Previous Page
Page:  / 2
Author
Posted: 5/8/2009 1:52:50 PM
So I found out that yesterday 5/7/09 there was a apparent suicide at Red Shooting range in Pflugerville. Anyone have any info on this? I knew the guy. I worked with him for about 4 years. Really a stand up / go to kinda guy. was going through a divorce from what I heard.
Erik_O
Anachronistic-American
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 2:35:36 PM
Family friends called the house to tell us there was a hubub at Red's last night, I think they were checking to see if I was home or not

I haven't seen any news about it yet.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Zhukov
Does not play well with others
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 3:13:02 PM
WTF!??!?!

I live about 2 miles from there...
Daddy loves you. Now go away.
SoftwareJanitor
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 3:20:06 PM
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
WTF!??!?!

I live about 2 miles from there...

Same here. My wife and I shoot there frequently...

Hate to hear about this sort of thing.
SoftwareJanitor
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 3:21:26 PM
Originally Posted By atxjax:
So I found out that yesterday 5/7/09 there was a apparent suicide at Red Shooting range in Pflugerville. Anyone have any info on this? I knew the guy. I worked with him for about 4 years. Really a stand up / go to kinda guy. was going through a divorce from what I heard.

I just googled for it but didn't find any news stories online.

Anyone got a link?
atxjax
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 3:34:16 PM
I havent been able to find anyting on the news yet. I figured the media would be all over this.
glock9mm
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 3:39:16 PM
didnt some woman shot herself at Red's not-that-long-ago?
atxjax
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 3:41:02 PM

Originally Posted By glock9mm:
didnt some woman shot herself at Red's not-that-long-ago?

Yeah, at the Reds south. About a month ago. She didnt succeed though.
Texaspyro21
Lost bound train running on cocaine
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 3:51:31 PM
I would not be surprised if most ranges quit allowing people to rent handguns unless they were accompained by a regular or already had a handgun.

Right or wrong, black or white
Cross the line your gonna pay
In the dawn before the light
Live and die by the shades of gray
atxjax
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 3:57:27 PM

Originally Posted By Texaspyro21:
I would not be surprised if most ranges quit allowing people to rent handguns unless they were accompained by a regular or already had a handgun.

From what I heard through friends here at work was that he already had a pistol. Just didnt have ammo. Red's typically has ammo in stock because of their absurd prices on ammo.
Texaspyro21
Lost bound train running on cocaine
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 4:01:13 PM

Originally Posted By Texaspyro21:

From what I heard through friends here at work was that he already had a pistol. Just didnt have ammo. Red's typically has ammo in stock because of their absurd prices on ammo.

Gotcha- Figured it was another case of renting a gun to blow your brains out with.

Right or wrong, black or white
Cross the line your gonna pay
In the dawn before the light
Live and die by the shades of gray
Number21

Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 4:03:49 PM
I was there, here is a quick summary. I heard conflicting conditions but he had blood coming out of his mouth and an employee had a gauze roll held to the back of his head. I overheard one guy say there was no exit wound, but another said there was. From the sounds, they performed CPR and eventually had a vacuum tube to drain some of the blood, he appeared to be alive when he left.

As for what happened, no one knew (or was saying) exactly what occurred even though he was in the middle of about 20 people. When the police arrived we were not allowed to leave. At first we were told that all guns may have to be taken until the caliber of the bullet was determined, but they let (at least some) of us leave with everything after taking statements.
Hoji
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 4:24:43 PM
What a dick. Could not have done this in private, where it would not have traumatized a group of people looking to relax, no, had to do it at a public range so it put the rest of us who are not dicks in the worst possible light.
DanielT
Big Jerk
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 4:26:01 PM
Originally Posted By Number21:
I was there, here is a quick summary. I heard conflicting conditions but he had blood coming out of his mouth and an employee had a gauze roll held to the back of his head. I overheard one guy say there was no exit wound, but another said there was. From the sounds, they performed CPR and eventually had a vacuum tube to drain some of the blood, he appeared to be alive when he left.

As for what happened, no one knew (or was saying) exactly what occurred even though he was in the middle of about 20 people. When the police arrived we were not allowed to leave. At first we were told that all guns may have to be taken until the caliber of the bullet was determined, but they let (at least some) of us leave with everything after taking statements.

Ug. I'd be very, very angry at the jackass if I were to have been caught up in it like you were. What the fuck would possess him to do it there? He could have taken his ammo home.
We prefer war in all cases to tribute under any form and to any people whatever.
-Thomas Jefferson
atxjax
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 4:31:24 PM

Originally Posted By Hoji:
What a dick. Could not have done this in private, where it would not have traumatized a group of people looking to relax, no, had to do it at a public range so it put the rest of us who are not dicks in the worst possible light.

I knew the guy from work. He was one of my mentors when I first got hired. Everytime I worked with him and talked to him he seemed cool and relaxed. I wont go as far as calling him a dick but it was innapropriate. Could have gone outside or something or just not shoot yourself over a woman.
MakemineanRRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 4:34:45 PM

I knew the guy from work. He was one of my mentors when I first got hired. Everytime I worked with him and talked to him he seemed cool and relaxed. I wont go as far as calling him a dick but it was innapropriate. Could have gone outside or something or just not shoot yourself over a woman.

Oh, it was one of the employees? And he shot himself over pussy? Great, just great.

atxjax
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 4:37:38 PM

Originally Posted By MakemineanRRA:

Oh, it was one of the employees? And he shot himself over pussy? Great, just great.

No.....He wasnt a Red's employee. He worked with me over at my place of employment.
SoftwareJanitor
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 5:13:55 PM
[Last Edit: 5/8/2009 5:15:07 PM by SoftwareJanitor]

How could shooting yourself ever be appropriate? But doing it in such a way was definitely a double-dumbass move.
atxjax
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 5:21:38 PM

Originally Posted By SoftwareJanitor:

How could shooting yourself ever be appropriate? But doing it in such a way was definitely a double-dumbass move.

Inappropriate.......I guess I couldnt find a better word. But yes......dumbass move for sure.
mzdaffyd
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 5:32:24 PM
I been divorced twice now. Neither time did I want to kill myself. Both divorces sucked. Very emotional time.

Suicide is may be right for some people (cases in point being Louis Farakhan, Jeffrey Dahlmer and Charles Manson).

The things to live for are all the hogs that need shot, all the fish that need caught, all the guns that needed collected, the guns that need shot and the cute little lady that asked me for a date.

WyattT
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 6:04:34 PM
feel bad for reds indoor range. theyve had to weather alot of shit recently
KeeblerElf
East Texas Master of Cookies
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 6:14:26 PM
this has been pre edited by me for a tasteless joke...condolences to any family the selfish bastard left behind

suicide people...seek help not death

keeblerelf
All your cookies are belong to us!
Texas Open Carry Petitioner #5764
MakemineanRRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 6:24:06 PM

Originally Posted By MakemineanRRA:

No.....He wasnt a Red's employee. He worked with me over at my place of employment.

Oh, sorry , I misunderstood.

Vesla
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 8:10:23 PM
I was also there at the time of the shooting. I also did not see what happened. The man did have blood coming out of his mouth and CPR was given to the man and he did appear to be alive when he left. One thing I did hear was a Red's employee say that they had his ID behind the counter, which usually means he rented something or borrowed a spotting scope from Red's. He was on the hand gun range when it occurred and I cannot say if he had a rifle.

The issue will make me save more money to buy my own land to have my own shooting range.
Number21

Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 8:22:51 PM
[Last Edit: 5/8/2009 8:30:10 PM by Number21]
Edited. See Vesla's post above.
MakemineanRRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/8/2009 9:37:30 PM
Originally Posted By Vesla:
I was also there at the time of the shooting. I also did not see what happened. The man did have blood coming out of his mouth and CPR was given to the man and he did appear to be alive when he left. One thing I did hear was a Red's employee say that they had his ID behind the counter, which usually means he rented something or borrowed a spotting scope from Red's. He was on the hand gun range when it occurred and I cannot say if he had a rifle.

The issue will make me save more money to buy my own land to have my own shooting range.

Hmmm, not initially fatal and no one saw exactly what happened. Might have just been a stupidity shooting and not suicide. When I'm at a range I'm amazed there's not more "accidental" shootings than what there are.
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2