Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2017 5:58:18 PM EDT
I know, I know...."its gander mountain"....

passing through town and decided to stop in with the going out of business thing, looking for a cheap inshore rod. The ugly sticks cost more with their "out of business discount" than walmart at normal price, and 20% isn't a going out of business sale....finally wanted to see if they had any surplus guns to chuckle at, yep...two sks's marked down from 5 something to 475$ and a m98 mosin...for 700+

promptly walked out....yep, cool story....no wonder the place has gone under
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Gander Mountain.....
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Gander Mountain had high prices to begin with.

The bankruptcy is convoluted as well.  The guy that owns Camping World bought the name and some of the store leases.

Another company bought the inventory and is running the clearance sales, which as you point out are no real bargains.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
they just have a bad business model, instead of making a small amount of profit on a large amount of items...keeping prices down...they go for homeruns and major mark ups, hoping to sell a few items...
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I was there a couple days ago, literally next door at Tanger Outlets so went over. Some firearm prices reasonable, some laughable. Didn't see much on ammo deals. There were however some deals to be had on accessories, unfortunately they didn't have anything I needed. Some cheap clothes around. I wouldn't make a special trip there or go out of my way for anything there.

I did see that $700 surplus rifle but it was some kind of Mauser, not a Mosin but either way not worth it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 8:36:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Just...let...them...die.

"Firearms Superstore" my ass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top