Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2017 4:54:53 PM EDT
Went to shoot this afternoon and the Forest Service has put up a new gate and signage.

The note says they are going to repair some erosion issues.  It also says there may be lead making its way into Cedar Creek.  It has been clear in the past that the Forest Service doesn't really want to deal with this range and they probably would have shut it down then had some locals not intervened and help clean it up about 10 years back.  

I believe there is a new group of people running the Rangers office now so I don't know where they stand.  

I left there and decided to go to the indoor range in Lavonia only to find it has closed down too.  

Looks like I will either have to drive over an hour away to shoot or go to the manned range in Pickens where it is slow fire only.  

I really hope they don't use this lead in the water crap to shut down Cedar Creek permanently.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Where is the Cedar Creek range?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Excuse my ignorance, but I have no clue where this is.

Edit....I see it's way up past Seneca on the Georgia line.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:09:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, it is in Oconee county.  Above Walhalla.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top