Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/29/2008 10:47:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spectre556]
We've had alot of threads lately from folks in differant cities and counties looking for information and advice regarding signoffs on NFA and I had a thought.. What do you guys think about a tacked thread with any first hand knowledge in a given location. No hearsay or rumors you heard form a dealer or at the funshow, I mean either a pic of a stamp or copies of letters and emails telling you to get bent. It would also be a good place to put any contact info. for the LEO agency. Seems like it would help give folks interested in getting into NFA a good place to start. I have some links and info on the ks regs as well as the actual NFA act of 1934, to help explain the process and laws to your local chief LEO. Hell, I'd be willing to start just emailing differant counties throughout the state to get an initial response and then contact some major cities.

******************************************************************************************

Screw all that, as of July 1st 2014 We are a shall sign/certify state boys and girls!!

No more local CLEO using his or her position to deprive you of your right to own an NFA item.

April 22, 2014, Governor Sam Brownback signed HB 2578 the CLEO Shall
Sign and Comprehensive Preemption legislation. These new laws go in to
effect on July 1, 2014.

HB2578 is a great step forward for our 2A rights here in KS

http://www.kslegislature.org/li/b2013_14/measures/documents/summary_hb_2578_2014.pdf

And as it pertains to this thread in particular:

Requires that certification by a chief law enforcement officer (CLEO),
when a sign off is required for the transfer of a firearm or other item
regulated by the National Firearms Act ("NFA"), be provided within
fifteen days as long as the applicant is not prohibited by law from
receiving the firearm or other item. NFA type items are suppressors and
fully automatic firearms also commonly called Class III firearms.

Link Posted: 3/2/2008 6:18:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Coopmandu] [#1]
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 11:21:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By Coopmandu:

Originally Posted By spectre556:
We've had alot of threads lately from folks in differant cities and counties looking for information and advice regarding signoffs on NFA and I had a thought.. What do you guys think about a tacked thread with any first hand knowledge in a given location. No hearsay or rumors you heard form a dealer or at the funshow, I mean either a pic of a stamp or copies of letters and emails telling you to get bent. It would also be a good place to put any contact info. for the LEO agency. Seems like it would help give folks interested in getting into NFA a good place to start. I have some links and info on the ks regs as well as the actual NFA act of 1934, to help explain the process and laws to your local chief LEO. Hell, I'd be willing to start just emailing differant counties throughout the state to get an initial response and then contact some major cities.

Good idea Spectre!!!  In fact its such a good idea I'm gonna let you create the tacked thread.

Let us all know when your done....

Well then tack this one and I will start adding to it!
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 10:01:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Coopmandu] [#4]
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 2:40:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 3/5/2008 2:16:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spectre556] [#6]
Ok folks, I will start with the state laws pertaining to NFA items.

The following is the Kansas legislation concerning these types of weapons and there legality
KS Legislation doesn't say what you can do but only what you can't do. NFA items are line 6 & 7

<span style="COLOR: #ff0000">

<h1>21-4201</h1>

Chapter 21.––CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS

PART II.––PROHIBITED CONDUCT

Article 42.––CRIMES AGAINST THE PUBLIC SAFETY

<span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">21-4201. Criminal use of weapons. (a) Criminal use of weapons is knowingly:

(1) Selling, manufacturing, purchasing, possessing or carrying any bludgeon, sandclub, metal knuckles or throwing star, or any knife, commonly referred to as a switch-blade, which has a blade that opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in the handle of the knife, or any knife having a blade that opens or falls or is ejected into position by the force of gravity or by an outward, downward or centrifugal thrust or movement;

(2) carrying concealed on one's person, or possessing with intent to use the same unlawfully against another, a dagger, dirk, billy, blackjack, slungshot, dangerous knife, straight-edged razor, stiletto or any other dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument of like character, except that an ordinary pocket knife with no blade more than four inches in length shall not be construed to be a dangerous knife, or a dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument;

(3) carrying on one's person or in any land, water or air vehicle, with intent to use the same unlawfully, a tear gas or smoke bomb or projector or any object containing a noxious liquid, gas or substance;

(4) carrying any pistol, revolver or other firearm concealed on one's person except when on the person's land or in the person's abode or fixed place of business;

(5) setting a spring gun;

(6) possessing any device or attachment of any kind designed, used or intended for use in suppressing the report of any firearm;

(7) selling, manufacturing, purchasing, possessing or carrying a shotgun with a barrel less than 18 inches in length or any other firearm designed to discharge or capable of discharging automatically more than once by a single function of the trigger; or

(8) possessing, manufacturing, causing to be manufactured, selling, offering for sale, lending, purchasing or giving away any cartridge which can be fired by a handgun and which has a plastic-coated bullet that has a core of less than 60% lead by weight.

(b) Subsections (a)(1), (2), (3), (4) and (7) shall not apply to or affect any of the following:

(1) Law enforcement officers, or any person summoned by any such officers to assist in making arrests or preserving the peace while actually engaged in assisting such officer;

(2) wardens, superintendents, directors, security personnel and keepers of prisons, penitentiaries, jails and other institutions for the detention of persons accused or convicted of crime, while acting within the scope of their authority;

(3) members of the armed services or reserve forces of the United States or the Kansas national guard while in the performance of their official duty; or

(4) manufacture of, transportation to, or sale of weapons to a person authorized under subsections (b)(1), (2) and (3) to possess such weapons.

(c) Subsection (a)(4) shall not apply to or affect the following:

(1) Watchmen, while actually engaged in the performance of the duties of their employment;

(2) licensed hunters or fishermen, while engaged in hunting or fishing;

(3) private detectives licensed by the state to carry the firearm involved, while actually engaged in the duties of their employment;

(4) detectives or special agents regularly employed by railroad companies or other corporations to perform full-time security or investigative service, while actually engaged in the duties of their employment;

(5) the state fire marshal, the state fire marshal's deputies or any member of a fire department authorized to carry a firearm pursuant to K.S.A. 31-157 and amendments thereto, while engaged in an investigation in which such fire marshal, deputy or member is authorized to carry a firearm pursuant to K.S.A. 31-157 and amendments thereto; or

(6) special deputy sheriffs described in K.S.A. 19-827, and amendments thereto, who have satisfactorily completed the basic course of instruction required for permanent appointment as a part-time law enforcement officer under K.S.A. 74-5607a and amendments thereto.

(d) Subsections (a)(1), (6) and (7) shall not apply to any person who sells, purchases, possesses or carries a firearm, device or attachment which has been rendered unserviceable by steel weld in the chamber and marriage weld of the barrel to the receiver and which has been registered in the national firearms registration and transfer record in compliance with 26 U.S.C. 5841 et seq. in the name of such person and, if such person transfers such firearm, device or attachment to another person, has been so registered in the transferee's name by the transferor.

(e) Subsection (a)(8) shall not apply to a governmental laboratory or solid plastic bullets.

(f) Subsection (a)(6) shall not apply to a law enforcement officer who is:

(1) Assigned by the head of such officer's law enforcement agency to a tactical unit which receives specialized, regular training;

(2) designated by the head of such officer's law enforcement agency to possess devices described in subsection (a)(6); and

(3) in possession of commercially manufactured devices which are: (A) Owned by the law enforcement agency; (B) in such officer's possession only during specific operations; and (C) approved by the bureau of alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives of the United States department of justice.

(g) Subsections (a)(6), (7) and (8) shall not apply to any person employed by a laboratory which is certified by the United States department of justice, national institute of justice, while actually engaged in the duties of their employment and on the premises of such certified laboratory. Subsections (a)(6), (7) and (8) shall not affect the manufacture of, transportation to or sale of weapons to such certified laboratory.

(h) Subsection (a)(4) shall not apply to any person carrying a concealed weapon as authorized by K.S.A. 2008 Supp. 75-7c01 through 75-7c17, and amendments thereto.

(i) Subsections (a)(6) and (7) shall not apply to or affect any person or entity in compliance with the national firearms act, 26 U.S.C. 5801 et seq.

(j) It shall be a defense that the defendant is within an exemption.

(k) Violation of subsections (a)(1) through (a)(5) is a class A nonperson misdemeanor. Violation of subsection (a)(6), (a)(7) or (a)(8) is a severity level 9, nonperson felony.

(l) As used in this section, "throwing star" means any instrument, without handles, consisting of a metal plate having three or more radiating points with one or more sharp edges and designed in the shape of a polygon, trefoil, cross, star, diamond or other geometric shape, manufactured for use as a weapon for throwing.

History: L. 1969, ch. 180, § 21-4201; L. 1978, ch. 365, § 1; L. 1981, ch. 145, § 1; L. 1982, ch. 135, § 2; L. 1982, ch. 136, § 1; L. 1986, ch. 126, § 1; L. 1992, ch. 298, § 67; L. 1993, ch. 291, § 146; L. 1996, ch. 149, § 4; L. 1999, ch. 164, § 12; L. 2002, ch. 123, § 3; L. 2004, ch. 83, § 1; L. 2006, ch. 32, § 20; L. 2008, ch. 103, § 2; July 1.

<div id="roundbottom">
So basically Title II weapons which are legal but require registration in KS are as follows.
Short barreled rifles
Short barreled shotguns
AOW (any other weapon)
other AOW's including true pen guns
Destructive Devices including 40mm grenade launchers

This is the best place to start with if anyone is unfamiliar with the process or laws. I could post the actual NFA act of 1934 but I think you can just google that and save me the page space.

Some other useful links from the class 3 section here on arfcom.

Setting up trust for NFA

SBR faq

NFA faq online BATFE forms and more

NFA at 18
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 7:52:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spectre556] [#7]
I will start and hopefully a few others will add to the list. Remember, opinions, hearsay and secondhand info does not belong here. In the spirit of put up or shut up here is my stamp.
Form 1
Individual
City of Shawnee Ks
Signoff provided by City of Shawnee Police Dept.

Please post up a pic of your stamp or correspondance with an agency letting you know of their intent to sign or not. I know this is not a gaurantee but will give anyone interested in the process a place to start
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 5:27:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: METALMAN] [#8]
OK I'll bite.....

I got my UZI SBR'ed in Douglas County ,KS.
My CLEO who signed off on the whole deal is:

Kenneth M. McGovern
Sheriff
111 e 11th
Lawrence, KS 66044
785-841-0007

I never actually met the sheriff, one of his deputies, who filled out my FBI fingerprint cards, got the form 1 to him. He was very pleasant, asked a bunch of questions because he had never seen one of these forms before, and I was able to talk up the KDSC, and hopefully get a few new members!

Just a heads up. The first time the sheriff filled it out, he mistakenly signed line 8., which was incorrect. For those of you going through the same process, I would put a post it note on the back of the form where the CLEO is supposed to sign off, indicating that this is the correct area for them to fill out.

I had mine overnight. Couldn't be happier. And I was even more happy when I got the form back, stamp and signatures all in place, in less than 2 weeks from the BATFE!
I'de like to say that I was extremely impressed with the people at the BATFE!  They were super helpful, super friendly, and really helped to make sure I had everything I was supposed to have. I say this because I had all kinds of questions when the sheriff signed the wrong area on my form!   I am not sure if there are branches state to state, but I talked with a Ted Clutter who was the sign off at the BATFE NFA branch.

All in all, I encourage all of you looking to do this, to do just that, do it!!! It was far easier than I thought, and I will be SBR'ing my HK51 pistol as soon as I can!
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Heres a better pic of Spectre556's thumper!
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 12:25:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I had no idea that ANY of these were legal.  I thought it was all verboten here.  

Live and learn!  :)  
Link Posted: 3/31/2008 2:25:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By KS_Physicist:
I had no idea that ANY of these were legal.  I thought it was all verboten here.  

Live and learn!  :)  

Yeppers, and in fact there is pending legislation to allow indiv ownership of all types of NFA i.e. full auto, suppressors, and short bbl shotguns. Check out all the threads here in the HTF regarding SB46, and contact your house and senate reps.

Link Posted: 3/31/2008 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I just got my sheriff to sign of for my sbr.

Bob Odell
Cowley co

Just went in and talked to his secretary and told her I had some forms from ATF I needed signed by the sheriff. She took them and came back about five minutes later with them signed. It was to easy.

I hope the wait isn't to long. I can't wait.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 1:13:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: micah360] [#13]
Originally Posted By 78FORDF150:
I just got my sheriff to sign of for my sbr.

Bob Odell
Cowley co

Just went in and talked to his secretary and told her I had some forms from ATF I needed signed by the sheriff. She took them and came back about five minutes later with them signed. It was to easy.

I hope the wait isn't to long. I can't wait.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Wanting to get an SBR done.
I'm moving back to KS, looking for a house to buy in Shawnee, OP or possibly Lenexa.
From this thread I was able to learn Shawnee is GTG (suprised the hell out of me)
Any word on the CLEO's in OP or Lenexa?

Also:
There is some concern about crossing the state line between KS and MO. Because of the unique state boundaries of the KC area, is there any way around all the paperwork involved about state line crossings?
Thanks,
Lappy
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By lapster:
I'm moving back to KS, looking for a house to buy in Shawnee, OP or possibly Lenexa.
From this thread I was able to learn Shawnee is GTG (suprised the hell out of me)

Also:
There is some concern about crossing the state line between KS and MO. Because of the unique state boundaries of the KC area, is there any way around all the paperwork involved about state line crossings?
Thanks,
Lappy

I personally know of two folks here on the board who have done an indiv form 1 in OP but never tallked to anyone doing one in Lenexa.

As for the state line thing the ATF is pretty rigid about the laws, cross the state and you better have your forms filed with them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks Spectre.
I've decided I can't let this SBR issue dictate where I'll buy. I'm divorced w/no kids...but maybe a trust is the way for me to go. I've got an LLC, but it's in MO and I'll probably want to sell within the next 7-8yrs anyway. I figured ATF didn't have any special regs for us folk in the KC area, but had to ask.
If I could locate a 14.5 instead of the 10" 416, I'd just pin the FH and be done with it!
Link Posted: 4/21/2008 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I think an update is in order considering the law that just passed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 12:16:34 AM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By Scorch05:
I think an update is in order considering the law that just passed.

I have noted the upcoming change and will clean up the ks regs when the new ones go into effect.
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 2:54:45 AM EDT
[#19]
When do they go into effect btw
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 4:49:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spectre556] [#20]

July 1st You didn't even read what I wrote did ya?
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone in Wichita have any NFA items?  Or does anyone know the CLEO will sign the paperwork?
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#22]

July 1st You didn't even read what I wrote did ya?

You mean those big bold red words that you edited in? Nope I skimmed right over them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 3:02:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lothbrok] [#23]

Also:
Thanks,
Lappy

I'm fairly certain you have to let the ATF know that you're crossing state lines with your  NFA firearms.
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Any word on Harvey County?
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#25]
You are correct about crossing state lines.  A form 5320.20 (usually just called a 5320) must be filed with the ATF prior to transporting the firearm even if only for a temporarily period of time.  Be sure to allow a few weeks lead time for ATF to grant permission and send you the paperwork prior to your departure date.  

And always be sure you have a copy of your registration paperwork with you when you go out to enjoy shooting your NFA weapon in state or out of state.  It is the first thing the police officer will want to see if he comes out to investigate the sound of someone having too much fun!

Dave Gilmore
FFL/SOT
Leawood, Kansas
Link Posted: 5/17/2008 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#26]
height=8
Originally Posted By davesterAR:
You are correct about crossing state lines.  A form 5320.20 (usually just called a 5320) must be filed with the ATF prior to transporting the firearm even if only for a temporarily period of time.  Be sure to allow a few weeks lead time for ATF to grant permission and send you the paperwork prior to your departure date.  

And always be sure you have a copy of your registration paperwork with you when you go out to enjoy shooting your NFA weapon in state or out of state.  It is the first thing the police officer will want to see if he comes out to investigate the sound of someone having too much fun!

Dave Gilmore
FFL/SOT
Leawood, Kansas

does anyone know if the form grants permission to cross the state line indefinitely, or would one need to be filed for each occurance? I ask cause I go back to OK a lot & it'd be a pain to file every time I turn around.
Link Posted: 5/17/2008 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By powerlinemech:

Dave Gilmore
FFL/SOT
Leawood, Kansas

does anyone know if the form grants permission to cross the state line indefinitely, or would one need to be filed for each occurance? I ask cause I go back to OK a lot & it'd be a pain to file every time I turn around.

I'm fairly certain (boy I sure use that term a lot ) that it's on a per-trip basis.
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Does anyone know if Topeka / Shawnee county will sign or not?
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 3:49:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Well fellas,
Tomorrow I'll decide between two places to make my home. One is in Lenexa, the other is in Mission, KS. They both are in Johnson County.  Does anyone know a friendly CLEO that would possibly be receptive to signing off for an SBR? Perhaps the JoCo Sherriff is the guy to go to?
Should be writing the offer tomorrow afternoon on the new house, and the paperwork isn't the number 1 priority, but I sure would like to get the ball rolling and be able to mate my LMT lower to my 416 upper someday soon.
Lappy is hoping to get happy!
Link Posted: 6/19/2008 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#30]

Well fellas,
Tomorrow I'll decide between two places to make my home. One is in Lenexa, the other is in Mission, KS. They both are in Johnson County.  Does anyone know a friendly CLEO that would possibly be receptive to signing off for an SBR? Perhaps the JoCo Sherriff is the guy to go to?
Should be writing the offer tomorrow afternoon on the new house, and the paperwork isn't the number 1 priority, but I sure would like to get the ball rolling and be able to mate my LMT lower to my 416 upper someday soon.
Lappy is hoping to get happy!

Mission has a good PD, I've worked with them a lot - I work security with Target and the Mission Target is heavy hit.  Anyways, they're good people.  Don't know how they feel about guns but their officer interaction is always nice.

If I remember correctly, Lenexa doesn't allow open carry.  I don't know if that would carry over into an apprehension to sign NFA paperwork or not.  Just something to keep in mind.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#31]
What is the exact form number for a form 1.  I'd like to order one but am having trouble picking out what i need to order from the ATF website.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 10:43:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spectre556] [#32]
Originally Posted By Stubs:
What is the exact form number for a form 1.  I'd like to order one but am having trouble picking out what i need to order from the ATF website.

Thanks

The form your looking for is F 1 (5320.1) - Application to Make and Register a Firearm

You will also need to order this one: F 5330.20 - Certificate of Compliance With 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B)

And you can also get your fingerprint cards while your at it:  FBI FD-258LE - NFA, Imports ORI WVATF0800

Get at least two of each(order extras in case you screw something up)

It's all free of charge from the NFA distribution center

Oder online here:

NFA forms

Link Posted: 2/21/2009 11:40:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CitySlicker] [#33]
Can we compile a list of Kansas dealers that handle NFA transfers?
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 1:43:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spectre556] [#34]

Originally Posted By CitySlicker:

Off the top of my head:

Darin Reiss

FFL/SOT in Haysville, KS

Darrel at D9firearms.com

Overland Park KS

DavesterAR here on arfcom

Dave Gilmore

FFL/SOT

Leawood, Kansas

Feel free to add anyone else you know

Link Posted: 2/23/2009 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Off the top of my head:

Darin Reiss
FFL/SOT in Haysville, KS

Darrel at D9firearms.com  
Overland Park KS

Ks firearms Specialties
http://www.kansasfirearmsspecialties.com/
Tonganoxie, KS  

Leawood KS I believe

Feel free to add anyone else you know

Charger Arms
Cherryvale KS

Double Eagle Firearms
Arkansas City KS
Link Posted: 2/28/2009 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks for mentioning my name.  I can be reached at [email protected] 913-488-1459 if I can answer any questions or be of service RE your NFA needs.  I have a table at the Overland Park Convention Center gun show tomorrow 3/29/09 as well.

Dave Gilmore
FFL/SOT
Leawood, Ks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 2:39:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Thanks for mentioning my name.  I can be reached at [email protected] 913-488-1459 if I can answer any questions or be of service RE your NFA needs.  I have a table at the Overland Park Convention Center gun show tomorrow 3/29/09 as well.

Dave Gilmore
FFL/SOT
Leawood, Ks.

In addition to having some very cool toys, Dave is just a helluva nice guy!

Link Posted: 5/27/2009 10:01:29 PM EDT
[#38]
quick question about my ks sbr, at present i can't go into missouri with it because every time i fill out the atf form, twice now, it gets rejected, says something about "doesn't comply with mo rules."  i wanted to go to a shooting range in mo and another time, to the airport so i can fly out of town.  anyway, a few years back, i got approval for a year but this time, same exact forms, disapproval.  someone told me something has recently changed in missouri, perhaps they don't allow sbr anymore or you have to have a special license.?  before i go digging into missouri law, can someone tell me off the top of their head what i might be missing or where to start looking?  also, can you let me know about a public ks range (kc metro area) where i can shoot my 308 sbr?  thanks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2009 11:21:39 PM EDT
[#39]
I know that if you are a MO resident, that only FFL holders can possess ANY NFA item.

All the MO guys get C&R licenses and are good to go. No trusts for them though.

I don't know how that applies to someone in another state coming in or passing through.
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 3:15:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spectre556] [#40]

Originally Posted By kensteele:

quick question about my ks sbr, at present i can't go into missouri with it because every time i fill out the atf form, twice now, it gets rejected, says something about "doesn't comply with mo rules." i wanted to go to a shooting range in mo and another time, to the airport so i can fly out of town. anyway, a few years back, i got approval for a year but this time, same exact forms, disapproval. someone told me something has recently changed in missouri, perhaps they don't allow sbr anymore or you have to have a special license.? before i go digging into missouri law, can someone tell me off the top of their head what i might be missing or where to start looking? also, can you let me know about a public ks range (kc metro area) where i can shoot my 308 sbr? thanks.
Most of the MO guys aquire an C&R FFL as it seems to be the simple and economical way to meet the requirement.

From Mo Sec. 571-020 2(5): "...No short barreled rifle, short barreled shotgun, machine gun, or firearm silencer may be possessed, manufactured, transported, repaired or sold as a curio, ornament, or keepsake, unless such person is an importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector licensed by the Secretary of the Treasury pursuant to the Gun Control Act of 1968, U.S.C., Title 18, ..."

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C500-599/5710000020.HTM
Thanks to GarretJ for that info BTW, he chimed in when this question came up once a few months ago.

Link Posted: 6/1/2009 9:27:23 PM EDT
[#41]
ok, the instructions seem straightforward and the price is right, i'll give the c&r a try.  appreciate it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2009 12:57:35 PM EDT
[#42]
So can I buy a suppressor now or what?  Seeing as how I am not an attorney, I prefer to not interpret things on my own.  From what I have been told, July 1 was the magical date.   I would like very much to not look like an ass if I start talking to someone about this particular subject!!  
Link Posted: 7/11/2009 10:54:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By kchustle:

So can I buy a suppressor now or what? Seeing as how I am not an attorney, I prefer to not interpret things on my own. From what I have been told, July 1 was the magical date. I would like very much to not look like an ass if I start talking to someone about this particular subject!!

Yes since July 1st of last year you can buy a suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 4:38:50 AM EDT
[#44]
I will be moving to Wichita soon.  If I understand the information posted here correctly I will also be getting a suppressor and maybe a SBR!!!!  That being said, what government office do I contact to begin the process, is there maybe a website or outline of the process somewhere?  And does anyone know any NFA/Class III dealers in the Wichita area?
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 6:23:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spectre556] [#45]

Originally Posted By IA71:

I will be moving to Wichita soon. If I understand the information posted here correctly I will also be getting a suppressor and maybe a SBR!!!! That being said, what government office do I contact to begin the process, is there maybe a website or outline of the process somewhere? And does anyone know any NFA/Class III dealers in the Wichita area?

A good place to start is in the class 3 section here on arfcom.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=17

I think Darin Reiss is an FFL/SOT out of Haysville Ks a bit south of Wichita.  He used to post here once in a while but not sure if he's still active on this board.

Might check here:

http://ksccw.com/index.php?s=c24ca563cb47de2426fc0b2043916c33
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Any C3 dealers in the Overland Park area?  Looking for a suppressor transfer or to buy one from a stocking dealer if the price is right.
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By andrasik:
Any C3 dealers in the Overland Park area?  Looking for a suppressor transfer or to buy one from a stocking dealer if the price is right.

Dave Gilmore is in Leawood, known here on ARFCOM as DavesterAR. An excellent guy to deal with.
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#48]

Any C3 dealers in the Overland Park area? Looking for a suppressor transfer or to buy one from a stocking dealer if the price is right.

RIF!!!!!!

posted on this page earlier and now highlighted in red.

Off the top of my head:

Darin Reiss

FFL/SOT in Haysville, KS

Darrel at D9firearms.com

Overland Park KS

Ks firearms Specialties

Tonganoxie, KS

Dave Gilmore

FFL/SOT

Leawood, Kansas
Link Posted: 2/8/2010 12:09:13 AM EDT
[#49]

Any C3 dealers in the Overland Park area? Looking for a suppressor transfer or to buy one from a stocking dealer if the price is right.

RIF!!!!!!

Off the top of my head:

Darin Reiss

FFL/SOT in Haysville, KS

Darrel at D9firearms.com

Overland Park KS

Ks firearms Specialties

Tonganoxie, KS

Dave Gilmore

FFL/SOT

Leawood, Kansas

I kant reed gud

Link Posted: 2/8/2010 12:35:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spectre556] [#50]

RIF!!!!!!

Off the top of my head:

Darin Reiss

FFL/SOT in Haysville, KS

Darrel at D9firearms.com

Overland Park KS

Ks firearms Specialties

Tonganoxie, KS

Dave Gilmore

FFL/SOT

Leawood, Kansas

I kant reed gud

I was just bustin chops a little..

Seriously though Darrel is in OP and Dave is over in Leawood. Both are great guys and will hook you up at a reasonable price.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Tacked Kansas NFA info and FAQ thread... ***EDIT*** As of JULY 1st 2014 KS is a shall sign state for NFA (Page 1 of 2)
Page Hometown » Kansas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top