Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2016 1:57:41 PM EDT
So my wife and I are closing on our house on Friday and I'll be spending the weekend in Logan at my mom's and then heading to South Carolina on Sunday. We move everything south last weekend and it didnt really hit me until I came out from the tunnel on 77 into WV and saw the sign lit up above me.

West Virginia, Wild and Wonderful.

I've never "lived" outside of West Virginia, and I've never wanted to unless it was in Tennessee (always liked it down there growing up) Not to sound like a pus, but I almost teared up a little when it hit me. I wont be a West Virginia resident anymore.

I love West Virginia and I am proud of my state. I still remember my freshman year of college. Kid from New York asked me where I was from. When I told him, he looked at me and asked if I was proud of that... I didnt miss a beat and told him you bet I am. Its home. and its a beautiful one at that...

Just a lot going through my mind about it all right now and wanted to share...

I'll always be a mountaineer at heart....
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I miss it to. Moved to Ohio in April of 1990. I sold the last of my property there about seven years ago...still go down and visit every year.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Good Luck MrFrZZ to you and your wife. Enjoy your new adventure, WV will be here. Visit us every now and then.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Good luck,,,like mentioned WV will be here..

I moved away 20 years ago, lived life and knew id always come back and I did. Couldnt be more happier...
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good luck,,,like mentioned WV will be here..

I moved away 20 years ago, lived life and knew id always come back and I did. Couldnt be more happier...
View Quote

QFT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top