Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2017 11:16:10 AM EDT
Hey guys, going to Charleston soon and have a few questions for you all.

1.  Don't have a concealed carry, can I still have it locked up in my truck?  

2.  Good places to eat there?  Nothing too pricey, just quality food

3.  Any big attractions/must do's?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Where is that Charleston Sticky the SC board talked about last year? OP. Did you do a search?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Without a permit, you can have a loaded pistol in your glove box or console. Does not need to be locked.
View Quote
This covers your "carry question."

As far as food, Chucktown has TONS of good restaurants in just about every price range. Just depends on what kind of food you're looking for. Martha Lou's is nothing to look at but the food is great. Comfort food type joint. Bowen Island restaurant has great local oysters. I'm a BIG FAN of Graze in Summerville (I think they have a spot in Mt Pleasant too). The Islander on Daniel Island is good and their bar tenders know what they're doing. The Tattooed Moose is a cool little joint with good food. Hominy Grill, Early Bird Diner.....like I said, there are hundreds of good places to eat in and around Charleston.

The aquarium is small but it's pretty cool. My kid loves it! Charleston has more historic places to check out than they have good restaurants to eat at.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:23:18 AM EDT
[#6]
What kind of food do you like? There are good options ranging from cheap to very pricey. Check out Obstinate Daughter, High Cotton, and 167 Raw. If you want a cheaper option, Graze is good and Sesame is good for burgers. Hometown BBQ is decent as well.

And since this is a gun forum, go rent one of the FA guns at Quickshot.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 6:51:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Go eat at Poogan's Porch.  Get the maple syrup drizzled stuffed fried chicken.

You're welcome.
View Quote
He said not too pricey. Everyone knows you got some cash so I'm sure it's cheap to you.

But for what it is that place is pretty expensive, and there really isn't that many options.

If you're wanting good cheap food OP, try the Griffen.

Charleston burger co is pretty good also.

As far as attractions. Tour guide and hit the beach.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:51:24 PM EDT
[#10]
This thread has my attention too.  We are heading down in June.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:43:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Also headed to charleston/folley beach. Quickshot is on my list (can I shoot suppressed there?) basically a 30rd magazine will make me feel nice coming from NY.

Any good historical places to visit and unknown local eats/breweries?
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks. Any Jiu Jitsu schools worth dropping in on? Google showed me like 7
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't think they have cans, but if you do you can bring one. I go there sometimes and will bring a 22 can if our schedules line up
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 5:58:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Gotta plug for my kid's paycheck.  

Go to Slightly North of Broad with your sammich maker.  She won't have to make a sammich for you but you will still get paid.  

Patriots Point is interesting.  Lots of history and the sub walk through is pretty cool.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#16]
How is the Francis Marion bike trail?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:15:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How is the Francis Marion bike trail?
View Quote
Check out The Citadel (old campus at Marion Square as well) while you are down there. Pretty much all of the food down in the peninsula is gonna be a little higher though because of the tourists. Callie's hot little biscuit is pretty cool for a quick breakfast on the move and Wild Olive on Johns Island is good eats for dinner and not in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the peninsula. Avoid North Charleston with the exception of maybe a couple hours in the Old Village at the end of East Montague. EVO Pizza is pretty good and carries a bunch of the local Micro Brews

Edit: sorry, didn't mean to quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top