Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2017 6:21:51 PM EDT
I could not find anything so chime in if you know.. thanks.
a few times a week I walk the "Rail trail" in Spartanburg with my dog and go to the dog park.  I have always carried , but just yesterday  while at the dog park I was picking up after my dog I must have showed a bit and someone complained.  I was told Firearms are NOT allowed at the dog park...?????
this is a city owned dog park, NO SIGNS stating  no CC in the park.    I looked online but could not find anything...
I walk that trail early in the AM and there are some shady characters on that path... I'm carrying!  so pretty much I know I'm good.. but are there any laws against  me CC in a city owned park?    again this is in the city of Spartanburg...
thanks....
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#1]
SC Law prohibits conceal carry on SCHOOL property or INSIDE government (city, county or state) buildings other than highway rest stops. (16-23-420)

SC Law prohibits cities and counties from making their own laws under 23-31-510.

So unless it's posted as required by law you're good to go. Who told you you couldn't carry? Someone affiliated with the government or just a concerned citizen?
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SC Law prohibits conceal carry on SCHOOL property or INSIDE government (city, county or state) buildings other than highway rest stops. (16-23-420)

SC Law prohibits cities and counties from making their own laws under 23-31-510.

So unless it's posted as required by law you're good to go. Who told you you couldn't carry? Someone affiliated with the government or just a concerned citizen?
View Quote
the few citizens that were there.. they said they reported me to the park director... not quite sure what that means.. but I am going to continue my CC as I walk or enter the park...
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#3]
If there are no signs, you're fine.

Just do a little better job keeping it concealed so some ass doesn't try to get you on a brandishing charge.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 12:32:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If there are no signs, you're fine.

Just do a little better job keeping it concealed so some ass doesn't try to get you on a brandishing charge.
View Quote
"Printing" or inadvertent exposure of a firearm does not constitute "brandishing" (pointing and presenting in legal speak) in South Carolina. That being said yeah, work on your concealment skills. It's not difficult unless you wear your T-shirts like this guy:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top