Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2017 9:14:10 AM EDT
http://wbtw.com/2017/02/13/horry-county-considers-gun-use-regulation-ordinance/

Calling it a noise ordinance but obviously aimed at squashing outdoor shooting activities throughout the county.
Would advise all 2A supporters to watch this carefully.  This was tried a few years ago and was dropped due to local opposition.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Ours is the worst county in the whole damn country
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:10:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm certain the news story is misrepresenting the matter, but as someone who does shoot on his property (5ac, 100yd maximum distance) this is important to me.

The way it's described, people are shooting without an adequate backstop (for their skill level) and the rounds are not being contained on the property. To me that's already illegal and the individuals should be warned that they could be charged with a violation of SC Code Section 16-23-440, "Discharging firearms at or into dwellings, structures, enclosures, vehicles or equipment; penalties" and told to clear out.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 2:17:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ours is the worst county in the whole damn country
View Quote
You are joking, right?  I can't even shoot a slingshot in my backyard.
My town laws

"Discharge prohibited.
No person shall, except in self-defense and when reasonably necessary for the protection of life or property, fire or discharge or cause to be fired or discharged any rifle, shotgun, air rifle, slingshot or firearm, as defined in § 265.00 of the Penal Law, or discharge or cause to be discharged any longbow, within the boundaries of the Town of xxx."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top