Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2017 10:33:30 AM EDT
I'm looking for a place within driving distance of Sburg to buy reloading stuff.

Where is a good place?
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Ditto.  Been looking as well.  Only seem to find stuff at the shows, but even then, it's not in the quantities I'm looking for...
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:09:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Cabela's and PSA in Greenville - selection better at Cabela's but prices better at PSA.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cabela's and PSA in Greenville - selection better at Cabela's but prices better at PSA.
View Quote
And neither has the quantities, or powders I need......
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 2:29:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's it?

Fuck.

I would think some small town would have a gun shop around here.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:37:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't know what your "quantity" requirements are, or powders that you need. PSA does carry 4 and 8 lb containers. The "gun shops" only have 1 lb containers and not in large quantities. Maybe a gun shop will order for you but you may have to wait until they get a large enough order together.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Don't know what your "quantity" requirements are, or powders that you need. PSA does carry 4 and 8 lb containers. The "gun shops" only have 1 lb containers and not in large quantities. Maybe a gun shop will order for you but you may have to wait until they get a large enough order together.
View Quote
I usually acquire 8lb cans of AA2, 5, 7 and W296......can't seem to find that anywhere, not even at the shows, at least not when I need it.  And bullets by the 1000 is also hard to find here.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:49:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Try Grady's Great Outdoors in Anderson. Yea, That's a pretty good hike from S'burg. Grady's used to be heavily invested in selling reloading stuff, but, honestly, I have not been there in about 8 years. Call them and ask price and availability on your preferred reloading supplies. While you are at it, check with White - Jones Hardware in Anderson. They have a gun department and al least used to sell some reloading supplies.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:25:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Your best bet is to attend the Gun Shows in Greenville.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where are they located?

Large quantities of some stuff is ok, but sometimes I just want a pound or low count box to test something.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 4:31:11 AM EDT
[#10]
why can't you just order large jugs of powder from Powder Valley and bullets from some place like RMR? Seems you'd save a lot time/money driving around.

Our local store only carries 1 lb. containers and they have not ordered any Win powders in forever...only Alliant and Hodgdon. They've never even heard of Ramshot or Accurate.

I use Blue Bullets for my pistol pill needs. I can get 9mm pills for six to seven cents each shipping included. You can even sign up for a 5% discount when you register on thefiringline.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:49:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I was in Grady's yesterday, they do still carry components. Some brass, an aisle full of boxes of projectiles, and powder, mostly in 1 Pound bottles. The only 8 pound jug I saw was Universal, for $199.99. Didn't look to see what the other powders were on the shelf because they were only 1 pounders. I don't remember seeing any primers on the shelf, but that doesn't mean they weren't there.
 Not to hijack, but are there any good ranges in Anderson county? Looking at the area as an escape from NY.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:33:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
why can't you just order large jugs of powder from Powder Valley and bullets from some place like RMR? Seems you'd save a lot time/money driving around.

Our local store only carries 1 lb. containers and they have not ordered any Win powders in forever...only Alliant and Hodgdon. They've never even heard of Ramshot or Accurate.

I use Blue Bullets for my pistol pill needs. I can get 9mm pills for six to seven cents each shipping included. You can even sign up for a 5% discount when you register on thefiringline.
View Quote
HAZMAT.....They can't send powders and primers together so you end up paying separate hazmat fees for each.  Plus if there's a limit on how much powder per hazmat fee, or at least there used to be.  Not to mention I have been accustomed to going into the store, or show as the case may be, cash and carry.  Have it that day and get loaded up......
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:44:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I was in Grady's yesterday, they do still carry components. Some brass, an aisle full of boxes of projectiles, and powder, mostly in 1 Pound bottles. The only 8 pound jug I saw was Universal, for $199.99. Didn't look to see what the other powders were on the shelf because they were only 1 pounders. I don't remember seeing any primers on the shelf, but that doesn't mean they weren't there.
 Not to hijack, but are there any good ranges in Anderson county? Looking at the area as an escape from NY.
View Quote

http://www.dnr.sc.gov/shooting/bycounty.html
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 9:53:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks. I guess I'm not the only escapee, both ranges in Anderson are closed to new members due to recent surges in membership.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks. I guess I'm not the only escapee, both ranges in Anderson are closed to new members due to recent surges in membership.
View Quote
Crazy. Start with the next closest and go from there
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top