Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2017 7:20:14 PM EDT
Is this an ABC store purchase? Couldn't find it in the grocery store
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:34:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I use it in some rum drinks. Its uncommon enough that it has to be tracked down in a lot of places. Try your better more upscale grocery store like Publix, Harris Teeter, Kroger if you are near those. And yes, a well stocked liquor store should have it, not your mom and pop corner red dot store specializing in pints of rot gut booze. I keep both the regular Angostura bitters and their orange bitters around.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:22:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Good to know it's not mandated to be sold only in ABC stores. Have to go to Cola today will check Publix.

Yesterday I wanted to make an Old Fashioned like no one's business. For decades I had a bottle of bitters in the cupboard and now it's nowhere to be found.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like the stuff a buddy of mine uses.  I'm betting he gets his at Greens since that's where I know he buys his liquor on the way to the hunt club.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Scored a bottle at local hoity-toity ABC store. $9 minus 5% mil/veterans discount.

LOL I'll bet that last bottle cost two bucks...in 1983.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Some liquor stores apparently can only sell alcohol? I asked for bitters at my local ABC and was told that is why they don't have bitters, they could not by law sell them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some liquor stores apparently can only sell alcohol? I asked for bitters at my local ABC and was told that is why they don't have bitters, they could not by law sell them.
View Quote
I think you were feed a line. The orange bitters I bought came from a well stocked liquor store at the beach. I think that liquor laws in SC are uniform statewide, IIRC.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:08:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Saw it on the shelf at local Food Lion (drink mixers section). No cheaper than at ABC store, though. Still nine bucks a pop.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Amazon offers an amazing variety of aromatic bitters. I had no idea that there were so many available.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top