Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2017 7:06:47 PM EDT
My wife and I are thinking of taking a ten day trip to the big island in late June. Any advice of where to stay and what not to miss would be appreciated greatly.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want sunshine without it being too hot then the resorts on the West side of the island are the way to go.  Kona has hotter temps and a much greater selection of bars and restaurants but not much for beaches.  Hilo is rainy and I wouldn't recommend it.

Volcano National Park, Waipio Valley, and the top of Mauna Kea are good places to visit.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:16:09 AM EDT
[#2]
If staying at a resort isn't a priority for you, I'd recommend renting a condo in Waikoloa.  The west side of the Big Island is much better for tourists and has a lot more options than the Hilo side.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I second what the previous member said. Kona and the whole island is spread out and mass transit is not as plentiful so a rental car is a must.

Check out several coffee farms and drink at the local coffee houses. you can get starbucks anytime.  kona beer brewing company has some good food
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top