Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Next SCHTF meet?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Columbia got a new restaurant in the Vista saturday, and it's everything I hoped for.

Moriarty's Irish Pub, 902 Gervais St in Columbia. The old location of the Wild Hare, next to World of Beer and Carolina Strip Club.

The owner, James Pickle, is a personal friend of mine, and has been voted the best bartender in Columbia for the last few years. Some of you may know him from his time at The British Bulldog, Ruth Chris, and Uncle Louis'. The chef, Matt Lynch, is another friend of mine. He has experience in Michelin-starred restaurants, and is a sommelier.

The decor isn't anything inspiring just yet, but the food is absolutely on point. The burger I had the other day was probably the best burger I've had in this city. I think the menu is planned to grow larger, but currently features a half dozen burgers, a similar number of sandwichers and appetizers, a fairly extensive salad option, and a few traditional entree options.

The restaurant does not have a freezer.

Next SCHTF meet?

Sounds good. I need to find a good burger
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:01:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 11:04:52 PM EDT
[#3]
TTT
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:59:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Please remove Wildfish as being recommended for Georgetown.

Maybe it used to be good, but in my personal experience, and all the recent Yelp reviews it does not belong on a list of recommended places to eat.
View Quote
agreed. the place has been sold a couple of times since i put it on my list. It's become one of those places that can't be far from shutting down.

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 7:03:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 8:54:43 AM EDT
[#9]
For Columbia, I would vote for Nicky's Pizza. Really good pizza, a little $, but you get your money's worth.

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 7:03:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#11]
15 Places for cheeseburgers in Columbia, SC:

http://www.thestate.com/living/food-drink/article102625567.html

COLUMBIA, SC

Sunday, Sept. 18, is National Cheeseburger Day.

So in honor of the occasion, we’re offering a list – suggested by readers a few years ago and recently updated – of some of Columbia’s favorite places for cheeseburgers.

Happy eating!

Rockaway’s (2719 Rosewood Drive), known for one of the best pimento cheeseburgers around.

Pawley’s Front Porch (827 Harden St., Five Points), whose burgers have been featured on “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives” on the Food Network.

Henry’s (2865 Devine St.) Try the Henry’s Signature Burger with imported red dragon cheese, sautéed mushrooms, and onions.

Kingsman (936 Axtell Drive, Cayce; second location in Lexington), where you’ve got to try The Big Cheese ribeye burger. The ribeye is ground in-house daily.

Twisted Spur (705 Gervais St.), which offers a classic pub burger with a range of cheese choices, among them a beer cheese sauce.

Thirsty Fellow (621 Gadsden St.), with a BLD that includes cheese, a sunnyside-up egg and bacon.

Mack’s Cash Grocery (1809 Laurel St.), with a classic cheeseburger fried on a flat top, made to order.

Mr. Bunky’s (10441 Garners Ferry), where the burgers are made with meat from the in-store butcher shop.

Mr. Friendly’s (2001 Greene St.), whose “French Quarter” burger and pimento cheese, with tater tots, is a lunchtime classic.

Grill Marks (711 Gervais St., Vista), with 10-plus burgers with various cheeses on the menu and a Burger of the Week. How can you go wrong?

The Whig (1200 Main St.), offering several choices, including The Whig with smoked gouda, beef gravy, bacon, sriracha aioli. Gotta have it with fries.

Five Guys (various locations). One reader remarked that “Five Guys burgers remind me of a burger cooked on the grill in the backyard.”

And for more top fast-food burgers, readers like Rush’s (various locations), Zesto’s (various locations) and What-a-Burger (804 Meeting St., West Columbia).
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 2:06:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm not surprised that Burger Tavern 77 isn't on that list. After reading some reviews and stuff, I decided to pass on that place.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
15 Places for cheeseburgers in Columbia, SC:

http://www.thestate.com/living/food-drink/article102625567.html

COLUMBIA, SC

Sunday, Sept. 18, is National Cheeseburger Day.

So in honor of the occasion, we’re offering a list – suggested by readers a few years ago and recently updated – of some of Columbia’s favorite places for cheeseburgers.

Happy eating!

Rockaway’s (2719 Rosewood Drive), known for one of the best pimento cheeseburgers around.

Pawley’s Front Porch (827 Harden St., Five Points), whose burgers have been featured on “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives” on the Food Network.

Henry’s (2865 Devine St.) Try the Henry’s Signature Burger with imported red dragon cheese, sautéed mushrooms, and onions.

Kingsman (936 Axtell Drive, Cayce; second location in Lexington), where you’ve got to try The Big Cheese ribeye burger. The ribeye is ground in-house daily.

Twisted Spur (705 Gervais St.), which offers a classic pub burger with a range of cheese choices, among them a beer cheese sauce.

Thirsty Fellow (621 Gadsden St.), with a BLD that includes cheese, a sunnyside-up egg and bacon.

Mack’s Cash Grocery (1809 Laurel St.), with a classic cheeseburger fried on a flat top, made to order.

Mr. Bunky’s (10441 Garners Ferry), where the burgers are made with meat from the in-store butcher shop.

Mr. Friendly’s (2001 Greene St.), whose “French Quarter” burger and pimento cheese, with tater tots, is a lunchtime classic.

Grill Marks (711 Gervais St., Vista), with 10-plus burgers with various cheeses on the menu and a Burger of the Week. How can you go wrong?

The Whig (1200 Main St.), offering several choices, including The Whig with smoked gouda, beef gravy, bacon, sriracha aioli. Gotta have it with fries.

Five Guys (various locations). One reader remarked that “Five Guys burgers remind me of a burger cooked on the grill in the backyard.”

And for more top fast-food burgers, readers like Rush’s (various locations), Zesto’s (various locations) and What-a-Burger (804 Meeting St., West Columbia).
View Quote

Will have to try some of these. Kingsman has the best cheeseburger i've ever had, so glad they opened the new location in Lexington, though i don't care for the atmosphere.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:58:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Just keeping this near the top.....
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 12:18:05 AM EDT
[#15]
The STATE is Slack as usual. They should have included The Backyard Café on Old Barnwell Rd, In the 3 Fountains area near the airport. Multiple types of Hamburgers including the required Pimento Cheeseburger, mama Burger, Mike's big burger and more. Yum!
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:35:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Sumo Hibachi Steak House on Clemson Road in Columbia, has some good sushi
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:21:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:40:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I like my sushi battered and deep fried.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sumo Hibachi Steak House on Clemson Road in Columbia, has some good sushi

I like my sushi battered and deep fried.

Heretic.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Bump
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Went once to Chickadees in Columbia... was good.   I was in the mood for simple breakfast though and just had french toast.

Will go again for lunch or dinner.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Columbia diner here...

I'll second the recommendation for Bourbon downtown on Main, and add another vote for Dano's Pizza as having the best NY style in town.

Saw a list of good Colatown burgers in this thread, but my favorite is at The Kraken on Rosewood, they also make a crazy good lobster grilled cheese sandwich.

To add to the list of quality BBQ joints in the area, I'll put up my favorite when it comes to sandwiches, Southern Belly. They started in a little shack next to the railroad bridge on Rosewood, but have expanded to three locations (one in 5 Points and one near Dutch Square on Colonial Life Blvd). All they make are pulled pork sandwiches served with a variety of toppings/sauces and coleslaw and potato chips on the side. My go-to is the Traditional with Midas sauce.

For anyone who digs sushi, a visit to Camon on Assembly is a must. Chef Kobayashi has been slicing and serving in the same location since 1985, and it's by far the best in the city.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm not surprised that Burger Tavern 77 isn't on that list. After reading some reviews and stuff, I decided to pass on that place.
View Quote

Never mind the food reviews...Burger Tavern 77 is posted as a "gun-free zone".
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:35:50 AM EDT
[#23]
We went to the northeast location of Henry's Restaurant & Bar on Sparkleberry Crossing in Columbia. 
It was good. I got a burger. All the ingredients were fresh, they nailed the temp on my medium rare burger, and service was prompt.

I would go back.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top