Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2017 1:18:05 AM EDT
Have a job offer and going back to take a second look.  Any suggestions for things to do or see?  I'm particularly interested in things that would appeal to a 10 year old boy.  Any comments about life in Morgantown would also be appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 2:24:44 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a liberal leaning college town. What does your 10 year old like to do. WV is a great place for someone that likes the outdoors. Hunting, fishing, hiking, dirt bikes and 4 wheelers.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a liberal leaning college town. What does your 10 year old like to do. WV is a great place for someone that likes the outdoors. Hunting, fishing, hiking, dirt bikes and 4 wheelers.
View Quote
Is it really (liberal part)?  Granted I have not hung out in about 10 years except for football games (maybe 5 in that span) but I enjoyed myself there except when it snowed....and I did not have a car....and I lived on high street.

Back to OP, there are a great number of things to do.  If you want to save some money on a place, look into fairmont.  Quick commute and not as "busy".
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 12:30:46 AM EDT
[#3]
He likes to shoot.  Loves to fish. Plays whatever sport is in season.  He'd generally rather be outside than playing video games.  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#4]
If you're around May 13 you can come shoot machine guns with us.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:37:14 AM EDT
[#5]
True...this town is full of libtards sucking off the teet of WVU!

Take him to Coopers Rock State Park.
Ride the PRT.
Mason Dixon Rifle Club has open IDPA matches the first Saturday of every month.
Deep Creek Lake is 30 minutes east, it's a beautiful drive to Wisp Resort, they have a very cool Mountain Coaster
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 2:08:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:56:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Wish I could be there May 13, but mid-April is the only time I have off.  Thanks for the suggestions.  We'll check them out
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:35:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
True...this town is full of libtards sucking off the teet of WVU!

Take him to Coopers Rock State Park.
Ride the PRT.
Mason Dixon Rifle Club has open IDPA matches the first Saturday of every month.
Deep Creek Lake is 30 minutes east, it's a beautiful drive to Wisp Resort, they have a very cool Mountain Coaster
View Quote
Mason Dixon Rifle Club also has open Steel Challenge matches on the third Saturdays (The 15th!)  and open Sporting Clays matches on the 1st Sunday of the month. (Facebook MDRC-Inc)  
Camp Mountaineer (local boy scouts camp) has started an adult skeet and trap club, where members (and their guests) can use the shooting sports facilities anytime the camp doesn't have a scheduled function.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 5:00:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wish I could be there May 13, but mid-April is the only time I have off.  Thanks for the suggestions.  We'll check them out
View Quote
We have one in August also.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Minor league baseball in the summer and WVU baseball in the spring. Its at the new ball park overlooking the whole area. Tickets are pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
snip...Tickets are pretty cheap.
View Quote
However...beers...are NOT!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top