Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2012 3:20:33 PM EDT
Flying down to Texas for an interview in Georgetown Texas. Sounds pretty interesting. Thoughts on the Georgetown/Round Rock area?

Schools? Property values? Crime? Ect?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Round Rock is one of the safest cities its size in the USA. Georgetown is safe too, has more retirees and is the county seat.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Round Rock is one of the safest cities its size in the USA. Georgetown is safe too, has more retirees and is the county seat.

Looks like housing prices are reasonable. No way you get 2800sq/ft and a half acre for $165k in KC.

Stable market?
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like housing prices are reasonable. No way you get 2800sq/ft and a half acre for $165k in KC.

Stable market?

The market appears to be bottomed out unless the economy as a whole takes another big dive.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stable market?

Very stable, my house has actually gone up in value since I bought it in '07. Best part is all the representatives from Williamson county are conservatives.

Link Posted: 4/15/2012 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#6]
It's Williamson Co. and they take a tougher stance towards crime. You have all the good ranges to shoot on there too.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 6:57:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stable market?

I don't know where you found that deal but you should jump on it. I've been in the area since 1984.  Can't really see myself living anywhere else.  I can't imagine you wouldn't like it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stable market?

I don't know where you found that deal but you should jump on it. I've been in the area since 1984.  Can't really see myself living anywhere else.  I can't imagine you wouldn't like it.

Here's one I saw but not the one on half acre. Not sure where that one was. I must have looked at a 100 houses today in Georgetown, Round Rock  and Cedar something or other.

http://www.trulia.com/property/1086989736-University-Park-1913-Ashberry-Trl-Georgetown-TX-78626

Do all you crazy texans have shrubbery in your driveway?
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't know if it matters to you, but the Williamson County Sherriff won't sign off on NFA.   Travis County will.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:24:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Round Rock PD will sign. great area to live in and a great stance on crime.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:19:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Is round rock in Williamson?
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:32:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes.  RR, GT, Leander,  Cedar Park, Liberty Hill, Seward Juntion, are all in Williamson County.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 6:46:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Don't know if it matters to you, but the Williamson County Sherriff won't sign off on NFA.   Travis County will.

Travis County Sheriff is a democrat too.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Just go the trust route, it is better anyway.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 4:12:54 PM EDT
[#15]
One of my best buddies lives in round rock...its a great place.

Close to liberty hill range, STI, and Larue!

Plus theres tons of piggies and deer about.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Flying down to Texas for an interview in Georgetown Texas. Sounds pretty interesting. Thoughts on the Georgetown/Round Rock area?

Thanks!

I moved to RR about 4.5 years ago. Good town though watch out where you buy. I bought a new house in a new developement only to find out most of the properties around me were rentals. Over the last 3 years a whole lot of shit moved in and is destroying the area. If you have kids make sure they dont end up at Stoney Point. Also dont let the prices lure you in... You really get what you pay for down here. They are throwing up houses in a matter of weeks and it shows in the quality.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

I moved to RR about 4.5 years ago. Good town though watch out where you buy. I bought a new house in a new developement only to find out most of the properties around me were rentals. Over the last 3 years a whole lot of shit moved in and is destroying the area. If you have kids make sure they dont end up at Stoney Point. Also dont let the prices lure you in... You really get what you pay for down here. They are throwing up houses in a matter of weeks and it shows in the quality.

I dont want to sound bad on this so I want to clarify.

I love the area but I wish I had rented for a while and spent a little more time looking around.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 5:57:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Round Rock wouldn't sign for a suppressor at least as of a couple years ago.  Although maybe that has changed.  I've seen Wilco sign for SBR.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Travis County Sheriff is a democrat too.  Go figure.

Liberal Black Sheriff of Travis County signs off on all NFA. Conservative  White Sheriff of Wilco doesn't.
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Thanks.  Any other areas/streets to avoid?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top