Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2017 7:20:58 PM EDT
never thought with my experience I would have a issue finding work... but after 9 months I have been here in SC and I have been on several interviews but cannot secure a job...  from what I hear this area(upstate GSP) is booming in real estate /building, and remodeling... most jobs I see are in Greenville or west of Greenville... living in south Spartanburg I know I'm living in the wrong area... but wow... no work for me to be found.  my wife works for GHS  but in boiling springs.. so I'm stuck in this sector for awhile... if anyone knows anyone in the building remodeling business in the Spartanburg area looking for a seasoned worker... please let me know...  my funds are drying up....thanks...
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried Roebuck Bldg Corp? Have you gone to the local employment office in Spartanburg for leads? Have you talked to the local major building supply warehouses and yards to see who is doing lots of work and may be hiring. Multiple significant orders to a supply house weekly from the same contractor should indicate that they are doing well and may be in need of skilled help.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:33:03 AM EDT
[#2]
And just what is your trade and experience??????????????????????
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And just what is your trade and experience??????????????????????
View Quote
yeh I probably should have mentioned that..  
I have worked the last 35 years in the residential/ light commercial building and remodeling business... I  can and probably have done all aspects of residential building.. from the ground up. I am also certified as a service tech and have my HVAC universal cert.... from wood to water.. I have been there done that... I understand that the pay scale is lower here do to the cost of living being lower.. but a few offers I have had were $12 or less...  I'll stand at Walmart as a greeter for $8 an hr before I beat my body up any more and use all my knowledge for $12 an hr.  that might sound like I'm a jerk.. I'm just a guy who want's to get paid to do what he does..
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#4]
What sites have you looked on?

Try ziprecruiter and indeed
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you willing to work overseas? Check FLUOR they have an office in Greenville. I have know idea what their pay is like . I do see a lot of flour employees in bagram.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:21:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you willing to work overseas? Check FLUOR they have an office in Greenville. I have know idea what their pay is like . I do see a lot of flour employees in bagram.
View Quote
Go to Fluor's website, job listings and contacts are there.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:01:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:05:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Check the local school districts... They may be looking for maintenance staff.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#9]
 Is Columbia an option?

FN has some open spots:

https://fnamerica.com

Columbia:  job openings

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top