Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2016 3:49:45 PM EDT
Been a long year and feel ive accomplished alot (on house and property) was able to relax and leave the turmoil and stress of the city behind.

Went from 800 sq ft apartment in the city with crappy parking and crime and all the drama that goes with big city living to 1500 sq ft on 10 acres (backed to NF) While country living has its share of issues, etc, its still better then city life.

Dont get me wrong, Florida offered a lot and I had good friends and a great job (which since has changed and gone down hill), so It wasnt all bad, just wasnt who I am living in the city.

Exactly one year ago, I loaded up the Uhaul and totted all my crap and Blazer the 1000miles north back home to WV. I always knew I'd move back at some point in my life, happened sooner then later..lol...

One minute after this photo was taken, I left my apartment complex and havent been back to Florida since.....

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Been a long year and feel ive accomplished alot (on house and property) was able to relax and leave the turmoil and stress of the city behind.

Went from 800 sq ft apartment in the city with crappy parking and crime and all the drama that goes with big city living to 1500 sq ft on 10 acres (backed to NF) While country living has its share of issues, etc, its still better then city life.

Dont get me wrong, Florida offered a lot and I had good friends and a great job (which since has changed and gone down hill), so It wasnt all bad, just wasnt who I am living in the city.

Exactly one year ago, I loaded up the Uhaul and totted all my crap and Blazer the 1000miles north back home to WV. I always knew I'd move back at some point in my life, happened sooner then later..lol...

One minute after this photo was taken, I left my apartment complex and havent been back to Florida since.....

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/die-tryin/14937468_10209347196530096_7662412233864068793_n.jpg
View Quote

My wife would never move to the mountains...I will just have to be content to go down on vacations.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
God it's been a year already, and the improvements you made to that place you have is amazing.  With a few more things you had planned last time I was there, you got it all planned out

Poor boring life in the woods beats rich action in the city any day

Might have to make a trip down in the spring to check in do some shooting and make sure you haven't turned into a hermit yet
View Quote

Naw, im busy and what not. G/F and kids here now. yea, this place is a work in progress for sure..The property has come along way since you were here last.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 8:12:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome back!

I am going to try to avoid snow again this year with a few months back in FL.  My daughters are both in Kissimmee but one is trying to get out, she wants to go to GA.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice...maybe next spring ill do a HTF get together / camp over this way.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 7:42:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow, a year already? I remember the thread you started when you were looking for property. Time does flow by like a spring run-off filled river.

I'll have to get down your way sometime and shoot with you and vice-a-versa. I'm only an hour or so north of you.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Bit further than a hour, it's about 2 for me, and I'm a bit closer than you
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, a year already? I remember the thread you started when you were looking for property. Time does flow by like a spring run-off filled river.

I'll have to get down your way sometime and shoot with you and vice-a-versa. I'm only an hour or so north of you.

I usually go down the Beulah Road from Glady to Durbin and then down to Cass, takes me about an hour to get there. So what is it? Like 30 minutes from Cass to Marlington? I guess we split the difference at 1.5 hours.
As the crow flies I bet its only an hour .
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I usually go down the Beulah Road from Glady to Durbin and then down to Cass, takes me about an hour to get there. So what is it? Like 30 minutes from Cass to Marlington? I guess we split the difference at 1.5 hours.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From 19 im 1/2 hour from cass, the back way is about 15-20 min.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:05:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 9:23:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Nope, took my mom down to Cass last month and it was an hour and 15 minutes exactly, and we live north of Glady.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

That sounds like fun.    Congratulations on being back in WV!
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

He's got a nice field over on the one side of the hill from his house, that would make a really nice Arf camp site.  Can't remember if you can get a vehicle back there or not across that ditch, but the field I know is dry and solid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds like fun.    Congratulations on being back in WV!

He's got a nice field over on the one side of the hill from his house, that would make a really nice Arf camp site.  Can't remember if you can get a vehicle back there or not across that ditch, but the field I know is dry and solid.

Yea we can, I drive back there all the time, its alot different now then last time ya'll seen it, the field is mowed and ive got the downed trees all cut and have a nice stack of wood and fire pit over there.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 5:59:24 AM EDT
[#17]
If you do have a get together.   I will be happy to bring my 3 subguns for all to enjoy!
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Maybe it just seems longer then  I know where your at, your closer to 33 than Glady though, so yeah you have about 15min drive to Glady itself.  The Glady road is one road I don't get in a hurry on
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope, took my mom down to Cass last month and it was an hour and 15 minutes exactly, and we live north of Glady.

Maybe it just seems longer then  I know where your at, your closer to 33 than Glady though, so yeah you have about 15min drive to Glady itself.  The Glady road is one road I don't get in a hurry on

I don't blame you, some of the turns in that road will put you in the woods if your going too fast, plus the threat of meeting an oncoming truck in the middle of the lane is pretty high.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I almost met a very large cow once in a blind turn on that road, talk about a ass pucker moment!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't blame you, some of the turns in that road will put you in the woods if your going too fast, plus the threat of meeting an oncoming truck in the middle of the lane is pretty high.

I almost met a very large cow once in a blind turn on that road, talk about a ass pucker moment!

That moment when you find out you can whistle from the other end too....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top