Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#1]
height=8
Quoted:
You look like you might have shot a firearm or two in your day though!!!

Shhh, don't tell anyone.....
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#2]

I just want to say thanks a lot Jess. Now I have yet another expensive ammo devouring toy I need to buy. I am definitely getting one of those bad ass mama jammas. I am now #193 on the waiting list for a Lage slow fire upper. I have the feeling I will locate, buy and get my form 4 back for the m11/9 before the upper is done
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 5:59:36 AM EDT
[#3]
NEWS FLASH!!!!

The neighbor down range (the nice one) just sent me an email to let me know that the crazy lady's husband sent him an email complaining about the shooting.  I am trying to get a copy of the email for posting

That means this Saturday shoot will be great!!!!!

Brian
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 7:04:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I just want to say thanks a lot Jess. Now I have yet another expensive ammo devouring toy I need to buy. I am definitely getting one of those bad ass mama jammas. I am now #193 on the waiting list for a Lage slow fire upper. I have the feeling I will locate, buy and get my form 4 back for the m11/9 before the upper is done

Make sure to be on th list for a DF upper. It gives you the option of using the really nice suomi mags.

I think I was on the list for about 6 months.

You've done the F4 thing before. You know good things are worth the wait :)
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I got a preview of the email.  They were home during our fun and were worried about the full auto guns.  They then asked my neighbor that is downrange if he has any endangered species on his land.  Looks like they are going to try that angle to stop us.  My neighbor told them that no he does not have any on his property and he then told me he will not make it out this Saturday for the shoot as he will be at the Grand Canyon on vacation.   When he gets home today he will forward me the email.....

This Saturday yes we will have fun and shoot and I would also like to run pistol drills also.  In addition to hearing about this email, I am sure that I will have another shoot the following weekend

Brian
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 9:47:48 AM EDT
[#6]
LMAO.  They're pulling stuff out of their butt now!
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 10:08:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This Saturday yes we will have fun and shoot and I would also like to run pistol drills also.
In addition to hearing about this email, I am sure that I will have another shoot the following weekend

Brian
Brian,
I won't be able to make it this Saturday as I have a swearing-in ceremony to attend.
The following weekend (Saturday the 26th) looks good.

*sigh* I need to load up some more ammo!

LMAO. They're pulling stuff out of their butt now!
Like they were not before.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 11:03:39 AM EDT
[#8]
What time does the fun begin? I am supposed to be going to shoot an IDPA match in Buelverde in the morning. Sure wouldn't mind wasting some ammo for the cause!
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 2:09:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks like yall had fun.. I'll have to make the next one. AggieMM did you go??

I was there, where were you?!?!?! :)

www.woodfam.com/forums/weekend_pic1b.jpg

Ryan

Where was the email/notice on this one?? Bigbear and I are down for the next one, for sure..

Doc
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 2:11:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What time does the fun begin? I am supposed to be going to shoot an IDPA match in Buelverde in the morning. Sure wouldn't mind wasting some ammo for the cause!

Looks like I will miss it cause of work. I'd loan you my M16 .... if I could.

Doc
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
NEWS FLASH!!!!

The neighbor down range (the nice one) just sent me an email to let me know that the crazy lady's husband sent him an email complaining about the shooting.  I am trying to get a copy of the email for posting

Brian

What did the email say? I feel so bad that we disturbed them! Maybe we shouldn't shoot anymore!

Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I can bring a couple of noisemakers out this weekend.  IM sent.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I can bring a couple of noisemakers out this weekend.  IM sent.

Invite sent

Brian
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NEWS FLASH!!!!

Brian

What did the email say? I feel so bad that we disturbed them! Maybe we shouldn't shoot anymore!

waiting on a copy of it....when I get it I will post asap
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:56:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Big Bear IM me your emaill address for the invite....or just talk to Ryan

Brian
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Well it looks like i will be missing it also (and i f*** live there!!), I am heading to my deer lease up in Kent Co. ,  But I will be shooting up there also (ar and ak)

Have fun!!
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#17]
if full auto bothers her, how will she feel about tannerite?  
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:28:46 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

She might think the meth lab blew up!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:00:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She might think the meth lab blew up!

As much as I love to do the tannerite.  I am going to wait on that until I have the improved range up and running.  But man....I am so interested in how much noise you can get out of it.  Last weekend it was suggested using film containers..... hmmm

Brian
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
img390.imageshack.us/img390/8042/dsc00854jt7.jpg

hmmmm maybe a very small test......

Brian
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:11:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Well, I picked up my upper today to mate w/ my lower.  All I need now is a stock and I'm in business.  Just for kicks, I asked Mooney if he had any of the UBR's in.  He said he was supposed to but since he was going out of town tomorrow, his guys were going to hold it for him for a week.  BUT, he said that if I called someone in Ft. Worth and ask them to ship one of his, they could take it out of his order!  So...  Sometime next week, I get to finish off my AR w/ a UBR stock.  ;-]

http://www.magpul.com/catalog/images/ubr.jpg

So, next Saturday is really important for me now!  =-D
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:37:02 AM EDT
[#23]

As much as I love to do the tannerite.  I am going to wait on that until I have the improved range up and running.  But man....I am so interested in how much noise you can get out of it.  Last weekend it was suggested using film containers..... hmmm

Brian

It really all depends upon how many half pound containers you strap together.  

The largest I have personally done is a total of 6  1/2 pounders (3 pounds total).  It was lit off at 400 yards with a 308 and there was still an earth shattering kaboom and small concussion wave at that distance.

The machinegun shoot out in Leona TX, they put together god only knows how much of that stuff and the boom is big enough to set off car alarms hundreds of yards away.

Then there was the infamous Brian Childs....  who set off 100lbs of the stuff and the blast was felt miles away, sent chunk of a dumptruck up to a 1/4 mile through the air, and put a nearby Nuclear Power Plant on alert....

www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=492819

Personally, I beleive there is a happy medium somewhere between a film cannister and 100lbs worth, but have to admit the 100lbs detonation must have been a sight to witness.

On a separate note, do you have any other toys the range can't handle yet?  I saw the videos from last week and it looked like there were only pistol caliber subguns being shot and just wanted to confirm before pulling out the rifle caliber machineguns.

James
Austin, Texas
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Brian

It really all depends upon how many half pound containers you strap together.  

The largest I have personally done is a total of 6  1/2 pounders (3 pounds total).  It was lit off at 400 yards with a 308 and there was still an earth shattering kaboom and small concussion wave at that distance.

The machinegun shoot out in Leona TX, they put together god only knows how much of that stuff and the boom is big enough to set off car alarms hundreds of yards away.

Then there was the infamous Brian Childs....  who set off 100lbs of the stuff and the blast was felt miles away, sent chunk of a dumptruck up to a 1/4 mile through the air, and put a nearby Nuclear Power Plant on alert....

www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=492819

Personally, I beleive there is a happy medium somewhere between a film cannister and 100lbs worth, but have to admit the 100lbs detonation must have been a sight to witness.

On a separate note, do you have any other toys the range can't handle yet?  I saw the videos from last week and it looked like there were only pistol caliber subguns being shot and just wanted to confirm before pulling out the rifle caliber machineguns.

James
Austin, Texas

223 full auto should not be an issue.  308 auto....for short use at this time, but still bring it for fun

The use of tannerite, I have a call with a wilco person to check on their take on the use of it.  I know it is legal, but I like to know what they think about it.

Brian
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:19:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:16:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Get a .40 case and a 9mm case, wrap it in tape and it will be a much smaller explosion.  =-]

Nevermind.  Shrapnel...  =-o

I'm sure there's something else we can find to use...

EDIT: Just got a knock on my door.  It was UPS.  Delivering...  My UBR Stock!!  Yes, the very one I purchased over the phone at 4:30 yesterday afternoon!!  Unfortunately, since I bought only a partial lower, I don't have the Buffer Retaining Pin/Spring or the M4 Carbine Buffer and Action Spring.  But, I'll order these and bring them out next weekend if someone has an Armorer's Wrench I can borrow before we start shooting.

I'll be sure to let you guys get sloppy seconds on the rifle once I've had my way with her for a while.  ;-]

OH...also picked up 6 of the Magpul mags.  All I need now is ammo to feed her!  =-D
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Are you sodomizing your rifle again?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:33:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Just breaking her in.  She's my first.  ;-]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:03:46 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Just breaking her in.  She's my first.  ;-]

another 2 am post...dang Dan don't you sleep

Brian
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:14:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Not much.  ;-]

I had guests over and didn't get a chance to do my normal forum trolling, so I had to do a quick round before bed.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#31]
NEWS FLASH!!!

I now have a Wilco case on this.  Today's shoot had a nice visit from SO.  According to the crazy lady's neighbor (I am getting more info on that) we where shooting a full auto 50 cal .  They asked for SO to check all papers and they want something in writing.  For the record SO was very nice and once again said no offense was taking place.

I will send tons more info over the next day.  We have pictures, video, on this.  BTW we where shooting .308 NFA which was the largest Cal.

Latest caller from what notes I got from SO:

According to SO he raises Cattle and horses and it is an issue???  I will get more info when I can.  IMHO this person is a friend of the crazy lady.  It is very odd that they knew right away what address we where at 1/2 mile away

Also we did do a 1/2 lb of tannerite after SO said he was okay with it since we where not blowing up stuff....  BTW it rocked the house!!!!

Shallon called (the lady at the shoot that is a wilco paramedic) and she said SO ran a GSW (Gun Shot Wound) call right before and it turned out to the some kids that where going into the creek behind the range (on my land with signage to stay out).  They were telling their parents that there was tons of shooting and somehow the call to SO came out as a GSW???  She knows because she talked to the medics that had to come out for it.   Just crazy I would think.....   Interesting that the SO did not bring this up when he was there.  He must have knew that all of this was totally BS.

Brian
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Good times again! Don't forget to mention the crazy lady called the BATFE on us. And it sounded like they weren't much interested lol.

J, that full auto SBR 51 was the cats ass! I need to get a sear now. I might need to stop going to these shoots as every time I do I see a new toy I want!

It's kind of disconcerting though that the crazy lady might be sending kids down into the creek behind the range. I'm sure she would love to orchestrate an accident of some type.

Anyways, the obligatory mag dump:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS6-oot3Cys

The vid doesn't do justice to that little beast. Thanks J!

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Good times again! Don't forget to mention the crazy lady called the BATFE on us. And it sounded like they weren't much interested lol.

J, that full auto SBR 51 was the cats ass! I need to get a sear now. I might need to stop going to these shoots as every time I do I see a new toy I want!

It's kind of disconcerting though that the crazy lady might be sending kids down into the creek behind the range. I'm sure she would love to orchestrate an accident of some type.

Anyways, the obligatory mag dump:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS6-oot3Cys

The vid doesn't do justice to that little beast. Thanks J!

That gun was great !!!!

We are having a shoot next Saturday!!!!!  If you want to come out IM me your email address.

Invites have been sent, if you did not get one let me know.

Brian
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Does that mean I can bring my SOCOM16 ?

I can bring my New 7.5 AR Pistol  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Does that mean I can bring my SOCOM16 ?

I can bring my New 7.5 AR Pistol  

Sounds like a good plan to me.  The .308 worked great...AKA "Full Auto 50 Cal." the the neighbors.  They even called the ATF to ask if there is any reg. in Wilco thinking they can bust me .....

Brian
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:18:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Nice picture.  That is the one I sucked my fat gut in.

FYI, today I sent my records request to WILCO for 911 calls (in Wav format) and any SO records (which there must be from yesterday).   My guess I have a week or so before I will get them.

Brian
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:12:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Sounds like you all had a great time yesterday, wish I could have been there.  his
Williamson County Commissioners Agendas

Have fun next weekend..... Ryan
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Gentlemen,
I cannot remember when I have enjoyed reading a thread as much as this one. Stay safe and G-D bless America.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Sounds like you all had a great time yesterday, wish I could have been there.    

One word of warning, this "neighbor" might try something funny with the county commissioners.  I recommend monitoring the agendas to make sure something doesn't get on there without your knowledge.  This neighbor sounds like the kind of person that might try something sneaky on that route.

Williamson County Commissioners Agendas

Have fun next weekend.....

Ryan

Been doing a full text search of the agenda's for the last 3 years on the following:

gun, noise, weapons, shooting, range

So far no hit, however I have been warned by the good neighbor that she is trying to get on the agenda.

I also went for a drive to the address that SO had the "complaint"  dang it is so far away.  I think they could not hear anything but the .308.  Which asks, does the BATF take calls on Saturday to check for guns reg in WILCO????

I have done some measurements and with the address WILCO SO had it is 2 miles away in a straight line?!?!?!?

My take is the "new" person raises horses just like the crazy lady.  I would guess they are friends by that.  BTW it would seem the main complaint was noise and that they raise horses and cattle?????  Did they not get the memo about living out in the country?

Ryan, are you headed over next Saturday for some fun and drills?

Brian
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#41]

Shallon called (the lady at the shoot that is a wilco paramedic) and she said SO ran a GSW (Gun Shot Wound) call right before and it turned out to the some kids that where going into the creek behind the range (on my land with signage to stay out).  They were telling their parents that there was tons of shooting and somehow the call to SO came out as a GSW???  She knows because she talked to the medics that had to come out for it.   Just crazy I would think.....   Interesting that the SO did not bring this up when he was there.  He must have knew that all of this was totally BS.

BTW There is no water in the creek, I will take some pictures today.

Brian
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Can't you file a harassment claim against her?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Can't you file a harassment claim against her?

I am going to wait on the police report from yesterday and get a copy of the 911 tapes on this event.

Brian
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Any CHL instructors in Austin want to checkout my range for a DPS?  Let me know I can make a really, really good deal.

Brian
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:07:13 PM EDT
[#45]
How many ppl go from the Ft Worth area? I am thinking about goin in the very near future (as soon as I get the AR upper I want) and would like to split the gas...my truck or yours...

The one thing that would suk for me is the lack of ammo I could bring to shoot all those awesome F/A guns. I have never pulled the trigger on one.

Thanks....this is one of the most interesting threads I have read.

KD Hedge

rkba1911 at yahoo.com
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:20:59 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
How many ppl go from the Ft Worth area? I am thinking about goin in the very near future (as soon as I get the AR upper I want) and would like to split the gas...my truck or yours...

The one thing that would suk for me is the lack of ammo I could bring to shoot all those awesome F/A guns. I have never pulled the trigger on one.

Thanks....this is one of the most interesting threads I have read.

KD Hedge

rkba1911 at yahoo.com

Email invite sent

Brian
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Whoever had the video of yesterday let me know I would like a copy of it for the record

Oh and here is pictures of the creek that the kids may have been trying to go to

As  you can see tons of water???

Brian
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:41:44 PM EDT
[#48]
I'll be sure to bring my innertube so we can do a little TOOBING down that creek!  ;-]

I'll know tomorrow if I can make it on Saturday for sure.  I'm going to call the Cedar Park Gun Store tomorrow as well to see if they have those parts for my stock.  If not, I'll order them from Brownells or something.  =-]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:03:09 PM EDT
[#49]
I love this thread.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I love this thread.

Happy to be of service

Brian
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top