Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2017 8:09:11 PM EDT
LoL...been dead in here.

What is everyone up to ? any happenings going on ? anyone going to make it this way for the road kill festival in Sept ?
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:44:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 10:11:11 PM EDT
[#2]
pfft , only when its not raining...the rest of the time, its working on property. lol..
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 10:29:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:01:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I frequently read the WV HTF, but rarely post.
I live and work in NE Ohio, but I've been spending a lot more time at our property in Braxton Co.  Had some dozer work done.  Now I can get the quad and the buggy to the top of the hill where I get ARFcom worthy cell signal.  At the house I'm lucky to get 2 bars of 1x.  
Planted 50# of contractor grass seed.  15# each of radishes, turnips and clover.  The deer are already on it.  I spent 12 hours straight running the string trimmer on the hill side cleaning up the yard.  Hung a few trail cams around the yard.  Routine maintenance on both quads, all oils and filters changed.  New brakes too.  
All ready for a week or 2 of vacation time enjoying the place rather than maintaining.  Haven't hit Summersville lake for 2 years, so that is on the to do list too.  

Enjoy that summer gents!
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Busy season for me.   Getting ready for some sort of golf thing.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm here guys but it's been busy at the cabin and at work. Putting in a new sewer system at the cabin so we've been clearing trees and cutting wood. Spent the last 3 weekends busting ass. Garden going here at the house and with rain every other day I'm mowing twice a week. Fun times but it's summer so I'm outside more.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm here guys but it's been busy at the cabin and at work. Putting in a new sewer system at the cabin so we've been clearing trees and cutting wood. Spent the last 3 weekends busting ass. Garden going here at the house and with rain every other day I'm mowing twice a week. Fun times but it's summer so I'm outside more.
View Quote
You need to swing by here, If I remember where you said cabin was, you go near my place. I have some big cut logs I cant use, so if you need some for cabin, lemme know.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You need to swing by here, If I remember where you said cabin was, you go near my place. I have some big cut logs I cant use, so if you need some for cabin, lemme know.
View Quote
I do need to stop by, try to later this summer, I have some vacation in August. There has to be somebody that wants the wood. We mainly burn coal and with cutting down these 5 trees we are stocked up for a while.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 5:51:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Just joined the WVCDL a few hours ago.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Good move you will not regret it
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I frequently read the WV HTF, but rarely post.
I live and work in NE Ohio, but I've been spending a lot more time at our property in Braxton Co.  Had some dozer work done.  Now I can get the quad and the buggy to the top of the hill where I get ARFcom worthy cell signal.  At the house I'm lucky to get 2 bars of 1x.  
Planted 50# of contractor grass seed.  15# each of radishes, turnips and clover.  The deer are already on it.  I spent 12 hours straight running the string trimmer on the hill side cleaning up the yard.  Hung a few trail cams around the yard.  Routine maintenance on both quads, all oils and filters changed.  New brakes too.  
All ready for a week or 2 of vacation time enjoying the place rather than maintaining.  Haven't hit Summersville lake for 2 years, so that is on the to do list too.  

Enjoy that summer gents!
View Quote
What part of Braxton Co?

@AFCarbon15
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:12:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Birch River.  We built about 12 years ago.  Mostly a summer home/weekend get-away.  

Lil place in the hills to get away, hunt, ride, shoot and relax.  Planning to be there over the 4th.  

I really like the area and most of the people around, but there are  those few trouble makers.  Drugs and thieves.  Too bad.

@gotuonpaper
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I grew up in Braxton Co.  

My mama grew up in Little Birch.

I am in Fayette County now.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I really like the area.  It's 250 miles driveway to driveway so I don't get there as often as I'd like.  Headed down for the 4th.  Weather looks decent.  Taking the dog, quad, mountain bike and some guns.  I'm already not looking forward to having to go back home.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:27:45 AM EDT
[#15]
I am from Beckley. I pop in every now and then to check out the home town of my still in my heart home state.
Good morning to everyone it is now July the first.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I really like the area.  It's 250 miles driveway to driveway so I don't get there as often as I'd like.  Headed down for the 4th.  Weather looks decent.  Taking the dog, quad, mountain bike and some guns.  I'm already not looking forward to having to go back home.
View Quote
Sold my farm down in Braxton County about a year ago. Is was about five miles up above Strange Creek. Ended up purchasing some land closer to me in Randolph County, five miles outside of Canaan. I really miss my place in Braxton; don't miss the two hour drive down there though.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am from Beckley. I pop in every now and then to check out the home town of my still in my heart home state.
Good morning to everyone it is now July the first.
View Quote
LoL..well if your ever over on my side of the mountain in Marlinton, lemme know.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

LoL..well if your ever over on my side of the mountain in Marlinton, lemme know.
View Quote
It has been a long time since I was up in Pocahontas county. I have an uncle that lives in Union, Monroe county and another uncle that has a hunting camp over in Greanbrier county.
The funny thing is all my living uncles and myself are all around the same age within 5 years of each other and they were always more like brothers. I will be heading down that way next month to visit. I miss it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 8:21:52 PM EDT
[#19]
yea..its nice around here. Pretty quiet where im at.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Survived the PGA.   Long week of Long hours.  We did well.   Nothing like getting up at 1:30 in the morning to go to work.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Survived the PGA.   Long week of Long hours.  We did well.   Nothing like getting up at 1:30 in the morning to go to work.
View Quote
Cool.

I still cant believe we have a country club and golf course HERE, where I live. lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top