Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/25/2015 8:15:07 PM EDT
Ok, So as most of you know, the interest was brought up for a lower receiver with the State of West Virginia engraved on them, much like the ones that BHI offered a few years back. This thread is to gauge serious interest in these lowers to contact a maker and explore the possibility of fulfilling this WV HTF wish. Please post here if you would be interested in this and email me as well. I will get a list together and make the necessary emails/ IMs and then advise to everyone on that list.

EDIT - Got confirmation of Pricing on these Lowers - Looking at 125 Each. This will be a small batch engraving, So the manufacturer will need a minimum of 20 and max of 30 for this run. Right now We're right around the 15-18 mark depending on the replies and people I've spoken to - If they are good with price.

There will also be an additional 30.00 added to the Lower if you want to go ahead and engrave for future NFA reasons. Will just need to have the information ready at time of Order.

- Bo
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 12:44:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Group buys are excellent.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I will do 2-4 depending on the price.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 5:34:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm 90% sure I'd be in for one depending mostly on the design.
If anyone remembers, I brought this up about 3 years ago for WV's 150th birthday. It didn't seem to generate any interest then. I hope it goes through this time.
Maybe we could still work a sesquicentennial theme into this one with a banner stating 1863 - 2013 even though it won't be released in 2013.
Just remember that you can't use the state seal without permission. I remember someone else getting caught up in that mess.
Has the design been finalized?
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 8:43:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I may be in for at least one or two as that price seems competitive with
other unique offerings like this I've seen in the past, BUT...

I'd
like to first see the design image, as well as have some info on the lower
receivers that will host the design (make/model/mfg/etc., etc.).
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Guys, Just a quick update, I have some more information on these lowers from the manufacturer that will be doing these as long as we hit the magic number...

They are 80 % forgings that will be finished by the Manufacturer, engraved by the manufacturer, and cerakoted by them with a basic finish (Im assuming black, but will make sure)

As far as the engraving on the left side of magwell, It will have the State Of WV Outline, with the manufacturer's logo inside. I believe this logo resembles a stickman, but I cannot be sure.
Serial Numb was originally going to be ARF15-01 -30 but I am not sure if they have changed their minds or not. Will touch base on this as well.

I personally think this sounds like an awesome Lower and I think it will make me wait out my next lower build In hopes that we get enough people rounded up to buy them. If everyone does NOT like the engraving idea on the side, another engraving can be discussed. Manufacturer threw that out there too.

Just let me know what you think and he'll read your comments in here im sure.

looking ahead - This will make for a good future build thread ;)

ETA - I think it needs to be made clear I have no affiliation with this Manufacturer and I am in no way getting any sort of kick back for this.  I Love WV, and I am quite fond of the AR15 platform, so the combo works great for me.

Link Posted: 10/29/2015 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#6]
In for 1 regardless of the engraving.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#7]
The serial # can be made however the group consensus wants. If everyone wants WV(FULARRY)-01 through WV(FULARRY)-30 it can be done.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The serial # can be made however the group consensus wants. If everyone wants WV(FULARRY)-01 through WV(FULARRY)-30 it can be done.
View Quote

This made me LOL

Link Posted: 10/29/2015 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This made me LOL

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This made me LOL

Basically whatever sequence everyone wants which isn't copyrighted.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 6:48:09 PM EDT
[#10]
What if you took the above idea of the States birth year or bday?

WV1863-01

WV15-1863-01 (15 being the Ar15 model designation)

Or

WV62063-01

Too many numbers?
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Not necessarily, however I'm far more fond of the FULARRY prefix on the serial numbers.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Poor tuna man
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not necessarily, however I'm far more fond of the FULARRY prefix on the serial numbers.

Poor tuna man

He's our special tuna
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

This makes me happy
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:14:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
WV1863-01
Or
WV62063-01
Too many numbers?
View Quote

I have seen some Texas lowers with the outline of the state that start out with TX in their serial numbers.
At a minimum, I would like to see an outline of WV and a serial number starting with WV.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:36:18 AM EDT
[#16]
The plan is an outline of the state of WV with a company logo inside the outline. The right hand side of the mag well will be left blank for additional engraving should it be desired.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 5:43:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This makes me happy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This makes me happy

now he's in for 6.... Sequential numbers of course
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Im in for one. Just let me know the details!

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 5:04:32 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm in for one, I believe. Any way we can get a mock-up or rendering of what one will roughly look like?
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:34:51 AM EDT
[#20]
It's time I've built, not bought, one.  Might even put an optic on this one.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#21]
I would be in for one. Any clue on time frame? And can we not put the state motto on it?  "montani semper liberi"
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I've got 18 at minimum going by the least of everyone that said (1 or 2) Right now we're at 18 on the low end. So we're close. I feel like I am forgetting someone somewhere though. I've got a couple guys I work with in on some, but im trying to get a list. I dont want to miss anyone.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 10:29:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Basic mockup. I'm moderately average in my PS capabilities. As long we aren't violating a copyright by putting the state motto on there, we can do so.

We love our TUNA.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 8:24:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Basic mockup. I'm moderately average in my PS capabilities. As long we aren't violating a copyright by putting the state motto on there, we can do so.

<a href="http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/2T2yyDUkMUg2kZ/11450178.0/800/p/DNA_ARFCOM_engraving.jpg" target="_blank">http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/2T2yyDUkMUg2kZ/11450178.0/1200/p/DNA_ARFCOM_engraving.jpg</a>

We love our TUNA.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:53:49 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm in for 1

just let me know where to send the funds....
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I will take 2 (sequential numbers) and go for the additional engraving.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Ok guys, It looks like we have enough people organized to move forward with production of these lowers - AWESOME.

Remember, Price of lowers is 125, plus 30.00 for additional engraving - Please provide what you want engraved and where on receiver.

Now, I am trying to get a list together for the Manufacturer that will require Full contact information, Shipping information (FFL ship to if not picking up locally). Cost of shipping will be about 5 dollars for 1-2 lowers, so please adjust according to your quantity. Below is the list I have put together, so please look over it, make sure quantities are correct, and please indicate if you will need the lower shipped to your local FFL or if you are picking it up. Manufacturer is located in the EPH around the Bunker Hill area. ;)
Manufacturer will accept, Cash, check, credit Card. Shipping will be USPS flat rate, unless otherwise specified. I dont want to miss anyone or mess up quantities. Fill in any blanks on your name as well - I will NOT POST YOUR NAME OR ANY INFORMATION ON THIS THREAD.

Please PM or email me with all your information, and I will forward it on to the manufacturer and will see how they want to proceed with payment. ETA is going to be about 4-5 weeks AFTER they are ordered (4-5 weeks after they are paid for - from Manufacturer)

- Please keep in mind that I have no affiliation with Manufacturer and am not making any money from this deal. Just would like to have something to show some pride in our state.

- Bo
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Here's another edit of the engraving.

Thoughts everyone?

Link Posted: 11/15/2015 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I am in Martinsburg, so I can pick up at Manufacturer...

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:01:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're not allowed to pay with straws.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:53:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well darn!

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Any plans to use a common dealer near Motown and consolidate some of the shipments?

I haven't used anyone to do transfers in years, and they're all closed now.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I have seen some Texas lowers with the outline of the state that start out with TX in their serial numbers.
At a minimum, I would like to see an outline of WV and a serial number starting with WV.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WV1863-01
Or
WV62063-01
Too many numbers?

And I definitely would like to see MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI as part of the design!
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:17:40 PM EDT
[#34]
CharlieHo.... Check your email... I may know a guy.....
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#35]
As far as the serial number, What is the official Serial number format going to be?
While, the F-U-LARRY is something I wouldnt mind having for a "just because" build, I think for these lowers, I personally would like something either incorporating WV, Birthdate of WV, or both somehow.. OR just a basic number? Any suggesstions????
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Almost Heaven ##    would be a suggestion.    

on second thought, if we can get away with it, I would agree with    MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI  - ##
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 5:26:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Almost Heaven ##    would be a suggestion.    

on second thought, if we can get away with it, I would agree with    MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI  - ##
View Quote

Im happy with either of these or like someone said earlier the birth year of the state with a WV in it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Finally getting a chance to check back in on this thread.

All apologies to those above, but I'm afraid that I will have to bow out of the lower at this time. I'd like to swing one, but health concerns and other related expenses are forcing funds into other necessities right now and the holidays being just around the corner isn't helping matters either.

Sorry.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:28:51 AM EDT
[#39]
The serial number prefix can be determined by the consensus of the group.

The F-U-Larry was just for Tuna's amusement to show we love him.

As far as MoTown is concerned, there's a guy we do a lot of business with. Other places in the state I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 10:16:38 PM EDT
[#40]
sounds good..... I like "FBHO#" or "Almost Heaven #" myself, but I'll go with whatever is decided.... I just need to talk to the local FFL dealer here in Craigsville.... I'll get you my info in the next day or two.

THANKS !!! and FBHO
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Next question...

What is everyone's plans for their lowers?

For me, I am strongly leaning towards this being my first .300 blackout as well as my first stamp gun... SBR... and eventually... Suppressed...

How about you all?
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#42]
More than likely 14.5"  DMR for mine.... I think this lower just pushed that build over the 4K mark

I wonder if a certain shop can hook a brother up with an AEM3?
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Not quite sure yet, have to much in the pipeline currently, but when I get around to it, it will probably be a .300 blackout, suppressed of course. We should make this into a picture thread of the lowers as we all finish our builds. Would be cool to see them all built.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 4:22:59 PM EDT
[#44]
I just hope no one puts anything key mod on it..
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Is it too late to get one or two? who do I need to contact?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:44:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Is it too late to get one or two? who do I need to contact?
View Quote

Message MrFrZZ, I think he would be the one you need to talk to.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Hey guys, Just want to Update that the manufacturer is accepting payment for these lowers. I dont think I can port contact information here, but all of you should have an email OR an IM on where to call to arrange payment. If you have any questions, please let me know and I will  do my best to help.

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#48]
You guys also need to get together and decide what the serial number prefix is gonna be, otherwise I'm deciding for you.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:15:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You guys also need to get together and decide what the serial number prefix is gonna be, otherwise I'm deciding for you.
View Quote

WBGV-XXXXX
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:52:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

WBGV-XXXXX
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WBGV-XXXXX

Ugh.... I like this one^^....

but I also like WV62063-xx

but I also Like FULARRYxx
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top