Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2017 10:37:07 PM EDT
I want to purchase a lower and pick it up at the Farrow Road store while I'm in Columbia on other business.

How is this done?

ETA: got it, I think. When you're taken to the dealer locator page  you enter "29203" for the Zip Code and it gives you the Farrow Road Store as the receiving FFL.

I'm assuming they charge shipping but not the FFL transfer fee is this correct?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 5:47:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd probably just call them. I walked in on Saturday and bought one right out of the case.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:03:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Have not done this, but from what I have read: They charge tax and shipping on orders sent to the Farrow Rd store. When you pick up the order at the Farrow Rd store, the store will credit the shipping expense back to your credit card.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It may still take a week or so for it to be shipped to the store.  I would call JD, the manager.   Tell him either @gamecockoperator or I recommended him.  They will price match if it is in stock.
View Quote
@d16man is correct.  JD and his crew are on top of it and will bend over backwards for customers.  Great team there.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:50:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Have not done this, but from what I have read: They charge tax and shipping on orders sent to the Farrow Rd store. When you pick up the order at the Farrow Rd store, the store will credit the shipping expense back to your credit card.
View Quote
Correct.  This is how it worked when I ordered some mags last year in March.  Paid tax and got credited shipping after I made the pick up.

I cannot answer whether they charge a transfer fee for ordering online and shipping to the store.

FWIW.  The shipping address part of ordering for in-store pickup has always been a bit troublesome.  This is the shipping address format that worked for me early last year:

My Name
Palmetto State Armory - IN-STORE PICKUP
200 Business Park Blvd
** My Name - In-Store Pickup **
Columbia, South Carolina, 29203
United States
T: 803-ooh-yeah (the phone number to my secret volcano lair)
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
@d16man is correct.  JD and his crew are on top of it and will bend over backwards for customers.  Great team there.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It may still take a week or so for it to be shipped to the store.  I would call JD, the manager.   Tell him either @gamecockoperator or I recommended him.  They will price match if it is in stock.
+2 I had a rifle transferred there from PA this week. Great people.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:20:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Another +1 for JD and the staff there at the Farrow Rd. store. They definitely know how to take care of the customer.

When I'm looking for something I actually drive past the Fernandina store to go out there.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Have you tried taking a look at the FAQs on their website?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Have you tried taking a look at the FAQs on their website?
View Quote
Goddamn 13'ers and their smart-ass suggestions. I suppose you stop and ask for directions when you're lost and thoroughly read the owners manual on every appliance you've purchased.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top