Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2017 7:36:28 PM EDT
My fiance and I are trying to plan a short two day trip to Charleston soon and would like some suggestions of things to do, see and to avoid. We will be coming out of GA so a refresher on carry laws would be nice as well!. Currently, our only plans are to visit Fort Sumter so we would like to add a few more things to do.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:16:15 PM EDT
[#1]
We are heading down Sunday. Plantations, A big Aquarium, I think you can tour a aircraft carrier and a sub too.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 9:54:08 AM EDT
[#2]
SC now has reciprocity with GA so as long as you have a valid GA CWP, you're good to go. Just pay attention to any businesses/buildings that may have valid "no carry signs" posted.

The aquarium, while not nearly as big as Atlanta or Baltimore, is a VERY nice aquarium. As also suggested, Patriot's Point has some cool sights. There are plenty of restaurants (all types of cuisine and varying levels of expense) in Charleston. If you're a PSA fan, they have a store in Mt Pleasant and their newest (and biggest) store is in Summerville and that one has an indoor range. Both are not too far from downtown Charleston. If you're a music fan, check the schedule at the Music Farm and see who's playing while you're in town. You can do harbor cruise/dinner cruises. Of course you have the Market downtown along with a plethora of other shopping destinations.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Shameless plug...the Aquarium just opened their newly expanded sea turtle hospital. It's awesome.

Disclaimer..wife and I are long-time donors and supporters of the Sea Turtle Rescue.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 10:59:49 PM EDT
[#4]
The Griffin or Charleston burger company is pretty good.

And hit ye old for a shake.

Of course all of these are casual cheapish stuff.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shameless plug...the Aquarium just opened their newly expanded sea turtle hospital. It's awesome.

Disclaimer..wife and I are long-time donors and supporters of the Sea Turtle Rescue.
View Quote
We saw the sea turtle rescue in march in Manteo.  I think there was a turtle in every tank due to cold stunning.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Griffin or Charleston burger company is pretty good.

And hit ye old for a shake.

Of course all of these are casual cheapish stuff.
View Quote
Ye Old's shakes are the BOMB!!!!! Their ice cream and food in general is good though.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#7]
If you're hitting Sumter grab a meal at Obstinate Daughter right down the street.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#8]
The Hunley Museum
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I literally just got back from Charleston.

We did Fort Sumter, but, my family enjoyed Fort Moultrie much better.  Plus it's only $2 per person versus the $21 for the boat ride.  Moreover, the time they give you at the fort (around an hour) is far too short once you get there.

I'd like to plug Patriots Point.  It far exceeded expectations, we rushed it and only covered 1/2 or so of the tours and displays and that took every bit of 4 hours.  If you did it justice and did the audio tour, it would take all day.  I can't recommend it enough, plus here's a link for $5 off coupon.  

http://www.visitmyrtlebeach.com/coupon/patriots-point-naval-%26-maritime-museum-%245-off-each-regular-adult-ticket/3605/

Have fun!
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 12:34:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I literally just got back from Charleston.

We did Fort Sumter, but, my family enjoyed Fort Moultrie much better.  Plus it's only $2 per person versus the $21 for the boat ride.  Moreover, the time they give you at the fort (around an hour) is far too short once you get there.

I'd like to plug Patriots Point.  It far exceeded expectations, we rushed it and only covered 1/2 or so of the tours and displays and that took every bit of 4 hours.  If you did it justice and did the audio tour, it would take all day.  I can't recommend it enough, plus here's a link for $5 off coupon.  

http://www.visitmyrtlebeach.com/coupon/patriots-point-naval-%26-maritime-museum-%245-off-each-regular-adult-ticket/3605/

Have fun!
View Quote
Thanks for posting that coupon.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top