Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2011 6:16:03 PM EDT
My dad just got back from western Colorado with 565 square bales.  Not 100% sure what it is; it's not alfalfa but looks an awful lot like bermuda.

Bales weigh a little over 50 lbs average.  Looking for $10 each.  Picking it up here in Brownwood is preferred, but I may be able to deliver some for a little extra cost.

Figured somebody on here may need some.  PM me or post in this thread.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm looking for round bales, thanks to your dad for bringing hay into the state.  I know it will sale real quick.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My dad just got back from western Colorado with 565 square bales.  Not 100% sure what it is; it's not alfalfa but looks an awful lot like bermuda.

Bales weigh a little over 50 lbs average.  Looking for $10 each.  Picking it up here in Brownwood is preferred, but I may be able to deliver some for a little extra cost.

Figured somebody on here may need some.  PM me or post in this thread.  Thanks.

Texas is hurting for Hay.   I'm paying $9/square bale in TX now from the feed store near my farm.

I'm working in Alabama right now and round bales don't fetch $30.    

My farm is near Livingston, TX.   It's a long way from Brownwood but I know it's worse and $10/bale there would sell based on the cost of diesel and trucks right now.

-Luke

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:26:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I am getting 2 to 3 calls a week to haul hay to texas from Mn and other states i hope to be hauling in the next few weeks I am looking into permits for the states and see what stupid fees they want to charge you know they will capitilize off of it basterd goverment

I will be Bringing Rounds and large squares from Mn and Nd And Nebraska I hope i dont get mugged inbetween It will be Alfalfa and Orchord grass And Straight mixed grass Hay

Maybe i can help one of us out

Jaime
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure you won't have any problem selling what you bring.  My dad has already gotten rid of about half of what he had, and a feed store may buy the rest of it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Where in Texas is your destination?

Quoted:

I am getting 2 to 3 calls a week to haul hay to texas from Mn and other states i hope to be hauling in the next few weeks I am looking into permits for the states and see what stupid fees they want to charge you know they will capitilize off of it basterd goverment

I will be Bringing Rounds and large squares from Mn and Nd And Nebraska I hope i dont get mugged inbetween It will be Alfalfa and Orchord grass And Straight mixed grass Hay

Maybe i can help one of us out

Jaime

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#6]
TAG

we're kinda looking for round bales around the lampasas area.
we've got a few local guys we know selling some of their's, but its pretty steep.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 12:58:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
TAG

we're kinda looking for round bales around the lampasas area.
we've got a few local guys we know selling some of their's, but its pretty steep.

How much is steep?  With the lack of any rain, hay is going to go for whatever the market can bare.  It sure isn't going to be getting any cheaper anytime soon.  I have a friend down here in the Corpus area selling round bales (I don't know his price) to people up in Giddings.  The buyers are hauling it by 18 wheelers.  Once all the hay is gone, no more will be grown unless the grower has irrigation.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#8]
We're paying anywhere from $80-125 for round bales...if we can find them.  Problem is, we go through about 12-15 per week.  I don't blame our boss for shutting down.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#9]
We are looking for rounds in the La Grange area.

Anyone want to get a "Group Buy" going??
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We are looking for rounds in the La Grange area.

Anyone want to get a "Group Buy" going??

What's the point?  The most rounds you can get on a semi is ~35-40.  That's like 2 weeks for us.  It's getting really retarded.  We've only got 6 or 7 left right now, not sure what the boss is gonna do about more, she's out of town right now.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#11]
In Grimes Co I paid $95 for a round bale and $9.50 for a standard square bale, regular old pasture hay, and they sell out the same day they get any in.  What kills me is all the pastures I drive by year after year with dozens or a hundred round bales just wasting away, even now.  Up in ID/MT/UT/WY last month there were alfalfa round bales as far as the eye could see in every other pasture waiting to be loaded and the other pastures were in different stages of cutting, raking, or baling.  I didn't stop to ask a price but I bet an alfalfa round bale would have only been $50.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We're paying anywhere from $80-125 for round bales...if we can find them.  Problem is, we go through about 12-15 per week.  I don't blame our boss for shutting down.

Where at?    I have a truck and trailer and can get Hay in Huntsville, AL cheap.

-Luke

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Right now i am So damn busy with hay hauling up in Mn I can,t keep up I went from near starvation to 30 loads behind in a week I hate to say it but all we get is rain no happy medium..  The hay that i will be contracted to haul from Mn Is going to be delered to about 90 miles from Houston about 17 ton per load and then the broker farmer will use and re sell he will make a killing i am sure. I preffer not to sell or haul to brokers hay jockeys i try to deal with the farmer directly it cuts out alot of cost for everybody.

I dont wont to get in trouble here talking about price bbut i can tell you i have already seen 175 per bale in the midland area and the going rate of about 225 per ton delived around houston weatherford ft worth area. It is pathetic that w get soaked you guys get fried but come this winter the hay price here is going to sky rocket along with clean rotory cut straw 2 of the dairy farms i haul into have already been forcasted to expect 150 per ton wheat straw in large 3x3x8 bales and low potasium Dry cow hay is going to be damn hard to find or stright Grass for young stock and or dry cow.

If it helps anyof you guys needing hay Pm Me i can maybe get you in touch with people that i know with hay.   And befor you all sell your cows conseder shipping them up north here and wait out the storm it cost alot less to feed them here then in texas. I don,t know how you cattle will take a northern winter though it may be a bad one this ear if it keeps going the way it is for precipitation 1 inch of rain is about 10 " of snow and it hasnt stopped raining here for a long time.

Right now i have access to about 10 loads of large squares of 1st cutting new seeding and about 5 loads of 2nd cut alfalfa orchord grass each load would be about 24 ton.

If i can help any of you guys out i sure will try.

Jaime

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:46:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I know folks are hurting, but please no WTS/WTB in this forum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top