Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2017 3:29:24 PM EDT
Several of you guys have seen and contacted me about the "Flying WV" West Virginia University/West Virginia in general IR reflective logo patches, and wanting to get some, so I've obtained permission to do a group buy of these patches in the HTF!  

I will continue to update with more details and start building a list of buyers/quantities, deadlines, etc., but I figured I should get the information out and get the ball rolling so that those of you that have contacted me aren't thinking I'm blowing you off--it's just been a busy couple of weeks for me--in part because of the end of the semester at the University.  

Details:

Only one type/style will be offered for the time being--the patches will be 2"x3.5"--about the same size as a standard "flag" or "callsign" patch:

The patches are Nylon fabric over 3M SOLAS (Safety Of Life At Sea) MIL-SPEC IR reflective material, with the design laser cut (the "WV" will be the part that glows)

Price will be between $20-$30 each, depending on interest/what kind of group pricing I can get--I know they're not cheap, but that is pretty much the going rate for a small run of custom, laser cut patches made with the correct SOLAS material, and as you can see from the photographs above, the patterns are cut extremely crisply, and look great.  The more batches we buy, the closer to $20 the final price will get...  I will try to get some photographs under IR in the near future.  

Several different fabric patterns are available besides the standard Multicam pictured.

Multicam
Multicam Tropic
Multicam Black
UCP (ACU)
MARPAT
Woodland
PenCott GreenZone
Kryptek Mandrake
Kryptek Highlander
Ranger Green
Coyote Brown
Black
Wolf Grey
Desert Night Camo
Flecktarn
Tropentarn

If you are interested in getting in on the Group Buy:

Please send me an e-mail, as my IM box fills up quickly, either using the button under "User Info," or to augee [AT] etac-arms [DOT] com

First e-mail can/should be a general interest e-mail, let me know about how many you would like/colors/patterns--please include your username here in your e-mail as well.  

Once I have a good gauge of interest, I will get final pricing and send out another e-mail to confirm/update/withdraw, and I will set an end-date for payment.  Once I've received all payments, the order will be placed, and lead time should be 2 weeks or so to manufacture them and for me to receive them, then I will send them to everyone who has participated.  Either way, probably looking at at least a month and a half to two months at earliest before you can get your patch, so if you're an "instant gratification" type, please keep that in mind before participating in the group buy.  

Again, I will maintain regular updates here as well.  

Thanks!
~Augee
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the interest everyone!  

This is a pretty simple group buy, so there's not a super lot of updates to be made.  

I currently have tentative commitments for 22 patches.  

I will post again when I am 100% sure--but, if I'm able to get commitments for 30 patches, the group buy price will most likely be $25/ea., including shipping from me to you (I will order in bulk, then send each person their order).

Please spread the word, and I will update when I have pricing 100% confirmed, and I'll set a closing date for the group buy, and start collecting funds.

Thanks!
~Augee
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Okay, guys,

Another update--we have the final pricing locked in for the Group Buy:

$25 for the first patch
+ $20 for each subsequent patch

This will cover the patch(es), and shipping from me to you, most likely via USPS First Class cushioned envelope. Since most of us are all still in West Virginia, it should not take too long to get to you.

Again, remember that these are not your "run of the mill" morale patches--they're 3M SOLAS IR reflective IFF patches, most custom patch makers, if they'll do custom patterns for you, will want more than the quoted group buy price, and the quality is not always equal. I may have a small number of additional patches available for sale after the Group Buy on the EE and through other venues, but they will likely be more expensive than the Group Buy price.

I will be accepting additional orders for the Group Buy for one (1) week from today--orders end 14 June, and I will place the order sometime around then, and patches will likely (remember, I have no direct control over the manufacturer's lead time, but in the past, they've been relatively quick for custom orders) be delivered around the first week of July. Payment will be expected at the time of the order via PayPal. PayPal is strongly preferred for payment, but if you cannot use PayPal, we can work out other payment methods--however, payments must be received before 14 June in order for me to place your order.  

If you are interested in getting in on the Group Buy and have not already contacted me, you can do so using the "e-mail" button under "User Info," or send an e-mail directly to augee [AT] etac-arms [DOTCOM].  

Thanks again, guys!
~Augee
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Group Buy is now closed to new orders, however, I may end up having a small number of extra patches available when they arrive.

Those who have ordered already, stay tuned for additional updates via e-mail.

Thanks everyone!
~Augee
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, guys,

I've been away on a field exercise for the last couple of weeks, but waiting for me when I got back was a nice little package:

Those of y'all who are waiting on them should have an e-mail from me soon, and they'll be on their way to you this week!

If there is enough interest, there could be another group buy, but there would have to be a similar amount (30+) ordered, or the price will be more expensive.

Thanks!
~Augee
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 8:07:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Just got my batch in.  Thank you so much Augee!!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Got mine last week. The quality is excellent. Thanks for setting this up!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:04:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Love the patch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top