Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2017 12:03:44 AM EDT
Tried to look on sled & found nothing. I want to carry owb (glock 19) but gun prints much more.
Is there a law here against that? Or as long as it's covered printing is not a issue? Thank you in advance
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:23:47 AM EDT
[#1]
There is nothing in SC gun laws that addresses the issue other than a concealable handgun must be concealed "through regular/noral wear/use of clothing" or something to that effect.

Translation: if your firearm is indiscernible from a casual observer (vs. someone who knows what to look for) then you're fine.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:55:24 AM EDT
[#2]
"Printing" is not illegal.

If you're overly concerned with "printing," alter your carry method. Otherwise, tote and go.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#3]
SECTION 23-31-210
http://scstatehouse.gov/code/t23c031.php

"Concealable weapon" definition (which is the most specific definition in law): "must be carried in a manner that is hidden from public view in normal wear of clothing except when needed for self-defense, defense of others, and the protection of real or personal property."
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:26:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully you don't wear your T-shirts like this guy:
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 10:22:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I prefer OWB although I've got IWB options as well.  A darker color shirt with some sort of patterning in it seems to work better for me.  Like carrying IWB, you may have to go up a size or you may need to buy longer shirts; Columbia Sportswear shirts seem to work pretty well for me.  Another consideration is when reaching for stuff with your dominant arm such as groceries on the shelf in the store.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 11:34:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 3:47:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hopefully you don't wear your T-shirts like this guy:
https://static.simpsonswiki.com/images/thumb/9/9d/Comic_Book_Guy.png/200px-Comic_Book_Guy.png
View Quote
yup that's me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top