Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2016 3:42:55 PM EDT
Hey all, I'm planning on visiting Wichita the 21st through the 23rd. Is there any must sees or must do things around the area? Going to be mostly preoccupied with a concert and a cutie in the hotel room, but can make some free time to see neat shit. Also, best restaurant in the area? Probably of the American/steakhouse or German variety.

Thanks!

ETA: also, probably won't have a gun, so not too worried about carry laws
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope there is something new but this thread may sum it up.  Sorry  

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=8&f=67&t=547122

I'd check out the salt mine museum in Hutchinson.  

Somebody else would know more about the Wichita aircraft museum.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:43:20 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a lot of food options in Wichita, but nothing really stands out. It's mostly chains anyway. Hanger One was good but I haven't been there in forever. Granite City is good, and I've heard good things about Firebird's Wood Fired Grill, but they're both chains. If you're into Greek, I like Cafe Maurice.

Must see in my opinion is the Kansas Cosmosphere in Hutchinson if you can make it. It's about a 45 minute drive.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:08:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Go to the Anchor (old town area-ish).  Good food and good beer.

ETA:  Forgot to say, it's not a steakhouse though.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Go up to Hutch and see the salt mine, and the cosmosphere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top