Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2017 6:46:18 PM EDT
Pocahontas County or nearby. IVe got about 5-6 HUGH trees that uprooted and/or broke off, laying on the ground in various places on my property, would be perfect to burn ,etc. Trees are from 30-50 feet long , pretty decent size around.. <---this isnt cut up yet.

I dont know how much work ppl put into cutting fire wood for the seasion, I dont burn any wood other then fire pits and have plenty for that. I dont mind chainsawing it up, just hate to leave it to rot, etc.

I have about 1/4 to 1/2 cord cut up , not split piled up and probably have more this weekend, gonna be nice, going to clean up the hillside of all the fallen trees.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Well dont want random ppl trampling around here. I had one guy that grabbed sum but I guess he has enough or what not, I sent hm message and havent gotten reply. I bet I have a couple cords worth, all seasoned.

Im not splitting any of it, The stuff Ive cut up already is just chopped up in about 3-4 foot lengths. If I ever do build a cabin on the back of the property then ill hook up a wood stove and be set, lol. but until then.............

Plus just seeing if any Arfcom needs any....
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:59:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:34:07 PM EDT
[#5]
We use it at the cabin but we also burn coal. We're not too far from you DT I need to stop by sometime when I'm over that way. I was at the cabin this past weekend.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:05:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We use it at the cabin but we also burn coal. We're not too far from you DT I need to stop by sometime when I'm over that way. I was at the cabin this past weekend.
View Quote

Yea, lemme know. Im right off 28.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK were about 1-1/2 miles from Watoga on Beaver Creek Rd. I'll let you know when we head over that way again in a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I wish you were closer. We heat our entire home with wood.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wish you were closer. We heat our entire home with wood.
View Quote

Come over and make a day of it. I have multiple 30-40 footers already dropped, jus need cut up, we've had strong winds over this past winter and the soil is mainly rocky, so trees drop pretty easily, they are pretty much "seasoned" , not GREEN, so they make great wood burners.

Im trying to clean up this property and get all the big downed trees cut up and moved, this way the ground can recover and grow new trees, etc.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey, I don't check in here that often.  But how far are you from Lewisburg?  I might be interested.   I am off this Tuesday and Wednesday.   PM me if need be.   I do have my own land to cut wood, but If your trees are already on the ground, might be easier for me.   Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Im in Marlinton...im "retired" so im around all the time. Getting the trees from the top of the hill will be the "fun" part, but I just cut up 2 more this weekend.

If you have a 4 wheeler or side by side, that could help..And of course a chain saw or two, lol...
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a four wheeler, trailer, and a few chainsaws.   Though only one works really well.   Let me see what the wife has planned for me.   I might take you up on it.  I get bored sitting around the house on my days off.  I will reply tomorrow.  (Monday after work around 4pm.)  Either way thank you for the offer!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the offer.   But I don't think that I will be able to head your way on the next two days off.   I am seriously interested in helping you out though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks for the offer.   But I don't think that I will be able to head your way on the next two days off.   I am seriously interested in helping you out though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No worries mate, just lemme know. trees arent going anywhere soon, lol.

Quoted:

OK were about 1-1/2 miles from Watoga on Beaver Creek Rd. I'll let you know when we head over that way again in a couple of weeks.

Lemme know, have plenty, esp for camp fires, etc.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Find the guys who are selling firewood in the area and ask them if they want it.
View Quote
I just did that and the idiot hasnt bothered coming by, says he wants it, etc etc. Already been clearing some fallen trees, Ill stack it and then just let it rot,,go back to nature it shall. lol
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:40:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:38:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's too bad.  Free firewood doesn't last long over by my place.
View Quote
Well, thats what I thought. This guy has an outdoor wood stove and he sells firewood on the side, i figured he'd be all over seasoned wood, oh well.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#18]
My place is in Buckeye right outside Marlinton. Can you get to the logs with a pickup?
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I can hook you up with a couple truck loads, but the rest is 50-60 yards back on a trail across creeks that I only have foot bridges going to. I have a "cord" size pile stacked up back in the back area, from 2-3 foot wide logs to twigs.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm in for next weekend.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm in for next weekend.
View Quote
Ok, sent ya a PM w/ contact info..just lemme know, im around most of the time, if I miss a call, ill call ya back.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#22]
if anyone in the area and need some for campfires, etc. Lemme know..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top