bottomed out unless the economy as a whole takes another big dive.
CFII
Zipper-Suited Sun God
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/15/2012 9:55:43 PM
Like I posted in the other thread, Round Rock is awesome. I would live there in a hearbeat. Safe and clean, and its close enough to Austin.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
DonofKalifornia
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/15/2012 10:17:30 PM

Stable market?

Very stable, my house has actually gone up in value since I bought it in '07. Best part is all the representatives from Williamson county are conservatives.

alias2
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/15/2012 10:35:29 PM
[Last Edit: 4/15/2012 10:45:00 PM by alias2]
It's Williamson Co. and they take a tougher stance towards crime. You have all the good ranges to shoot on there too.
Buford
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/15/2012 10:57:09 PM
[Last Edit: 4/15/2012 10:57:50 PM by Buford]

Stable market?

I don't know where you found that deal but you should jump on it. I've been in the area since 1984. Can't really see myself living anywhere else. I can't imagine you wouldn't like it.
PantherArms762
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/15/2012 11:20:07 PM
[Last Edit: 4/15/2012 11:21:30 PM by PantherArms762]
Originally Posted By Buford:

Stable market?

I don't know where you found that deal but you should jump on it. I've been in the area since 1984. Can't really see myself living anywhere else. I can't imagine you wouldn't like it.

Here's one I saw but not the one on half acre. Not sure where that one was. I must have looked at a 100 houses today in Georgetown, Round Rock and Cedar something or other.

http://www.trulia.com/property/1086989736-University-Park-1913-Ashberry-Trl-Georgetown-TX-78626

Do all you crazy texans have shrubbery in your driveway?
centex_SR-15
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/15/2012 11:29:07 PM
Don't know if it matters to you, but the Williamson County Sherriff won't sign off on NFA. Travis County will.
prossound
DisMembered
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/16/2012 8:24:28 AM
Round Rock PD will sign. great area to live in and a great stance on crime.
Texas CHL instructo
NRA Instructor
Glock Armorer
PantherArms762
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/16/2012 9:19:14 AM
Originally Posted By prossound:

Is round rock in Williamson?
centex_SR-15
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/16/2012 9:32:17 AM
Yes. RR, GT, Leander, Cedar Park, Liberty Hill, Seward Juntion, are all in Williamson County.
Dynamo
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/16/2012 10:46:33 AM
Originally Posted By centex_SR-15:
Don't know if it matters to you, but the Williamson County Sherriff won't sign off on NFA. Travis County will.

Travis County Sheriff is a democrat too. Go figure.
SoftwareJanitor
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/16/2012 12:07:24 PM

Just go the trust route, it is better anyway.
rrflyer
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/16/2012 8:12:54 PM
One of my best buddies lives in round rock...its a great place.

Close to liberty hill range, STI, and Larue!

Plus theres tons of piggies and deer about.
TRYG
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/16/2012 9:18:51 PM
Flying down to Texas for an interview in Georgetown Texas. Sounds pretty interesting. Thoughts on the Georgetown/Round Rock area?

Thanks!

I moved to RR about 4.5 years ago. Good town though watch out where you buy. I bought a new house in a new developement only to find out most of the properties around me were rentals. Over the last 3 years a whole lot of shit moved in and is destroying the area. If you have kids make sure they dont end up at Stoney Point. Also dont let the prices lure you in... You really get what you pay for down here. They are throwing up houses in a matter of weeks and it shows in the quality.
TRYG
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/16/2012 9:21:17 PM
Originally Posted By TRYG:

Thanks!

I moved to RR about 4.5 years ago. Good town though watch out where you buy. I bought a new house in a new developement only to find out most of the properties around me were rentals. Over the last 3 years a whole lot of shit moved in and is destroying the area. If you have kids make sure they dont end up at Stoney Point. Also dont let the prices lure you in... You really get what you pay for down here. They are throwing up houses in a matter of weeks and it shows in the quality.

I dont want to sound bad on this so I want to clarify.

I love the area but I wish I had rented for a while and spent a little more time looking around.
xile
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/17/2012 9:57:35 AM
Originally Posted By prossound:

Round Rock wouldn't sign for a suppressor at least as of a couple years ago. Although maybe that has changed. I've seen Wilco sign for SBR.
dutchman74
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/17/2012 11:16:55 PM
Originally Posted By Dynamo:

Travis County Sheriff is a democrat too. Go figure.

Liberal Black Sheriff of Travis County signs off on all NFA. Conservative White Sheriff of Wilco doesn't.
KalihiJack
rabble rabble rabble
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/18/2012 6:48:01 PM
Originally Posted By TRYG:

Thanks!

Thanks. Any other areas/streets to avoid?
Originally Posted By PlaneJane:
I always endeavored to limit myself to any two out of the three at any given time