Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 8/24/2011 4:01:11 PM EDT
OK, all. It's on.  This will take place at Mickey's Range.  We'll start at 10AM and we play till just before sundown.  In this thread please respond if you are coming out, and who you are bringing.  There s a nominal range fee of $20 per family/car for non-key masters.  This is for all day.

RANGE RULES & ETIQUETTE

1. Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction
2. Keep your trigger finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot
3. Assume all guns are loaded all of the time
4. Be sure of your backdrop
5. When a cease fire is called, you will cease fire
6. If you want to touch someone's firearm, ask for permission
7. If you want to shoot someone's firearm, ask for permission, provide your own ammo, let the owner see the ammo
8. If you have never fired full auto, ask for instruction from the owner
9. Firing from the firing lines is good.  Any other direction is bad, and not tolerated
10. Clean up after yourself

Failure to follow these rules can lead to the removal of the shooter from the premises

At this time I am asking for a couple of volunteers to act as rotating Range Officers so everybody can shoot safely.

STUFF THAT WE NEED

Since this is not a public range, I am asking that everyone please bring a trashbag and help keep it clean.

If anyone has some mosquito netting to put down to collects brass that is appreciated.

If you plan on bringing food and drink, please respond with your name and what you are bringing.  The last time we did this we had BBQ.

October is the latter rainy season for North Texas, and while we havent seen much, we are still at the mercy of mother nature, so if you have portable canopies, it would be awesome if you bring them

If anyone has some ideas, please share.

IN

Delta
saigamanTX - Range Nazi
Warhawk
TheRocketmac
ricor
EL_TIRADOR  
Jarhead_22
1IV +4
bigkracka + 1 1/2
redcanine
rougue007 +people
bigcbass
TX_Patriot
FALARAK
Blackwind
rollingtrouble13
crescentwrenchninja +1
NimmerMehr
hondaciv
Chris1836
BlueCord

MAYBE

GENESMITH
d13s3l
DasBulk
peekay
Rotors-R-Cool
South_Side_Shooter
Gopher
BCV
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I may in for this.  Wont know more until the date gets closer.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:42:42 AM EDT
[#2]
"TAG"

As of now, I plan on being there. (Unless my work schedule changes.)

I'm sure I can talk my wife into making some empanada & sho pao to bring along. (food, everyone will love it!!)

Unsure if I'm bringing anyone along or not. I'll have to check with my wife as we get closer.

Is there a deadline on when you need this info?

Thanks for doing all the leg work to make this happen.

Gene
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 11:54:52 AM EDT
[#3]
No real deadline.  Just sometime before the event.
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I will be there  hopefully unless my schedule changes at work

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Bump!  6 Saturdays away!
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Is this the place by the river?
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Ill be there and If we are short range officers I can help for a bit.
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 9:12:53 PM EDT
[#8]
tag - gotta ck work & on-call schedule
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm in, probably just me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2011 12:18:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is this the place by the river?

Yes, next to the van down by the river
Link Posted: 9/5/2011 7:55:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd like to join in: Rico Rossi
Link Posted: 9/5/2011 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#12]
90% Sure that Im in.
I might be involuntary volunteered to work that Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/5/2011 1:42:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I've never been to Mickey's range and don't have any real idea where it is. Can I get a general geographic reference?
Link Posted: 9/5/2011 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I've never been to Mickey's range and don't have any real idea where it is. Can I get a general geographic reference?

Pm incoming.

Link Posted: 9/6/2011 12:01:24 AM EDT
[#15]
+1 (maybe +2 if Mrs. TheRocketmac feels like it).  I just need to make sure I'm not working that day (won't know for a while).
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 6:24:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Again, gonna miss it.  Will be in South Dakota killing critters for a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 9:25:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

^^^ This ^^^  Also, I'm likely in!
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Tag.

Did Mickey change the rules?  Whats all this about firing lines and cease fires?
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 12:55:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Well we have to set up targets, that means we have to stop shooting at some point.  Hence the cease fires.

The firing lines exist because there will be more than the normal group out there.  Many of them havent been out there.
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#21]
It is on Beltline Rd. between 45 and 175.  From downtown Dallas take 45 south, go under 20 and about 4 miles later exit Beltline and make a left.  Go about 2 or 3 miles and it is on your right, right before the Trinity River.  Look for the gate with the Obama picture.  

I will be there and bring some fun posties.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 3:19:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Tag  
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 6:37:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Chalk me down as a definite maybe

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 7:59:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It is on Beltline Rd. between 45 and 175.  From downtown Dallas take 45 south, go under 20 and about 4 miles later exit Beltline and make a left.  Go about 2 or 3 miles and it is on your right, right before the Trinity River.  Look for the gate with the Obama picture.  

I will be there and bring some fun posties.

<<<IN>>>
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 10:03:27 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll try my best to make it.  Never been before.  Can I get a PM of the location?
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Put me down as a MAYBE
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Put me down as a maybe depending on what happens in the real world between now and then.

We have all seen some things at the Hun farm and at Ralph's Range that were uncomfortable to say the least and if nothing else down right scarey.(night shoot on the river for one)  We all want to get together and have a good time but the last thing we as gun owners or members of this site need is an incident that makes the media. Range officers and a good buddy check system while on the line will be a must.   We want to have fun but every body wants to go home too.
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 2:34:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Darn. I'm going to be a week late for this.
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 6:41:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If anyone has some mosquito netting to put down to collects brass that is appreciated.

Why?

I thought Mickey didn't care about brass left behind.

And this probably should not have to be said, but Mickey has a strict no alcohol policy at his "range".
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 7:24:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

And this probably should not have to be said, but Mickey has a strict no alcohol policy at his "range".

Some folks like to reload.  Also, it would be courteous to pick up after yourself, especially targets.
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

It makes it easier to clean up after ourselves.  I didnt know that Mickey does care about loose brass, I do it as a courtesy, not to mention if there are going to a a bit of C3 going on, there will probably be more brass than normal on the range.
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks Tboy and FAIL-SAFE.  I will try to make it.

Also, there was talk about a group gathering for key holders in May I believe.  Did that ever happen?  I am seriously search impaired.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 5:58:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Im IN!!

*edit* - hey how is the ingress/egress/parking situation?  i need to make sure i not going to be expected to drive a corvette off road
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Dang - working
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Im IN!!

*edit* - hey how is the ingress/egress/parking situation?  i need to make sure i not going to be expected to drive a corvette off road

I've seen a Corvette make it in and out of Mickeys once; I honestly didn't think he would make it - but he had no issues (but it was many years ago).

Put myself +1 down for a definite maybe - since I don't know if the NE CWA/IBEW unions will be back on strike starting 9/28.  If they don't go back out, count me in.
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 10:16:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Im in as a 90% go, 10% no go! I can bring food or contribute money for it... just pm me to let me know with directions please!
Link Posted: 9/11/2011 7:55:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Im IN!!

Honestly, I would not attempt to bring the vette in.  There's a hill you have to navigate that is relatively steep and you will likely impact the nose in the ground at the bottom, coming or going.  And, the ground is so dry and hard right now, there is no "give" at all, not to mention some pretty heavy gravel/rock on the road.  You could possibly enter the property and park up on the berm and walk or hitch a ride from there, but I would plan on driving something else.  Not sure what you have, but C4's, C5's and C6's are just too low in the front to take a chance and C3's have way too much nose in front of the wheels to risk it.  My opinion, for what it's worth, and I've owned a couple vettes.

Link Posted: 9/11/2011 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Me, Mel CHLMama, and  Mischa, are in,

Directions please:

I have folding tables, Chairs, easy up, and portable BBQ....
Link Posted: 9/11/2011 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#40]
We are gonna have some NFA toys right?
Link Posted: 9/11/2011 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm in, bringing the wife and maybe a friend.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 5:54:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You guys are coming with me as my guests...
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys are coming with me as my guests...

Maybe it will turn into a HTF gun show.  BTW, nice sig line.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Count me in.
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm in!

Bringing a few toys for people to play with..... Also I'll bring a few people with me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2011 4:12:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Tagging.

Is there anything to shoot at out there?

Anyone have any falling pepper poppers?  It would be fun to set up a pistol and shotgun side match for $5 buy-ins
Link Posted: 9/17/2011 7:08:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Is there anything to shoot at out there?

Honestly it really depends on conditions.  Without getting into too much detail on a public forum, sometime there are plenty of naturally occuring targets provided and other times there are not.

I have been a keyholder for years and my personal favorite targets are pieces of cut up 2x4 or 2x6 stud lumber in varying lengths from 6 inches to 2ft.   They are cheap, easy to make, able to take multiple hits, and are biodegradable as well.

Depending upon the setup of the firing line for this shoot (as they may change things up,  but  the normal primary firing line on this range isn't really conductive for pepper-poppers or other traditional steel targets.

If you want more details feel free to IM myself or the organizer as to the unique layout at Mickey's.

James

Link Posted: 9/22/2011 6:18:40 AM EDT
[#48]
BTT...just as a reminder for everyone
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 7:51:41 AM EDT
[#49]
I am Coming! I just need directions and what supplies!
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 8:10:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top